BvS Here's the problem with introducing Batman in a Superman film.

I think it's cool. As long as we don't get Batman's origin. Seriously, skip Crime Alley. WE KNOW!

Also, Batman never struck me as the kind of guy who calls someone whenever things get too tough. In fact, if he did so, it would kind of remove a bit of power from Batman, wouldn't you think? "Oh, a hostage situation! This looks like a job for Superman! (pulls out phone, dials)"

An added bonus to going that way...you have automatic mystique of Batman, the viewer will see Batman much like the citizens of Gotham would see him.

Who is he? Is he good/bad? Does he have rules?

In the films/comics, the viewer always knows Batman and how far he'll go and what's motivating him, but having him more mysterious, we'll get a different view of him.

The more I think about it, the more excited about this I get.

BINGO.

In the past 12 hours, I've also seen a total shift in the DC Fanboy whining.

One week ago:

- DC and WB need to hurry up on a shared universe!
- Marvel is beating them!
- WB has no competition for The Avengers!
- WB has no plan. They dropped the ball just like they always do!
- WB is a bunch of idiots!

WB announces a Superman/Batman crossover film:

- It's too soon!
- This is a bad idea!
- Superman and Batman together wouldn't work!
- I want a TRUE Man of Steel sequel!
- Superman's taking a backseat in his own film!
- David Goyer sucks!

WHAT THE HELL DO YOU PEOPLE WANT :cmad::cmad::cmad:

Well, then there's some of us that feel this Superman/Batman movie is a bad way of catering to the mindset listed above. Why do we need a JLA movie so soon? Is it because Avengers made so much money and WB just realized they could of done something similar with the DCU? WB needs to accept they're behind, but they can do it gracefully. They can still come out on top as winners, but they're going to have to outdo Marvel in terms of quality. This Superman/Batman movie doesn't sound like a quality decision. It comes across as a gimmick to get Batman rebooted as soon as possible for a JLA movie. Why not green light Wonder Woman, Flash and Aquaman for 2016. Reboot Batman in 2017 and save the JLA movie for 2018 instead? That's 3-5 years to get it right on each film. Hell, Avengers took 5 years to build up to. No need to rush things.

BINGO.

One week ago:

- It's too soon!
- This is a bad idea!
- David Goyer sucks!

WOW, it's like the internet ISN'T a hivemind that agrees on every single subject...who knew?

WOW, it's like the internet ISN'T a hivemind that agrees on every single subject...who knew?

He's talking about the general consensus, so yes, the majority opinion was that WB wasn't moving fast enough and now it's that they're moving too fast.

Hate to break it to you guys, but this stuff is barely made for fans. It's made for the general population first but yes of course it has to fit the story. And it does. It's not like there wasn't any Wayne Enterprises logo teased in MOS, or any confirmation that the Nolan movies weren't over. Justice League or at least the idea of Batman and Superman in the same movie has been rumored for a decade. This isn't coming out of nowhere people. It's always been the plan, the thing is when would be the RIGHT time story wise to do it? This is the time.

It's a business before some fan-servicing franchise, the sooner we all accept that, the more open minded you'll be.

This makes sense from a business standpoint and in the story with how MOS ended.

People should stop whining. It's not like Brett Ratner or Michael Bay are handling this. This is a once in a liftetime thing people, stop nitpicking, it's going to be a worldwide phenomenon and it's not going to do anything to stop future Superman movies or Batman movies from happening.

So when Batman's solo film comes around and Gotham is being threatened with citywide destruction... why wouldn't Bruce just call Clark for backup and even if his pride keeps him from doing so, Clark works at a daily newspaper. He's going to find out that one of America's major cities is under threat and go help out.

So does Batman make some pact with Clark, telling him to 'Stay outta Gotham?'

To be honest though. After the third act of MOS, Bruce would be making a good call there.

I literally do not care about this issue. I'm willing to suspend my disbelief on this.

Batman mostly fights Criminals and he normally doesn't require any body's help, also he does the detective work and spy work where Superman's help is not needed.

Most of batman's foes are psychologically damaged villains, who commit crimes, stopping them requires a hero who can read what they will do next, so unless Superman can understand how their dark mind works, he cannot help batman to fight them, in other words, batman can deal with them all by himself.

Perfect response - people seem to forget, in my opinion is due to Nolan's interpretation, is that more than anything, he is a detective with exceptional skills, think sherlock holmes and liam neeson love child. He goes after criminals, twisted, dark criminals with a flare of the extreme - even a hybrid and other bizarre paranormal activities.

It's a fantasy, set in the real world.

I hope this sequel to man of steel explores the idea of an alien amongst us, this will surely wake bruce up. as i have said before, bruce and lex team up to rebuild, explore the tech retrieved and batman will be there, in the shadows.

So when Batman's solo film comes around and Gotham is being threatened with citywide destruction... why wouldn't Bruce just call Clark for backup and even if his pride keeps him from doing so, Clark works at a daily newspaper. He's going to find out that one of America's major cities is under threat and go help out.

So does Batman make some pact with Clark, telling him to 'Stay outta Gotham?'

To be honest though. After the third act of MOS, Bruce would be making a good call there.

This does however assume that Superman has nothing on his plate, and that he thinks Batman can't handle it.

And it really depends on the circumstances. Batman deals with plenty of things that would fall under Superman's radar, even if they do eventually go on to threaten the entire city. The events of Batman Begins for example, and arguably even the events in the Dark Knight.

Batman has his ear to the ground in Gotham, Superman doesn't.

