BvS Henry Cavill IS Superman - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might be early when he was doing primarily Clark stuff (one would think with all the corn). Even Reeve fluctuated a lot in STM. But yeah...also when he yells out in anguish at the end of the film after killing Zod...it was kinda' like 'who''d they replace him with...?' Cavill can look strangely different at times.
I agree. During his Clark scenes he looked smaller in the face. Like his face was more angular. Yet during other times it was more filled out.

You know, I think that's correct. If I remember correctly, Snyder said that cornfield scene (which is when that pic I posted was from) was the first scene they filmed with Henry in his superman suit.
I've heard that mentioned, and I think that might explain it. His face looks a bit smaller in that scene. I could be a camera angle, but there does seem to be some difference between his face there and when he was on the ship, which in the movie was just a few minutes earlier...lol.

I think this might actually be my favourite:

Not only do Cavill and the suit both look perfect -- just jaw-droppingly awesome -- but I love how pissed Superman looks. You can tell some serious **** is about to go down. It's a fitting visual representation of the more badass Superman Snyder seems to be going for in his films.

He looks great there! No lie. The suit in that scene looks great too even with the funky coloring in the movie.

He looks like he's freezing.
:woot: Go ahead and ruin it...lol

Even though Henry Cavill already has my ever-lasting respect for being the best Superman this side of Christopher Reeve, the details in this interview definitely reinforce that:

You mentioned Henry Cavill before – the new Superman. What a transformation he made! He’s super huge!

Well, and I will tell you with Henry that I would put him against any other actor on the planet right now in a fitness test, and I’d put money on the fact that he’d win. He is not just… He doesn’t just look good, he is a fit human being.

Yeah, wouldn’t surprise me.

And it was a pleasure to work with him. He was in Salt Lake City over Christmas, but a pleasure to work with him because he just works hard. No excuses. He shows up, he does what he has to do. He challenges himself and he goes home. There was a couple of times in Salt Lake City where he was my workout partner and I gotta tell you, a lot of people disappoint me when they train with me, he didn’t disappoint me in the least. In fact, he impressed me. And so, a guy like that who… He looks that way for a certain reason, it’s because he bought into it. He bought into the training, he bought into our philosophy, he did what was needed to be done, and that’s what happens.

Wow! So, were you working on… Was it for Superman or…

No. Mark worked with Henry. Mark Twight and Michael Blevins worked with Henry. Henry came in December because it’s over Christmas and to show you the type of dedication that Henry has, he came in over Christmas because he knew he was going to start shooting the movie Batman vs. Superman and start training for the movie in January. So he wanted to come in December to continue his training. He didn’t wanna take time off at Christmas.

Wow! That is dedication, isn’t it?

Yeah. He was there over Christmas and New Year’s and that’s what he did. He didn’t go home to England and party. He didn’t do all the things that I suppose a normal person would have done. He said, “I’m not gonna take a Christmas break off, I wanna be as good as I can be,” and he came to see us.

Wow! Is he fitter than he usually is now or is he even bigger?

Yeah. His fitness… I would say that his fitness is progressing every single day. And not just in terms of looks, but also in terms of what I call real, genuine horsepower. I think people, even in the exercise world, would be shocked with what he can actually lift, what he can actually do. The things he is capable of. He doesn’t just look good. It’s actual real, genuine fitness which is really nice.
He really seems like a role model both onscreen and off.

^ That makes me both admire and feel sorry for him.

His dedication is amazing and I'm so glad he's committed to this role. It really shows on screen.

But he really went through a lot for this movie it seems. Such hard work. The pressure on actors to look a certain way for parts like this is insane.

^ That makes me both admire and feel sorry for him.

His dedication is amazing and I'm so glad he's committed to this role. It really shows on screen.

But he really went through a lot for this movie it seems. Such hard work. The pressure on actors to look a certain way for parts like this is insane.

This is his only real incentive:

tumblr_n001f5KbIl1sqep2mo2_500.png

tumblr_n001f5KbIl1sqep2mo1_500.png

^ lol, I'll bake him a whole bunch. But he has to wait until after filming to claim them. His trainer would slap me for spoiling his work now.:oldrazz:

MrsKent lives in Canada(?) so he'd have to go there to get some of MrsKent's famous brownies. ;):hehe:

I won't feel bad for Cavill if the work pays off (i.e. if the movie becomes a major success), though I do feel bad that he trained through Christmas and now it looks like BvS will be slightly delayed.

Cavill just seems like a really great guy and I'd like him to be successful given how much obvious hard work he puts into his roles. It annoys me when people say he looks like Superman but denigrate his acting skills, because not only did he pull off a perfect Superman in a way that wasn't just a slavish imitation of Reeve, but I feel he's been perfectly charismatic in his other roles too (such as Immortals).

Really hoping that Man from U.N.C.L.E. is a success. Cavill obviously has considerable charm, as we've seen in his interviews, but MOS didn't allow him to fully utilize because he had to portray Clark as more of a quiet loner.

Personally, I wouldn't have minded if Warner Bros had released THIS image first of Henry as superman.

ewsupermanmanofsteel2.jpg

I won't feel bad for Cavill if the work pays off (i.e. if the movie becomes a major success), though I do feel bad that he trained through Christmas and now it looks like BvS will be slightly delayed.

Cavill just seems like a really great guy and I'd like him to be successful given how much obvious hard work he puts into his roles. It annoys me when people say he looks like Superman but denigrate his acting skills, because not only did he pull off a perfect Superman in a way that wasn't just a slavish imitation of Reeve, but I feel he's been perfectly charismatic in his other roles too (such as Immortals).

Really hoping that Man from U.N.C.L.E. is a success. Cavill obviously has considerable charm, as we've seen in his interviews, but MOS didn't allow him to fully utilize because he had to portray Clark as more of a quiet loner.

I agree. I think he is under-rated as an actor sometimes. I hope he gets one great role that is one of those typical "oscar bait" roles, knocks it outta the park and shuts people up about his acting.

Referring to BVS? Because that's gonna be a guaranteed monster when it's released. Man From U.N.C.L.E. I'm very excited about.

Personally, I wouldn't have minded if Warner Bros had released THIS image first of Henry as superman.

I would have preferred that to the first picture too. I thought that first picture was cool in concept, but it didn't fully showcase how gorgeous Cavill is or how superman-ish he can look.

Referring to BVS? Because that's gonna be a guaranteed monster when it's released. Man From U.N.C.L.E. I'm very excited about.

When I wrote that, I was primarily thinking of BvS but also MOS -- the success of which, sadly, has become something of a contentious issue.

I CANNOT wait to see the eventual first picture of Cav-El and BatFleck together!

Me neither. That will cause a geek-out of gargantuan proportions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"