2. The Queen
3. Babel
4. Dreamgirls
5. Children of Men

The Best Foreign Movie
Pan's Labyrinth

The Departed
Dreamgirls
The Queen are the films that I think will certainly get best picture nominations . After these I think it is a toss up of contenders . I think either Pan's Labyrinth or Letters from Iwo Jima could get a spot the other will win foreign language film . The final slot I am picking a film that will be unlikely to many but was one of the best reviewed and highest grossers of the year Borat . It's time for comedy to get it's due they rewarded fantasy with LOTR: RotK .

The Departed
Dreamgirls
The Queen are the films that I think will certainly get best picture nominations . After these I think it is a toss up of contenders . I think either Pan's Labyrinth or Letters from Iwo Jima could get a spot the other will win foreign language film . The final slot I am picking a film that will be unlikely to many but was one of the best reviewed and highest grossers of the year Borat . It's time for comedy to get it's due they rewarded fantasy with LOTR: RotK .

*cough*A fish called wanda*cough*

I think I'll let this run for a week or so and then narrow it down to 5 nominees and then we can vote again.

The Departed
Dreamgirls

but you forget for a film to be a comedy it has to be funny:dry:

Out of that list there, the Departed, was better then I thought it would be just a great film , worth seeing again.

Talking about the movies that i have seen and the movies that are in the list:

The queen is the best movie for me. The departed, Babel, and last king of Scottland are very good movies and well deserverd to be nominated.

Departed
Children of Men
Pan's Labyrinth
DreamGirls
Little Miss Sunshine

The Departed
Little Miss Sunshine
Letters from Iwo Jima
Dreamgirls
Babel

Departed is one of the finest cop movies I have ever seen, in saying that Children of Men is still one of the best movies not just of the year, but right up there with the all timers, obviously in my opinion, but it is my opinion that if more movies where like Children of Men the world would be a better place, just on the notion that more people would be watching such art that it would have to expand the norms

Babel got more chance to win Best Movie award now after Golden Globe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"