The Dark Knight Hugo Weaving Discussion

raybia said:
This would be interesting, especially since him and Bale played in Empire of the Sun together. They had really good chemistry.
Malkovich would be fantastic.

Ed Norton, Hugo Weaving, Johnny Depp. I'll be happy with any of them.

Hugo Weaving would make a great Riddler.

Mr. Socko said:
Ed Norton, Hugo Weaving, Johnny Depp. I'll be happy with any of them.
Depp....ehhhhh....nah. Well, actually, yeah, I could see that.

Malkovich is an awesome actor, but don't you guys think he's been typecasted as a villain actor too much? :p

Malkovich is my top choice for Dr. Hugo Strange, they probably won't use the character, but they should, he was one of Batman first villians, and i just think that seeing him on screen would be amazing.

and Depp as the Riddler, i could see happening, and working very well. But However Norton and Goldblum are my top choices for that role.
and Depp is still my number one choice for The Joker. alot of people don't like the idea, saying that he is too big a name blah blah blah.
who cares, i think he is one of the only actors out there today that truely becomes every character he plays. He doesn't look like the classic comic book Joker, but niether does Bettay.

bdsproductions said:
just think of his voice sayig "riddle me this,riddle me that"in most movies,not V but in most his voice is really bloody cool.
yea...im hearing him say the line and im thinkin "no".

ReTrO JuNkIe 42 said:
How bout David Hyde Pierce, he reminds me of the riddler from TAS

Excellent idea, he's been mentioned numerous times for the role actually.

My Current Top 5:

1) Jeff Goldblum
jeff_goldblum.jpg

2) David Hyde Pierce
DavidHydePierce1906.jpg

3) Eric Stoltz
102_a_normal.jpg

4) Edward Norton
67-5.jpg

5) John Malkovich
22-5.jpg

ANTHONYNASTI said:
Excellent idea, he's been mentioned numerous times for the role actually.

2) David Hyde Pierce
DavidHydePierce1906.jpg

David Hyde Pierce...Hell Yes!!! He is da man!!! :up:

elorenishii386 said:
David Hyde Pierce...Hell Yes!!! He is da man!!! :up:

Ya I like him as a candidate for The Riddler too..I do not understand why my bro wants Hugo Weaving to be The Riddler instead.

Because Hugo Weaving as V was...flawless. That may or may not make him a good Riddler but it is why he is considered.

I think the fact that Hugo Weaving is already tied into 4 comic book type Sci-fi movies might disuade him, and WB from making him the riddle

i was on the other hand imagining him uttering...riddle me this, riddle me that, answer me this, the big bad bat...

that could be cool, i agree, i like it, i doubt it will happen though

As much as I love the Riddler, he better not be in Batman 2 or 3.

Warhammer said:
Hugo Weaving would make a great Riddler.

This is an absolute goldmine idea! I agree. Sure, he's had a couple of roles that will identify him for his whole career, but he hasn't reached Depp, Cruise, Robin Williams type of status (which is a good thing). He can still be a great character actor w/o people still thinking of his other roles. Plus, I think he has an edge to his acting style that I LOVE. He's very underappreciated and he would fit riddler well.

...you know what (now that my minds running circles), I'm not saying this would ever happen, (and i know we don't NEED another movie w/this villain) but I would bet hard $ Hugo would play a dynamite Freeze!!

Think about it, he's already got the bellowing deep voice, and we know he can play great stoic figures (mr. smith). plus, we also know he can act well with glasses on, which is a difficult task all its own.

trustyside-kick said:
Ya I like him as a candidate for The Riddler too..I do not understand why my bro wants Hugo Weaving to be The Riddler instead.

Hyde Pierce is an interesting choice for Riddler! Sure, he was funny on Frasier but we honestly wouldn't have to worry about him hamming it up for this role (thanks jim carrey). I think he play the 'serious psycho' genius well. Good idea.

I could definitely see Weaving as The Riddler... IF he ever were used in the new Bat-franchise. Just like we´re about to see the first truly tragic Two-Face on the big screen, to finally see a cold and intellectual Riddler instead of the clownesque Frank Gorshin thing would be great.

Prognosticator said:
Hyde Pierce is an interesting choice for Riddler! Sure, he was funny on Frasier but we honestly wouldn't have to worry about him hamming it up for this role (thanks jim carrey). I think he play the 'serious psycho' genius well. Good idea.

Hyde Pierce is a great choice. He looks like him and also he gives off the impression of intellegence.

Author: Jett
Monday, April 24, 2006 - 5:50 AM CENTRAL TIME: Hey y'all, Jett here. It seems that there is some buzz again about Hugo Weaving (THE MATRIX, V FOR VENDETTA) possibly getting some run as The Joker. Weaving's name has been mentioned previously for the role, then those rumors quickly subsided. Now they have returned over this past week and weekend. More on this and a few other things later.
http://www.batman-on-film.com/batmovienews.html

i hope that Weaving isn't connected with BB sequel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"