How much do you really care about X3 being only 103 minutes?

GreatWhiteWhale said:
Hey Nell

(Nell, aren't you meant to be MIA?)

I was, but I started posting again, so I took the "M.I.A." tag out of my sig and custom title. I've been posting regularly again for a couple weeks now.

But with all this unfounded negativity, I might just end up pulling a WorthyStevens. I'm really getting tired of coming here, only to find everyone *****ing about the runtime of this movie. It got really old a long time ago. Now it's becoming more than annoying. It's becoming really frustrating, and somewhat agitating. This forum hasn't been too enjoyable the past couple of days. And quite frankly, I don't want to be sitting in the movie theatres the whole time, thinking about how this, that, or the other thing proves all the nay-sayers wrong, and I was right from the get go. I wanna concentrate on enjoying the movie, not proving VileOne wrong.

freshandclean said:
Well I'm a little sick and tired of the *****ing about the *****ing concerning the runtime, especially when an entire thread is devoted to "will the Marvel sign zoom into the 'R'." Please.

Yea, well unlike 90% of these boards, I'm not running around, lighting myself on fire in protest, because some minor ****ing detail is gonna ruin the entire movie, and how Fox is the evil Satanic corporation that's out to steal our souls by making short superhero movies, instead of turning them into Gone With The Wind :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

So you ***** about the *****ing? Talk about a self-defeating strategy. :rolleyes:

Nell2ThaIzzay said:
Yea, well unlike 90% of these boards, I'm not running around, lighting myself on fire in protest, because some minor ****ing detail is gonna ruin the entire movie, and how Fox is the evil Satanic corporation that's out to steal our souls by making short superhero movies, instead of turning them into Gone With The Wind :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Minor detail? I'm sorry but the runtime of a movie that many think should be closer to 2 hours isn't as petty as whether Professor's voiceover will be included or if the Marvel logo is gonna zoom into the 'R' or not. This is another case of "my concerns about the movie trumps your concerns about the movie". But I don't go around telling everyone to shut up about their concerns because this is a public forum where these types of concerns should be talked about. Nor do I say I'm leaving only to return a week later. Next time, don't talk about it, be about it.

If you guys actually had something to ***** about, it would be different.

But you guys have absolutley no idea how these storylines are going to be handled, how they may even tie into each other which would lessen the amount of time needed to tell, or how these stories are going to be told.

And it's one thing when people say "I feel concern over the runtime, because in my opinion these storylines should be given more time to properly develop"... okay, I disagree with that, but whatever. It's an understandable opinion.

But when people, who don't know what they are talking about, quite literally, seeing as how little we know about this movie, run around *****ing about how this movie is going to be ruined, Ratner is a hack, and the Fox corporation is really the kingdom of Hell, it's a little bit overdramatic, and a little bit arrogant to assume that we know more than the PROFESSIONAL FILMMAKERS!

Get a legitamate arguement before you start running around making declarations of this movie being an utter disaster, and catastrophic to the world as we know it.

freshandclean said:
Minor detail? I'm sorry but the runtime of a movie that many think should be closer to 2 hours isn't as petty as whether Professor's voiceover will be included or if the Marvel logo is gonna zoom into the 'R' or not. This is another case of "my concerns about the movie trumps your concerns about the movie". But I don't go around telling everyone to shut up about their concerns because this is a public forum where these types of concerns should be talked about. Nor do I say I'm leaving only to return a week later. Next time, don't talk about it, be about it.

And I'm also not running around proclaing that a potential different introduction will ruin the movie.

However, everyone is stating that this movie has no chance of being successful (in terms of storytelling) because of the runtime, DESPITE THE FACT that nobody has seen the movie to be able to comprehend how these story arcs are being handled!

Well , we'll have a fast paced movie..i hope that is good..don't go expecting a classic , you will not get it.

That said , one thing i have a hard time understanding..Ratner said they did cut only 30 seconds?

