The Force Awakens How would you rate TFA?

When I saw it for the first time - something around 7/10.

When I saw it for the second time - something around 9/10.

Lots of people are saying that this gets better on a second watch so may be it's gonna happen to me too but it's probably a 7 for me right now.

My rate from first viewing probably 7.5-8, and i don`t want to go watch it again because that rate may fall...

Here's my review of Star Wars:
The Force Awakens is the first sequel to Star Wars since Return of the Jedi (1983), and was produced by the Walt Disney Company after the acquisition of Lucasfilm in 2012 with the purchase price of 4.05 Billion Dollars.

The Force Awakens is exactly the kind of movie you’d expect a major Hollywood blockbuster studio to make to earn a return on their investment and therefore it is exactly what the general fans of any franchise wanted: The same old, painted new.

The plot quite essentially almost follows step by step the story of a New Hope with the Rebel Alliance (The Resistance) having a secret map hidden from Galactic Empire (the First Order), who possess a Death Star (Starkiller Base). Those who have seen a New Hope may already guess by now how the movie ends, so what does the movie have anything to speak for itself? Yes it does, the characters.

Daisy Ridley is the Scavenger Rey from a Desert planet not named Tatooine who might become the strongest individual character of the entire franchise. John Boyega plays Finn, a former Stormtrooper who’s had enough of war, Oscar Isaacs plays an inspiring Rebel X-Wing pilot and we have Adam Driver playing Kylo Ren, the quite essential Darth Vader want to be. All these characters are written and acted well enough to be likeable instantaneously and provide familiar tropes for movie goers to be related to. I’m very excited to see where they are going with Kylo Ren’s story the most for instance.

Introducing these new main characters with old characters coming back in supporting roles gives enough juice for Disney to reboot the franchise with a sequel that gives you, just what you’d expect they would.

We can only hope the sequel to Force Awakens will set itself apart from the past and spin its own tale, or we might have a revival to a franchise that does nothing but remind ourselves of the past.

8/10

Not a die-hard SW fan, but I really enjoyed it the second go-round. I'll have to see it again, but it is so much better than the prequels and Abrams' second ST film.

8/10.
I really enjoyed it (seen it 3 times already!) but I can't deny that the film had some minor issues (mainly Phasma's role, Fischer's acting, Ben Solo's Reveal, rehash of the Deathstar plot).

All in all TFA is my third favourite Star Wars film behind TESB, and Star Wars. I know that this has been repeated over and over again since the release but, STAR WARS is back!
I can't wait for Episode VIII

Last edited:
I miss movies that actually have a new story, new imaginative locations and that try to move the saga forward in some way.

Forgive me for not wanting to see the Death Star blown up by rebels for the hundredth time. :whatever:

Agreed. I gave the film a 1/10, sadly there was no 0/10 option.

The film was one big rehash of A New Hope.

A solid 8/10. A very fun and adventurous entry with good new characters. A bit light on drama and emotional stakes, too fast paced maybe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"