How much do you really care about X3 being only 103 minutes?

Honestly Im not bothered by this. At least it wont be another King Kong taking an Hour & an half or so alone just getting to the point of the Movie :o

Thats just BS excuses.

There hasnt been a single good superhero movie at that length. Yes, even X1, which had big problems thanks to its length, which meant it could only focus on Wolverine and Rogue and screwed over the other characters. This movie had at least double the characters of X1, including new ones, and its about the same length? Terrible.

If the movie is great I'll be happy but I'm not very hopeful. It sounds like a rushed hack-job to meet the May 26th deadline.

Downhere said:
You need to read my post correctly...I said opening sequence and it was in the 2-3 minute range.

No it wasn't. Maybe if you are nitpicky and count the Fox logo.

Downhere said:
He said it was accurate but didn't know if it included credits or not.

& like it was said most Online Time Announcements include credits. So it is basically a sure thing that thats Credits Included. Unless it says otherwise Im going with this time is with Credits

Also, in regards to the ROTK/X3:TLS comparison.

ROTK had to cover ALOT more ground than seems necessary for X3. X3 can still seem epic without covering the same ammount of length.

Although, I can't think of any film that seemed 'epic' that wasn't around the 2 hour or longer mark.

Examples anyone?

GreatWhiteWhale said:
Also, the running time for Cairns? Pretty sure that's the film cut without credits and some other things.

no, the times at cannes always includes credits.

GreatWhiteWhale said:

ROTK had to cover ALOT more ground than seems necessary for X3. X3 can still seem epic without covering the same ammount of length.

Although, I can't think of any film that seemed 'epic' that wasn't around the 2 hour or longer mark.

Examples anyone?

The word epic itself partly means something of EXTENDED or longer length.

TheVileOne said:
No it wasn't. Maybe if you are nitpicky and count the Fox logo.

I'm not the one being nitpicky.

GreatWhiteWhale said:

Examples anyone?

gotta agree with you, no epic film was less than 2 hours

GreatWhiteWhale said:

Examples anyone?

A 1:34 or so (without credits) movie is not going to feel epic, period. There simply isnt time to build it properly, either its nonstop action and it feels rushed, or its all build with one action scene and it feels hollow like Fantastic Four did.

TheVileOne said:

I think it just means large in scope

which can obviously be intepreted in many ways, not necessarily just length.

Dnsk said:
Honestly Im not bothered by this. At least it wont be another King Kong taking an Hour & an half or so alone just getting to the point of the Movie :o

Personally, there are movies I expect to be short and there are some I expect to be long, without knowing the running time. I expected Kong to be long so that didn't really bother me. I expected this to be longer but...

TheVileOne said:

Independence Day
Armageddon
The Day After Tomorrow
Deep Impact

& many others (over the Two Hour mark)

FieryBalrog said:
A 1:34 or so (without credits) movie is not going to feel epic, period. There simply isnt time to build it properly, either its nonstop action and it feels rushed, or its all build with one action scene and it feels hollow like Fantastic Four did.

We will see my, pessimistic compadre

However, i am wary of the film's length. I can't remember any film that impressed me with it's 'epic' -ness (in regards to telling a broad and important story involving many characters) that wasn't around the 2 hour+ mark.

There have been plenty of excellent films under the two hour marks, except these have been dialogue/characterization focussed movies, rather than important political/philosophical battles involving many parties.

Dnsk said:
Independence Day
Armageddon
The Day After Tomorrow
Deep Impact

Long movies can be bad, so what?

Dnsk said:

True, but you would think with stories like the Cure and The Dark Phoenix Saga . . . including all of the other factors (new characters, rounding out older characters, etc.), that the movie could be longer without being boring (not King Kong long but longer)

This must be a very fast paced movie . . . we'll see how it balances out with all of the supposed intense action and drama.

Dnsk said:
Independence Day
Armageddon
The Day After Tomorrow
Deep Impact

Which is LONGER than X-men 3.

But what's your point? That Fox produces bad "epic" movies?

I dont understand why it would kill Fox to actually do justice to a superhero movie. Its like they go out of their way to make ****ty decisions based on soulless corporate requirements. Avi Arad said "never again" after Elektra would a movie be rushed out and cut up and voila. Its here.

Maybe if Sony or some other studio owned the X-men rights they would actually treat it as it is, a huge potential cash cow to be groomed and cared for, like Sony is doing with Spiderman 3, instead of humping it for all its worth until it dies from exhaustion.

FieryBalrog said:

yes the movie will feel "RUSH HOUR" and half

FieryBalrog said:
I dont understand why it would kill Fox to actually do justice to a superhero movie. Its like they go out of their way to make ****ty decisions based on soulless corporate requirements. Avi Arad said "never again" after Elektra would a movie be rushed out and cut up and voila. Its here.

Maybe if Sony or some other studio owned the X-men rights they would actually treat it as it is, a huge potential cash cow to be groomed and cared for, like Sony is doing with Spiderman 3, instead of humping it for all its worth until it dies from exhaustion.

I know it seems like history repeating.

But..

Would it be worth waiting and seeing the actual film do you think?

BMM said:
True, but you would think with stories like the Cure and The Dark Phoenix Saga . . . including all of the other factors (new characters, rounding out older characters, etc.), that the movie could be longer without being boring (not King Kong long but longer)

This must be a very fast paced movie . . . we'll see how it balances out with all of the supposed intense action and drama.

Exactly. Simply putting on fancy clothes, waving your arms around and yelling "I'm EPIC! Look at the explosions and tears!" does not make you an epic movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"