In a script ,usually a page mean one minute:

hey simon, can you say how many pages the script ended up at?
*Hard to say, because when you get into production, you lock the script and start using half-pages and additional pages (A and B pages). I think it was ultimately around 125 pages.

Nell2ThaIzzay said:
If you guys actually had something to ***** about, it would be different.

But you guys have absolutley no idea how these storylines are going to be handled, how they may even tie into each other which would lessen the amount of time needed to tell, or how these stories are going to be told.

And it's one thing when people say "I feel concern over the runtime, because in my opinion these storylines should be given more time to properly develop"... okay, I disagree with that, but whatever. It's an understandable opinion.

But when people, who don't know what they are talking about, quite literally, seeing as how little we know about this movie, run around *****ing about how this movie is going to be ruined, Ratner is a hack, and the Fox corporation is really the kingdom of Hell, it's a little bit overdramatic, and a little bit arrogant to assume that we know more than the PROFESSIONAL FILMMAKERS!

This is the same studio that churned out Elektra, Daredevil, Fantastic Four and treated X-men like ****. Are you serious? I couldn't give a crap if they were the Angelic Host. They suck at making superhero movies. We're not walking into this blind. There's been a boatload of bad developments in this production, and somehow this is going to be a great film. You're the one with no legitimate argument.
Nell2ThaIzzay said:
Get a legitamate arguement before you start running around making declarations of this movie being an utter disaster, and catastrophic to the world as we know it.

For the same reason I expect the next Communist revolution to be an utter disaster. Its been done.

And this is coming from someone who said, and I quote:

I am 100% convinced that this movie is going to be awesome...

This is what I was talking about earlier. If someone says this film will 100% be a disaster (which I don't agree with in the least) they're told that's impossible unless you're either Ratner or have seen the film. Whereas you state with 100% accuracy, mind you, that the film will be awesome. IMO, it's equally annoying because you are equally as ignorant about the outcome as everyone else. Talk about arrogance.

Nell2ThaIzzay said:

So its okay for you to ***** about Gambit not being in and people cant about this? Interesting.

Or sentinels ;)

Nell , it will be nice if you had ,a little more understanding about why people are really *****ing..

i think a lot of people did have it with you and Gambit ( i'm not a fan , and i could understand why you were upset )

RedIsNotBlue said:
So its okay for you to ***** about Gambit not being in and people cant about this? Interesting.

I know, seriously. And not to mention, the only single positive development anyone knows about this film is that the trailer was good. The trailer. I dont even think its possible to make a really bad trailer.

But somehow that indicates that all of the bad signs about this movie- from the super-rushed schedule, to the fact that the scriptwriters have only been associated with mediocre-to-terrible movies, to the fact that the director came on at the very last minute- all those signs are meaningless.

ok nevermind about the page ratio...from what i know it is usually the same..but :
*The one-page-equals-one-minute ratio is never entirely true. I have never worked on a movie (or even heard of a movie) where the running time was the exact same as the page count. On Mr and Mrs Smith, the final shooting script was 138 pages long, and the movie was 120. As for FF, I appreciate you saying that we had an “amazing” script, but I don’t think we ever truly hit "amazing" territory. I think we had a good, and in some spots great, script. But I don’t think the problem with the movie was running time. In fact, the studio and director went back to film extra scenes a few months before the release, making it at least 5 minutes longer.

*I don’t think the script was rushed. Brett and his editor had a particular vision for the film, which was more intense and kinetic than the first two movies.

I have a hard time believing that the characters,or the plot will breath in this , that there will be a building momentum ,

but, we'll see anyways.

Maze said:
I have a hard time believing that the characters,or the plot will breath in this , that there will be a building momentum ,

but, we'll see anyways.

I think that's going to prove to be quite a true statement, I think it will build towards a climax at the end, I think it will be paced more like V for Vendetta, rather than something like Fight Club. I hope someone understands what im saying by comparing the pacing, plot development, and climaxes in those two films.

