"I am DOOM! What MODS Dare Stand Against Me! - Part 2

It's not that much crazier than Catwoman seeing the murder and Poison Ivy's dad getting framed for the murder...

I think if you say that it's obvious Doom would return and conquer Latveria even though you've seen the film then you are either delusional or trolling. Aside from the big problem of being dead at the end, the film establishes Victor as a vague anti-establishment malcontent with no political aspiration and a vague disdain for humanity. When we meet him again his vague hatred for humanity has intensified to the point he wishes to destroy the Earth and return to wallow in the N-zone. It would run counter to what little development Doom got in this movie and make no sense. So it's not obvious Doom would rule Latveria, it's ludicrous.

I think if you say that it's obvious Doom would return and conquer Latveria even though you've seen the film then you are either delusional or trolling. Aside from the big problem of being dead at the end, the film establishes Victor as a vague anti-establishment malcontent with no political aspiration and a vague disdain for humanity. When we meet him again his vague hatred for humanity has intensified to the point he wishes to destroy the Earth and return to wallow in the N-zone. It would run counter to what little development Doom got in this movie and make no sense. So it's not obvious Doom would rule Latveria, it's ludicrous.

Very true.

I have a Batman origin story I know Fox will love. Batman and his parents are walking in the same alley as the Joker and his parents. The moms and dads get killed by these evil punks. This drives Batman to grow up to become a superhero, but it also drives the Joker crazy and he becomes a supervillain! But that's not all. You see, the punks weren't human, they were these genetically altered beings call manbats and they bit Bruce so he becomes a living manbat who is on the hunt for justice!!!

And they'll cast the Joker as some 6'7" massive dude weighing 300 lbs. who'll be emotionally abused by his younger sister. She'll tease him incessantly, and put lipstick and clown make-up on him while he's asleep. When he retaliates, their parents punish him, and the sister screams "THE JOKES ON YOU!"

After all the uproar about the naming of Doom in this movie, Fox did an even greater disservice to the character by changing his name from Domashev.

Oh... and the costuming was far from original. It took me some time to recall, but here's where I remember it from: 1959's The First Man Into Space

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0052805/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Test pilot takes jet into upper atmosphere and has an accident in space that fuses his suit turning him into a monster.

Here's the monster:

tumblr_lkf3ufnVIW1qe90ht.jpg

Given that Trank's such a film buff (he's said he's always watched as many movies as possible), it really wouldn't surprise me if that was the influence.

Shame he tried adapting so many sci-fi/horror films instead of, you know, The Fantastic Four.

Given that Trank's such a film buff (he's said he's always watched as many movies as possible), it really wouldn't surprise me if that was the influence.

Shame he tried adapting so many sci-fi/horror films instead of, you know, The Fantastic Four.

I still can't understand why Trank didn't have Kebbell's character transform into Annihilus. Doom's the bigger name, but the fused space-suit version was always going to turn off more fans than it attracted.
Kebbell transforming into an alien insect ala "The Fly" would seem to be the obvious choice given Trank's oft stated love of Cronenbergian body horror.

Nobody at Fox seems to know who Annihilus is. Even in the original script they had Galactus as the ruler of the Negative Zone instead of Annihilus.

Nobody at Fox seems to know who Annihilus is. Even in the original script they had Galactus as the ruler of the Negative Zone instead of Annihilus.

I know some people felt that the original Slater draft would have been improvement, but I was done after the description of Galactus chasing - and failing to catch - Ben, Victor and Reed.

Trank was a young director of one film that he was having thousands of people tell him was the work of a genius....why should he care what anyone but him thought of the project? He was the second coming of Christ in Hollywood.

It's good if the mainstream media talks about it. The general audience really should know that the crap versions on film aren't very representative of one of the most iconic villains in American comics.

Just read that Mads Mikkelsen is up for a mystery villain in DR. STRANGE. Well that makes me think it will probably be Dormammuu...its a shame he was BORN to be DOOM....

Seriously, just watch any episode of Hannibal and tell me his performance doesn't scream DOOM.....

Meh, it would've been pointless to wait however long for him to play Doctor Doom.

Also, Doctor Strange already has a villain for the first movie. It's Ejiofor.

Dormammu will certainly have a presence, though

Yeah. You can't really have Mordo without Dormammu as his divine patron.

Just read that Mads Mikkelsen is up for a mystery villain in DR. STRANGE. Well that makes me think it will probably be Dormammuu...its a shame he was BORN to be DOOM....

Seriously, just watch any episode of Hannibal and tell me his performance doesn't scream DOOM.....

Oh man, he would be perfect as Doom. Now I'm bummed. :csad:

Maybe it IS Doom for a cameo or stinger. Hey, I can dream. :yay:

"In all the worlds and universes, I never thought it would be you. Hello, Stephen. It has been such a long time."
:bow:

If they were recasting Thanos, then he could've been the Mads Titan. :o

Maybe it IS Doom for a cameo or stinger. Hey, I can dream. :yay:

:bow:

Then it is a dream we will share together....Mads = DOOM...PERIOD!!!!

Well not to get your hopes up because the odds are probably 1000 to 1, but it is at least within the realm of possibility that Fox and Marvel have worked out a deal that just hasn't been publicly announced yet and Marvel has the Doom rights and will give him a spot in Dr. Strange.

Well not to get your hopes up because the odds are probably 1000 to 1, but it is at least within the realm of possibility that Fox and Marvel have worked out a deal that just hasn't been publicly announced yet and Marvel has the Doom rights and will give him a spot in Dr. Strange.

I haven't given voice to it but it was on my mind the instant I saw they were chasing Mikkelson.

If that were to be the case, I'd squee. But I agree, that one is 1000:1.

This casting sounds like Dormammu. And will probably be a recurring villain for a number of films.

If and when they ever get Doom Im sure they will knock it out the park with his casting. Im sure MCU Doom is already lurking unlike that internet FOX blogger Doom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"