How to make Hawkman?

my point is that i don't think mike newall isn't "not-so-good", you keep saying john carpenter, and he's made such crap as ghosts of mars and village of the damned. I'm just saying, just because he's has a bad movie (that wasn't even that bad) doesn't mean he's destined to make nothing but bad movies. and what i meant when i said that "prince of persia wasn't a masterpiece, but neither will hawkman, no matter who makes it." i meant that film doesn't necessitate somebody with the track record of say chris nolan, just somebody that can deliver a fun actioneer, which i beleive mike newall can. john carpenter will also make an intersting and potentially awesome choice, i'm not contesting that, just your statements regarding newall.

But what if Hawkman needs to be more than a fun actioneer?

Prince of Persia is somewhat simillar genre to Hawkman. Why should Newell get another chance when his first attempt didn't turn out good enough? Yes, I know he can make good films, but he can't succeed in every genre. He failed at "ancient adventure" themes

I can see that Jerry O'Connell plays the role, in any case.

Last edited:
i don't think it can, I'm not saying it will suck, it could be a really cool movie with interesting plot points and whatnot, but i don't expect to get a dark knight level of depth from a movie about a dude dressed like something out of flash gordon. and jerry o'connel? seriously? i mean, i'm all for out of the box thinking im generally willing to give comedic actors a chance at acting, but he's not even good in his comedies. and just because he's tall? there are plenty of tall actors with talent, o'connel's scraping the bottom of the barrel, don't ya think? fyi, i'm not trying to instigate anything, sorry if i'm coming off that way, maybe you've seen the guy in something i haven't where he was good. Idk, i just think we could get somebody gruffer. i liked o'connel in pirhana 3d, but that's just because i liked the flick.

Last edited:
I guess it's a bit of typecasting now, but I like the idea of Jason Momoa as Hawkman. He looks like he could be an Egyptian prince. He also REALLY resembles the Katar Hol version as well.

Hawkman...as a live-action movie...really?

Maybe as part of an ensemble, or if you take a Thor-like approach and play up the whole Thanagar thing, but keep it more in a big stylized fantasy world. Like a mythological being in a mystical battle, and so on. Snyder might be a good director for that....or Del Toro. But if it's going to be another story about an Earthling guy who somehow finds a 'calling' to don the wings/costume/etc. and become a hero...no thanks...not with this.

But if it's going to be another story about an Earthling guy who somehow finds a 'calling' to don the wings/costume/etc. and become a hero...no thanks...not with this.
How many superhero films like that have there been? Only Green Lantern as far as I know. The others didn't find a calling, they created their own thing from scratch.

How many superhero films like that have there been? Only Green Lantern as far as I know. The others didn't find a calling, they created their own thing from scratch.

Iron Man, Batman, Superman, Spiderman...any superhero origin that mostly takes place on a contemporary Earth. Whether they 'find' or 'create' it, it's the same formula. I think audiences are starting to tire of it...and then you add in dressing like a bird? I think it's better used in something like Flash Gordon, where there's a race of winged warriors in a fantastical setting.

You might be right, but DC and WB are supposedly working on a script for this. It might never get off the ground (especially with the backlash GL has received) but they did make that big announcement that they were going to be bringing more of their characters to the big screen. I agree that introducing him in a Justice League movie first might be the best route to go, but you never know what could happen.

I don't know if you could really sell the GA on The idea of a hawkman movie.people might even confuse him with bird man.but hey what ever.if were gonna throw out names for actors.im saying Daniel craig

I think this will go into the backburner for a while. WB is probably looking for a less goofier or more mainstream DC properties. It's either Flash/Wonder Woman or tech based heroes like Mr Terrific (oh, they're just gonna call the movie Holt)

If Warner bros have learned a lesson or two from Green Lantern, then they could do an adaption of Hawkman that appeals to the audience and also is telling a good story.

If Warner bros have learned a lesson or two from Green Lantern, then they could do an adaption of Hawkman that appeals to the audience and also is telling a good story.

Either that, or adapting as many comic characters as possible to movies isn't quite the key to big-time movie revenue that they thought is was for the post-Potter era.

Maybe they will just stick with Superman and Batman...it's not like they went out and made a flood of other novel-based multi-installment movies like Potter. More concentration on fewer titles may end up being the way to go for them.

Either that, or adapting as many comic characters as possible to movies isn't quite the key to big-time movie revenue that they thought is was for the post-Potter era.

Maybe they will just stick with Superman and Batman...it's not like they went out and made a flood of other novel-based multi-installment movies like Potter. More concentration on fewer titles may end up being the way to go for them.

I don't know... we've had almost no superheroes from DC except Superman and Batman for over three decades. I think people will eventually get tired of them, if they haven't already. Are other superheroes the way to go? I don't know... GL didn't resonate with the masses for various reasons... but I think the Flash has a good chance. I'm still surprised that they didn't pursue a Flash movie first.

As for Hawkman, I'm not sure... I think people would like it but I don't know that the character is popular or recognizable enough. But I'd certainly go see it, unless it looks Steel or Catwoman bad.

An earth based Hawkman film will fail like Green Lantern. Rann Thanangar War is the way to go.

Why would that be?
People are bored with the run of the mill origin stories and waiting around nearly and hour to see Joe average put on a goofy costume and figure out how to be a hero. If there is a more interesting aspect to a character that can be told that's the route they should go and not with an Indiana Jones knock-off. I just can't see it working. A space epic with Adam Strange and a war would be alot more appealing. Not everyone has an origina as cool as Batman's.

I don't see how the Ancient Egypt/Reincarnation angle is run-of-the-mill.

That's the great thing about Hawkman. He doesn't need to learn how to be a hero. It could be that he's just learning that he's the reincarnation of an Egyptian Prince. Add it the part of trying to reunite with his wife and the movie will appeal to everyone.

An earth based Hawkman film will fail like Green Lantern. Rann Thanangar War is the way to go.

Green Lantern failed because of a so-so script, it didn't focus more on the Lantern Corps, & it didn't have enough action, & the main culprit in my opinion, Sinestro wasn't the main villian he should've been not because it was Earth based.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"