Days of Future Past How do you think DOFP will be remembered in the future to come?

It probably will be. That's exactly what happened with The Avengers.

Huh underrated comic book of the year? :huh: It has a great user rating on IMDb/Rotten Tomatoes. How is that underrated? Plus its probably going to be the highest grossing comic-book film of 2014. No way its underrated.

Meaning it is overshadowed by Captain America and Guardians of the Galaxy. I hear more about those two than DOFP

All three of them were amazing cmb movies in my book

Last edited:
Well then I can also say that I know more people in real life that saw X-Men than those films. And just because they are other good films out there and it doesnt make the other good films underrated. Also just because a film overshadowed another film, it doesnt make the latter underrated. I dont think thats even the case for Dofp since Cap2 was released like seven weeks earlier and the other one was released eleven weeks later. Those films didnt affect people's opinion about Dofp, imho.

With that logic of yours then we should call X2 and First Class underrated because they are not as popular or talked about as SM2, TDK and TA.

Well then I can also say that I know more people in real life that saw X-Men than those films. And just because they are other good films out there and it doesnt make the other good films underrated. Also just because a film overshadowed another film, it doesnt make the latter underrated. I dont think thats even the case for Dofp since Cap2 was released like seven weeks earlier and the other one was released eleven weeks later. Those films didnt affect people's opinion about Dofp, imho.

With that logic of yours then we should call X2 and First Class underrated because they are not as popular or talked about as SM2, TDK and TA.

You're just missing my point. I have several different groups of friends as well as people I talk to that are movie goers, and they all loved Days of Future Past, but when it comes to talking about movies, the majority I hear about is MCU's two films.

When I say overshadowed, I didn't mean those films made DOFP look bad or are better, people just talk about other films, especially with Guardians being a hit.

I really expected a poster like you to agree with this statement, as I'm in a way saying, DOFP seems to not be appreciated as much as it should be. Lol.

You're taking me saying "underrated" as meaning it is overrated, which is exactly what I am not saying.

Last edited:
Look at MIS Marvel film section and you can see some already bashing DOFP.

On twitter people talk about marvel VS DC battle and since X-Men films aren't
produced by MS It tends to get forgotten by some.

Underrated is a compliment here psylockolossus

The movie I would call underrated is The Wolverine not Days of Future Past.

For me it will be rememberd as the movie that cut Rogue and kept a useless warpath.
And it will be rememberd by me ( probably ) as the movie where the directors cut will be better.

Warpath was just as replaceable as any future character that were not Kitty, Wolverine, Magneto or Prof X. Singling him out is odd since the majority were just for FX. At least he had a few lines unlike other characters. Rogue served a completely different purpose then him and was cut cause her story was a separate subplot, the films narrative could exist without her on screen.

Is the Ultimate/Extended Cut confirmed to be the actual Directors cut? It sounded like Singer is the one who cut it down in the first place. Regardless, the flick got an extremely high reception without her so there ya go.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be so mad. We've had a decent Rogue in other media, like the comics, cartoons and video games. I'm sure someday we'll have an awesome Rogue on film, as well as Cyclops, Angel, and other forgotten characters.

It's really hard, as Guardians pretty much proved to be the "underdog" of the year, not having a fan base at all, and turning out to be a hit.

DOFP in my opinion is the "underrated" comic book movie of the year, especially with the other two great comic book movies, Winter Soldier and Guardians.

I loved it. In my top five comic book movies for sure.

I hear you and basically agree with you.

Also, I am pretty sure it will also go down as one of the best, if not the best X-men movie Fox has made. I do have high hopes for Apocalypse and if Singer stays on it then it should be good, but DoFP could be hard to beat as it used OT cast members, the novelty of the Sentinels, and was based on such a classic storyline. Again, just an opinion as the next movie may crush this one after all.

I think DOFP will be the time where the focus will more towards the past and that the present wont be seen as much now.
The other thing that annoyed me was what's the point of having Sunspot when you could have had Pyro or maybe even the Human Torch. Weird!

Sunspot was the only latino in the film and he should have had more lines because, as it turns out, "Hispanic women are the most avid moviegoers in the U.S." according to this article shared by an NPR blog. Although minorities are a central theme to the X-Films, there is still an evident bias towards promoting white men.

PAST
Magneto (white man)
Charles (white man)
Wolverine (white man)
Beast (white man, sometimes blue and furry)
Quicksilver (white man)
Mystique (blue woman, sometimes white)
Peter Dinklage (white male dwarf)

FUTURE:
Magneto (white man)
Charles (white man)
Wolverine (white man)
Iceman (white man)
Shadowcat (white woman)
Colossus (white man)
Storm (Black woman, died first),
Bishop (Black man, died second),
Blink (Asian woman with few lines),
Warpath (Native American man with few lines),
Sunspot (Latino man, no lines).
Rogue (Southern white woman, cut from film)
No gay/lesbian characters.

It's quite a shame, really. X-Men would be the ideal franchise to break some of Hollywood's molds, especially for a franchise popular worldwide. Now Marvel is trying to counteract one of X-Men's biggest assets (it's diversity) and turning it's heroes into minorities in the comics... and who knows when that could get transferred to film. (Black Captain America, Female Thor, etc.)

Last edited:
Nonetheless, I think DOFP was a great film for the summer of 2014. Bryan Singer rocks as a director and, of course, all films have their flaws and drawbacks.

Down the line, I hope it's remembered as the film that saved the franchise and expanded it into a bigger universe (OT films, prequels, character films, spin-offs, etc.).

I hear you and basically agree with you.

Also, I am pretty sure it will also go down as one of the best, if not the best X-men movie Fox has made. I do have high hopes for Apocalypse and if Singer stays on it then it should be good, but DoFP could be hard to beat as it used OT cast members, the novelty of the Sentinels, and was based on such a classic storyline. Again, just an opinion as the next movie may crush this one after all.

I agree with ya too. DOFP is my favorite X-Men movie to date.

DoFP is by far my favourite X-film, and my third or possibly even second favourite CBM overall.

About it being underrated... part of me thinks it's going underappreciated (though, of course it has a great reputation) simply because it has a Fox logo at the front instead of a Marvel Studios one.

I will remember DOFP because I got to go to the premiere, see the movie two weeks early, and got to meet some of our lovely SHH folks that day.

I will remember DOFP as the reason my tan never quite evened out this summer thanks to the Wolverine sneakers I wore during that hot, sunny day on line at the Javits Center, despite the fact that I’ve worn socks maybe three times since then.

I will remember DOFP as the second time in less than a year that I got to see Hugh Jackman before seeing a new X-Men movie...this time with the added bonus of James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender, who turned up at the theater as well.

I will remember DOFP because I now know that I can leave a movie theater at 11:59pm, run six blocks in the pouring rain, make a 12:20am bus with five minutes to spare, and still manage to salvage the my free poster.

I will remember DOFP because I have this picture of almost the entire cast just sort of milling around on a stage:

imagejpg1_zps37f5e6e3.jpg

...and I will remember DOFP because I saw it 6 times, and it was freaking awesome. Bring on Apocalypse! :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"