The Force Awakens How would you rate TFA?

It's a good story, but it's just not believable. That's why I give Star Wars: The Force Awakens 1.5 stars.

It was a perfect mix of all three of the OT. It had the adventure and heart of A New Hope, the darkness and emotional impact of Empire (and it's as well made), and the light and dark battle of Jedi.

I really hope they now show the grey area of the force. It's a brilliant twist that Kylo fears falling to the light. Before the prequels I and a few others over the years have said that Luke's green sabre represented his acceptance of light and dark and had found 'the balance'. I mean, first time we see him properly in Jedi he's dressed in black and force choking Jabba's guard.

I'm fangasming so much because this film has revived the franchise in a big way. And it was beautiful.

9/10

I think it was a great movie & epic on the big screen. I like the characters a lot. I'm not good at reviewing so I'll stop.
My score: 9/10.

8-9/10. Slightly unpolished at times, not everything works as intended, some pacing problems. But a great ride regardless. It has feels, laughs, action, beauty and Star Wars magic, of course.

10/10. Everything that I wanted and beyond. Star Wars is back!

Solid 8. They left a little TOO much unexplained for the next films. Some things really did need fleshed out more in this film.

I voted 8 after the first viewing. It got better on the second. Definitely a 9. Some of the plot issues with the movie that I had are actually addressed in throwaway lines, or as parts of larger dialog I missed the first go around.

I can say I enjoyed the film a lot. However I think I need to see it a couple more times to gauge it fully. That said, me even WANTING to see it multiple times should say something about my reaction to it. ;)

9.5 rounds up to a 10. To me its the second best, behind Empire and just above New Hope. I know some are complaining that it feels like a rehash of New Hope but I felt like it was the perfect balance. Some homages to please the fans, show us we are in this universe we love so much and have been deprived off for 30 years, and still change things up and bring new, diverse and wholly captivating characters into the mix. I think there were several parts they did BETTER than New Hope.

I know another point of criticism seemed to be the fact that Han's death was anticlimatic. Personally I was extremely emotionally invested in that moment and it hit me hard. Just like Obi Wan's death in A New Hope may not have seemed too consequential when it happened in New Hope, when the trilogy ends everyone can fully appreciate the emotional tones of that scene. I am sure that with more development of Ren's character and his fallout with Leia/Han in future movies, we will look back at Han's death scene as another in SW's gallery of legendary cinematic moments.

Last edited:
8.5/10 for me, some predictability and other small things preventing it from being at least a 9 for me. However, I haven't had that much fun in a movie since The Avengers (2012). Stoked that Star Wars is back and people are giving it the praise it deserves.

I gave it an 8 out of 10. It was entertaining. My only problem was that I needed a bit more explanation about where The First Order came from and who the new big bad is. How could he be a new Sith if Anakin brought "balance to the force" when he killed the Emperor?

There is no 0 option so I guess I can't vote.

tumblr_nty8seO8OL1sl2jkoo7_r1_250.gif

You miss this too huh?

give the movie a 4 or 5 at least. Not a zero. That's just obnoxious.

Last edited:
9/10 had a big stupid grin on my face the whole way through, the movie was almost perfect to me, it was that good. I think my rating will rise after I see it again.

I was hesitating between 8.5 and 9, but decided to give it a 9. It's a very good Star Wars movie, and even if it has its flaws, it also did a lot of things right. And the good thing is that it was weak in less important areas (mostly background info and not enough explanation of what has happened in those 30 years, or things that don't make sense, like how quickly Rey became THAT proficient with the Force, but that can be explained in the next film) and great in the really critical ones (the main characters, Kylo Ren, Han's role, great visuals with practical effects etc.).

Eh...I give this a 7/10. When finished I was like 'Yep, that was another Star Wars movie alright'. :shrug: Yippee, I guess. I dunno, I really don't give a f***. Bring on The Hateful Eight!

Edit: Damn! TH8 was no better than this movie. Oh well, bring on The Big Short!

Last edited:
8 - Equal to slightly better than Return of the Jedi.

Return of the Jedi does some things better, but I think the pacing in TFA was better as well as Han's role. Han Solo didn't really have a lot to do in Jedi.

Jedi is saved by Palpatine, the final space battle and Jabba's palace. The Endor stuff is tedious.

And look that's coming from someone who rates Jedi as their favourite childhood movie next to Willow and Labyrinth. But if I take off the rose tinted glasses and put Force Awakens next to Jedi, Force Awakens comes out ahead.

I gave it an 8, brought back the feels for star wars and now im wanting more. It had flaws but it wont bother me this movie is a great start to the franchise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"