Also, a word on what Nell is saying about *****ing. I don't think he's upset with the Negativity people are having about the film, (or maybe he is), I think he's upset about the negativity people are having about each others opinions. I myself have done it, and I think there could be many reasons, I think April/May is naturally a stressful time for most young adults for a variety of reasons and this may be translating through to the boards.

Anyway, with that said, there are many things that are making me second-guess the supposed brilliance of this film, but im still hoping for an enjoyable movie, all said and done, it's just a movie, just a movie, and not an important part of my general happiness.

I'm looking forward to the movie, if I enjoy it, Ill be happy. If its not brilliant, there are many other things to be happy about and im not going to dwell on it.

Nell should be quiet. I never gave Nell crap about the Gambit whining.

I think April/May is naturally a stressful time for most young adults for a variety of reasons and this may be translating through to the boards.

lol!:D:up:

Maze said:
Or sentinels ;)

Nell , it will be nice if you have a little more understanding about why people are really *****ing..

i think a lot of people did have it with you and Gambit ( i'm not a fan , and i could understand why you were upset )

lol...

Understanding is the last thing I got with the Gambit situation.

I was told that I should get over it, he's not in it. Everyone told me how I should want to see the character, instead of letting me make the decision for myself. I've been told that I shouldn't care about one character, because the X-Men is bigger than any one character. I've been told I wasn't a true fan of the X-Men because I liked Gambit better than Kitty Pryde. People have gone into the official Gambit thread and told us to shut up about the character. There was no understanding for us Gambit fans.

But this isn't some kind of "out for revenge" thing, no. There's a difference. The difference being, I'm not running around calling this movie a failure because Gambit isn't in it. I've even acknowledged how adding characters like Kitty Pryde works better than Gambit for storytelling purposes, and I've apologized for my aggressive nature towards Kitty Pryde and her fans, because I realized I was out of line for my reaction towards her.

I might not agree with it, but people who say "I'm concerned over the runtime because of...", that's understandable. Do I agree with it? No.

But it's people "This movie HAS to be 2 and a half hours", "this movie is gonna suck", and officially dooming this movie because of the runtime is what I'm talking about. I never recall stating this movie was DOOMED because I didn't get to see Gambit, or might not get to see Sentinels. I stated that I feel those things should be in the movie, and the movie would be more enjoyable for me if I saw those things (as they are some of my favorite things in X-Men), but I never said the movie would suck. It's totally different.

And it's funny that you say that we're judging ONLY from the trailer (the people who are supportive of the film)... what exactly are the negative people judging it on? The AICN script review? Oh, that incomplete DRAFT that was reviewed like, a year ago, and the entire draft wasn't even reviewed? The same one that's also undergone extensive changes since the review? As has been proven by the fact that we've seen a lot of things since that were never included in that script, and the entire 3rd act has been reworked? That's what you're judging on?

Or are you judging it on the director, who is a big fan of the previous 2 movies, wants to keep the same tone, and at the same time is adding in even more of the comic book elements than Singer ever did, including the fan favorite Danger Room?

Or is it the writers? Simon Kinberg, who worked on LATE REVISIONS on movies like Fantastic 4, and wasn't a full part of that production? Or is it Zak Penn, who made the great X2 movie, and who's story was used for the most part by Singer, Hayter, Harris, etc...?

Oh, now you have to blame the studio. Cuz they made Fantastic 4 and Daredevil, which are very different from 'X-Men' even in the comics, and inherently came out as different movies (which weren't bad at all, by the way). Despite the fact that this is the same studio that churned out the first 2 beloved 'X-Men' movies. This is also the same studio that has churnned out movies like Titanic and Walk The Line... respectable movies to say the very least...

