BvS Henry Cavill IS Superman - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 26

No issues with his accent personally, but I am English and wouldntnotice as much.

i have no issues with cavill's accent.
i think he's doing a very good job with it.

i hope he gets a meatier role in justice league sequels.
the theatrical cut of bvs really shortchanged superman in it.
but the uc remedied alot of that - cavill's pretty good in his facial acting - saying alot with less words. haha.
i hope we get more superman dialogue next outing though.

I think his accent is fine, some people I know didn't even know he was English when they watched MOsS/BvS.

^ His official Facebook page recently raised the possibility of Henry playing James Bond, and one fan responded that they didn't think the role should be played by an American. So clearly many people do find his accent convincing. :funny:

I think it's a bigger crime that Superman is just as poorly portrayed in writing directing and acting as Lex Luthor. Superman is the greatest comic book character and he's poorly used and acted. This is a shame. I do think Cavill has the charm but him and Snyder and butchering this character. Such a shame.

I think it's a bigger crime that Superman is just as poorly portrayed in writing directing and acting as Lex Luthor. Superman is the greatest comic book character and he's poorly used and acted. This is a shame. I do think Cavill has the charm but him and Snyder and butchering this character. Such a shame.

ya. wink and smile he missed. ;)

Yeah, I think the actor has done a fine job. Don't think changing actors for Superman would have made anything better in the first two movies he's been in. The issue is the directing and writing. Actors can't do that much against the limits they are given from the script.

Looking forward to seeing how he does going forward though.

Superman was the best part of BvS and the DCEU to date.

Me = Proud member of the Cavill-ry.

:smf:

Does anyone know, when Superman comes back in JL, will they resurrect Clark too or will he be just Superman full time?

Does anyone know, when Superman comes back in JL, will they resurrect Clark too or will he be just Superman full time?

I don't think anyone knows, but my money is that Clark somehow comes back.

He comes back as Clark Kent, the mild mannered, clumsy, bumbly reporter of Daily Planet who strikes a passive resemblance to Clark Kent and Superman.

Hey, if Clark Kent can fool people into thinking he ain't Supes. He can fool people into thinking he ain't Clark either.

I don't see how

I don't either but it seems like the safest bet given that a MoS sequel is apparently in the works. Killing him was a real stupid move.

He comes back as Clark Kent, the mild mannered, clumsy, bumbly reporter of Daily Planet who strikes a passive resemblance to Clark Kent and Superman.

Hey, if Clark Kent can fool people into thinking he ain't Supes. He can fool people into thinking he ain't Clark either.

Clark's return should be one of the easiest parts of future DCEU films to write. People saw him walking through dangerous parts of Gotham on the trail of a violent vigilante. Given that it's his job to go dangerous places looking for volatile stories, no one in the public should give a second thought to his cover story when he says that he was kidnapped or knocked unconscious.

Last edited:
Clark's return should be one of the easiest parts of future DCEU films to write. People saw him walking through dangerous parts of Gotham on the trail of a violent vigilante. Given that it's his job to go dangerous places looking for volatile stories, no one in the public should give a second thought to his cover story when he says that he was kidnapped or knocked unconscious.

He "died" during the Doomsday fight. His death was reported in the paper. They buried him. There was a body in Clark's coffin. You really think his return should be easy to write? No matter what route they take, whether it be yours or not, they will inevitably open up a can of worms. The guy who looks like Superman who began living with Lois right after she was seen kissing Superman after the battle of Metropolis dies right when Superman dies and returns when Superman returns. At the very least every single person he works with at the Daily Planet should know his identity.

People tend to forget easy. Plus, we are talking about a bunch of so called journalists who can't even put two and two together. They look at Superman and they look at Clark and they think: two different people. Functioning mental faculties is asking too much here, I think.

He "died" during the Doomsday fight. His death was reported in the paper. They buried him. There was a body in Clark's coffin. You really think his return should be easy to write? No matter what route they take, whether it be yours or not, they will inevitably open up a can of worms.

Misidentification of a body is a regular occurrence. Factor in the catastrophic circumstances of the Doomsday situation, and it becomes even more believable that mistakes were made in the clean-up.

Think about all of the times that you have seen a reporter in a war zone. Would you be shocked if he or she was reported as killed only to later find out that the corpse in question wasn't him or her, and after a period of incapacitation, the still-living reporter went on the air to announce the mistake? I know I wouldn't find that odd.

Misidentification of a body is a regular occurrence. Factor in the catastrophic circumstances of the Doomsday situation, and it becomes even more believable that mistakes were made in the clean-up.

Think about all of the times that you have seen a reporter in a war zone. Would you be shocked if he or she was reported as killed only to later find out that the corpse in question wasn't him or her, and after a period of incapacitation, the still-living reporter went on the air to announce the mistake? I know I wouldn't find that odd.
That doesn't solve the open casket funeral problem.

At the very least every single person in his social circle that didn't know previously would immediately know once he came back.
I can suspend my disbelief. I can believe a man can fly. I can believe that glasses are his disguise. I love superheroes, I buy into this world, but people are people and there's no way this flies unless you just brush it under the rug.

I think it might be best to just leave Clark Kent dead. So much of MOS and BvS was Clark trying to reconcile his human and Kryptonian sides and he struggled because of it. It might be best if he just fully embrace his Kryptonian self and be Superman full time. Superman might play better if he was only in ensemble movies rather than his own stand alone much like how Marvel treats the Hulk.

Superman can do fine in standalone films, and has done so in the past. The problem is that WB does not know how to make a modern film that pleases a wider array of people.

That doesn't solve the open casket funeral problem.

I don't know that it was ever a problem. We saw Martha putting a picture on Clark's hands, but that doesn't necessarily equate with an OC viewing. No one else was close to the casket, indicating that it could have just been his mom prepping him for burial.

What did they put in Superman's casket during the public funeral? Did they ever say? Was it an empty casket? If so, wouldn't anyone wonder where his body was or did Bruce put a fake body there?

What did they put in Superman's casket during the public funeral? Did they ever say? Was it an empty casket? If so, wouldn't anyone wonder where his body was or did Bruce put a fake body there?

Yes, Bruce made a comment about it being empty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"