Apocalypse How powerful will Storm be?

strangeheart

Civilian
Reaction score
Since there is a Jean one I thought i'd make one for Storm. Will Storm finally fly regularly (not float) or will Bryan Singer still refuse to have her flying around? Will we get to see her lose control or will we get another Storm that gets sadly beaten up by Toad like in X-men 1? Will we see her knock someone out by removing the air they breathe in the same way magneto took iron out of the guards blood like in X-men 2?

I really hope we get to see a strong, powerful Storm. I want her story line to be well told as well... It's not all the way up to Bryan about how much we see of Storm. Most of that is up to the writers.

Make a cyclops one too while you're at it.

This is a good topic. Couple points to address-

Power levels- they're fighting the Apocalypse and his four horsemen. The baddest super villain marvel has to offer (not most powerful) with limitless strength durability and energy projection not including remarkable intellect and telepathy. That's without the celestial tech. There is no reason to hold back and no reason cyke jean or storm should be nerfed.

Id really love to see Storm and a horseman or two engage in aerial energy projectile combat. Twisters, lightning bolts, hail all within a snap of her finger as she twists and turns in the air currents dodging and sending blows.
Apocalypse should be able to tank everything the teams got and can only be outsmarted to victory.

3 things id absolutely hate to see:

Storms or anyone's powers causing them to be exhausted or weak after use. Its the stupidest thing and overused pis way of nerfing. She should be able to toss thunderbolts like Cyclops should easily use optic blasts.

People dodging storm's lightning bolts or cyclops optic blast. I hate it when it happens in the comics. It shouldn't be an occurence with anyone but a speedster.

Cyke storm or jean acting like anime emo crybabies "scared of their powers" please.

I completely disagree with lots of these points.
I want storm to feel out of breath or fatigued after using her powers. Her powers are connected to her emotions and it would make perfect sense in the film world if she was to be drained after having a huge fight.

Also, it is purely for the fact it is a film they have to show people dodging lightning or optic blasts because otherwise, everyone would be dead straight away. Realistically, any one of the x-men alone could have ended X2 by wiping out Striker and his men. but they cant do that in films, or comics for that matter.

It isnt a sexist thing to show characters who clearly have to use a lot more focus and mental strength to use their powers being fatigued from it. In ff Sue did get the nose bleed but it made sense because she was trying to hold in a whole supernova from destroying god knows how much of a city. It is done to male characters too.

The thing about Storm is that yes she's powerful - there's no doubt about that and they've shown she's powerful in these movies. What they need to do more with her is show her more vulnerable, mother-esque side which has been completely ignored in these movies.

It's easy to make a kicka**, powerful female character but there's no nuance there, no depth. The trope of the butt-kicking action female is played out because they're never given the option to be real human beings - they are always "strong women." That's part of the problem with an industry that's always been dominated by male writers - they have no clue how to write well-rounded female characters. They did a great job with Mystique in DOFP.

Storm needs the same treatment.

You can show someone being well-rounded without portraying them as weaklings.

Showing someone pushing their powers to the absolute limit doesn't make them a weakling.

Did Charles get a nosebleed or a massive headache after failing with Cerebro in DOFP?

What? He was definitely shown as being vulnerable and a failure during his first attempt. He couldn't handle it, immediately overloaded the system and then gave up. It took Wolverine to convince him to go back.

Did Eric faint after failing to move the dish in FC?

He didn't faint, but it was certainly illustrated as a feat that wasn't easy for him to do. I don't see how that's that far off from your example of the Invisible Woman - she did the job but it wasn't easy. How is that portraying someone as weak?

I hope we get a more active flying Storm. Floating and striking things down with her powers wouldn't necessarily be bad, but I think flying a bit more could add a bit more flair and variety to her fights. I think the human tornado thing in X3 was a rather cool feature, I'd like to see that back. The cloudburst could be kinda cool too.

But yeah, as many have said I want to see Storm with a bit more depth this go around. I think the 80s would be a perfect time to bring in punk Storm who is sort of the rebel of the trio between her, Jean and Scott and sort of mature throughout the story and choose to side with the X-Men and whatnot, falling in with her beliefs from X1. Give her and Gambit sort of the Wolverine/Rogue of the film minus Storm being afraid to use her powers and whatnot.

The thing about Storm is that yes she's powerful - there's no doubt about that and they've shown she's powerful in these movies. What they need to do more with her is show her more vulnerable, mother-esque side which has been completely ignored in these movies.

It's easy to make a kicka**, powerful female character but there's no nuance there, no depth. The trope of the butt-kicking action female is played out because they're never given the option to be real human beings - they are always "strong women." That's part of the problem with an industry that's always been dominated by male writers - they have no clue how to write well-rounded female characters. They did a great job with Mystique in DOFP.

Storm needs the same treatment.

:applaud :applaud :applaud

I doubt her power level will be any higher than in the previous series. Unlike Jean whose power level changes greatly throughout the series, Storm is pretty much the same in all of them. She's been in three films now directed by Bryan Singer (who I still expect to do the next one, unless Fox says otherwise). There is no reason to expect him to use her any differently than he has before.

Also, she's going to be a lot younger. I think that her powers shouldn't necessarily be "weaker" so much as less refined/in control.

Please provide one example of a male superhero fainting or getting a nosebleed while using their power. Kthx.

The only one I can think of is Superman Returns and that was actually an incredible display of power and determination to pull off with Kryptonite stuck in him.

Does John Travolta in PHENOMENON count?

I just hope they portray her as a fierce and ferocious weather goddess!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"