Questionable evidence at the least. Meanwhile, I'm over here praising what I've actually SEEN, with my own 2 eyes. Photage from 2 trailers and 3 TV commercials. Countless pictures. And I've seen a very limited number of trailers in my lifetime that had a comparable impact on my anticipation that X-Men 3's trailer had on me; Return of the King, Matrix Revolutions, Revenge of the Sith... all 3 of those movies had me utterly pumped up from the trailers. And the only one that disappointed in the least bit was Matrix Revolutions, a movie that one it's own was still pretty damned good. So the fact that X-Men 3 is in the same league as Revenge of the Sith and Return of the King in terms of trailer quality is a pretty damned good sign to me.

But no, I stated an obvious disappointment to NOT BEING ABLE TO SEE MY FAVORITE CHARACTER brought to life on the big screen, a disappointment to possibly not seeing what I consider to be the most definitive X-Men villian behind Magneto, and all of a sudden that is the same as running around like a chicken with my head cut off, declaring this movie a disaster of epic proportions because of a running time, despite the fact that nobody has seen this movie, and nobody knows how these stories are going to play out.

Yup, really the same thing there. You ****ing got me. ***** on. Despite the fact that you have no evidence to back up your *****es, and despite the fact that your *****es are obviously over-reacting, just go ahead and keep *****ing. Because my expression of disappointment is the same thing as declaring this movie a failure without anything to back it up.

:rolleyes::up:

Nell. You keep making sense to me lately...Uh, at least on the subject matter..

-TNC

GreatWhiteWhale said:
I think that's going to prove to be quite a true statement, I think it will build towards a climax at the end, I think it will be paced more like V for Vendetta, rather than something like Fight Club. I hope someone understands what im saying by comparing the pacing, plot development, and climaxes in those two films.

Personally, I don't want it to be full throttle the whole time. I think it'll be better if there are those little moments that break up the action/intense scenes. But from what I've seen, i.e. the Iceman/Kitty ice dance, that might not be a problem.

Also, a word on what Nell is saying about *****ing. I don't think he's upset with the Negativity people are having about the film, (or maybe he is), I think he's upset about the negativity people are having about each others opinions. I myself have done it, and I think there could be many reasons, I think April/May is naturally a stressful time for most young adults for a variety of reasons and this may be translating through to the boards.

That's the exact opposite of what I got. In fact, he blatantly stated that it was the *****ing about the runtime that he was fed up with. If he was upset about the negativity people have about each other's opinons than that would be the height of hypocrisy on his part.

Anyway, with that said, there are many things that are making me second-guess the supposed brilliance of this film, but im still hoping for an enjoyable movie, all said and done, it's just a movie, just a movie, and not an important part of my general happiness.

I'm looking forward to the movie, if I enjoy it, Ill be happy. If its not brilliant, there are many other things to be happy about and im not going to dwell on it.

I agree.

Nell the only person I see whining the most right now is you.

Settle.

In the words of Gwen Stefani...

This **** is bananas. It's a movie people. See it before you pan. I also know more than likely, some of you are just being sheep to be with the ''in" crowd.

Oh, and Vile, no as I see it, the ones whining are the ones that are sitting here going ''AWW MAN! 1O3 MINUTES! WAHHHHH!"

Nell, has whined before, but he certainly isn't right now.

JustABill said:
In the words of Gwen Stefani...

This **** is bananas. It's a movie people. See it before you pan. I also know more than likely, some of you are just being sheep to be with the ''in" crowd.

Oh, and Vile, no as I see it, the ones whining are the ones that are sitting here going ''AWW MAN! 1O3 MINUTES! WAHHHHH!"

Nell, has whined before, but he certainly isn't right now.

No I think this is the case with someone...oh my god disagreeing about something.

Sorry I don't like to get ****ed up the ass by Fox on a daily basis.

TheVileOne said:
Nell the only person I see whining the most right now is you.

Settle.

You are the LAST person who is in any place to call someone else a "whiner", and to tell them to "settle"...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philippe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"