JeremyJahns made a great and plausible theory for the movie. Im on my phone so I can't post the link but it goes along the lines of

Spoilers********

At the end of MOS, Metropolis had been destroyed to ruins. As previously speculated, Lex will be a key contribute to rebuilding the city. But he won't be the only billionaire, as he partners with Bruce Wayne. In the film, Superman early on realizes Luthors motives and attempts to stop him but will be met with a force known as Batman. Batman has no reason to trust Supes, as he and another of his species just went to town in the city. Plus, he could a have a friendship with Lex at the start to only towards the end use his detective skills and find out who he really is and team with Clark and form WORLDS FINEST.

Whoo, long type, but I happen to love this outline of a plot.

JeremyJahns made a great and plausible theory for the movie. Im on my phone so I can't post the link but it goes along the lines of

Spoilers********

At the end of MOS, Metropolis had been destroyed to ruins. As previously speculated, Lex will be a key contribute to rebuilding the city. But he won't be the only billionaire, as he partners with Bruce Wayne. In the film, Superman early on realizes Luthors motives and attempts to stop him but will be met with a force known as Batman. Batman has no reason to trust Supes, as he and another of his species just went to town in the city. Plus, he could a have a friendship with Lex at the start to only towards the end use his detective skills and find out who he really is and team with Clark and form WORLDS FINEST.

I liked the plot layed out by JeremyJahns. I like to think in the Batman/Superman fight Batman realizes "This man is not our enemy" when Clark holds back the entire time and lets him win. I think it should convey the message we all learned in DragonBall Z that the best way to win a fight is to turn enemies into friends, that way both Superman & Batman fans can walk away from the movie feeling satisfied.

Spoilers********

The major flaw in that plot is that makes batman looks like an idiot. We all know batman is the first guy to suspect anyone.

The only way this plot makes sense is that the twist at the end is that batman already know what lex is up to and he is just using the bruce Wayne persona to be a business partner with lexcrop in order to get concrete evidence to lock lex up for good.

This thread puts in my mind a great scene we could have.

Maybe a serious threat is coming down on Gotham and Bruce is brooding in the cave. Alfred walks in "would you like for me to call Mr. Kent..."

Then Bruce stops him and stands up and screams NO!

Just spitballing.

Who says that future films won't take place on such a time table that Batman can't call Superman? If say the first Batman solo movie involves a villain like Penguin or Black Mask doing some mob stuff why would Batman need to call Superman?

BINGO.

One week ago:

- It's too soon!
- This is a bad idea!
- David Goyer sucks!

:up:

Once I read "WB has no plan. They dropped the ball just like they always do!" I literally started to lol. You nailed it on the head!

Superman has his own problems; he can't babysit Bruce all of the time

it's the same reason why nobody thinks Bats is Bruce Wayne, or can tell that Clark Kent is Supes.

Who cares.

I think it's cool. As long as we don't get Batman's origin. Seriously, skip Crime Alley. WE KNOW!

Also, Batman never struck me as the kind of guy who calls someone whenever things get too tough. In fact, if he did so, it would kind of remove a bit of power from Batman, wouldn't you think? "Oh, a hostage situation! This looks like a job for Superman! (pulls out phone, dials)"

And yet he does exactly that in the very first episode of the highly-regarded Justice League animated series.

There is nothing to worry about. This movie will be great. Just fans again, over reacting. I just can't take the fan community seriously because they have been clamouring for a film like this and finally we will get this and now they don't want it/think it's a bad idea.

There is nothing to worry about. This movie will be great. Just fans again, over reacting. I just can't take the fan community seriously because they have been clamouring for a film like this and finally we will get this and now they don't want it/think it's a bad idea.

We do want it, but not this soon. We want a movie that will directly follow on from MOS where Clark/Superman can develop himself individually with the people around him and fix what people didn't like from MOS, not shoe-in Batman to get people's butts in seats and to have the "too young and too dumb" BatFans rub in our faces that Superman sucks and lose any progression with a Dark Knight Returns-esque fight which reduces the cool Superman we got into a dumb caricature parody of himself.

This movie would have been better as the 3rd movie Cavill plays Superman. MOS 2 should be Superman vs Lex Luthor like how TDK was Batman vs Joker.

We do want it, but not this soon. We want a movie that will directly follow on from MOS where Clark/Superman can develop himself individually with the people around him and fix what people didn't like from MOS, not shoe-in Batman to get people's butts in seats and to have the "too young and too dumb" BatFans rub in our faces that Superman sucks and lose any progression with a Dark Knight Returns-esque fight which reduces the cool Superman we got into a dumb caricature parody of himself.

This movie would have been better as the 3rd movie Cavill plays Superman. MOS 2 should be Superman vs Lex Luthor like how TDK was Batman vs Joker.

Congrats on seeing the film so early. You must have some serious connections...

I've got no problem with a World's Finest movie. I have a problem with Goyer and Snyder being put in charge of a World's Finest.

Perhaps Bat-solo movies can take place before superman announced himself. He could have been something of an urban legend in gotham. That could explain how he has experience to go toe to toe with superman.

Batman will not be introduced in a Superman film. The upcoming film is a Batman/Superman movie, not a Superman movie. Goyer even said that "Batman vs. Superman" is being considered as a title possibility.

^ It's an MoS sequel, therefore making it a Superman film. It's just not SOLELY a Superman film.

Based on what we've been told, it's basically Warner Bros.' version of X-Men: Days of Future Past, which is both a direct sequel to First Class AND a sequel to X-Men, X2, and X-Men: The Last Stand.

Something to look out for is the running time.

A good running time is needed to introduce the new Batman and to show the dynamic between Superman and Batman and how it develops. The producers also have to take into consideration the development of the villian(s), the main story and finally the battle(s). A running time similar to DKR. I expect no less than 2 hours and 30 minutes. Whomever edits this film will have his or her hands full.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"