The Amazing Spider-Man I am the only one thats feeling this movie is getting worse with time?

2 questions 1. can i post scenes from the movie ?,now that the movie is out of theaters i want to share the final swing, just asking
2. Anyone else love the sound of the webshooters ?

No, you can not post any scenes from a movie that has not yet been released to video unless those scenes were used by the studio in the promotion of that movie.

Watchmen is a joke.

It's almost a parody of the graphic novel.

The self-aware tone and acting, the forced music choices, the cheesy action scenes, pointless story changes (no island), hit and miss casting choices, lack of gritty realism from the graphic novel, etc.

Zack Snyder's heart was in the right place but the execution was terribly lacking.

on real problem was the fact it was so obvious metropolis was the villain. He just seemed so creepy and pale, and the way he read the lines, too obvious. But other than that it was a great movie, i hadn't read the book at the time i saw it though, probably why i'm okay with it, however i will agree the novel is much better.

oh comeon i was joking. but if you must drag me into this...

"Playing with Fire" (verb) heremeaning: borderline insulting a SHH admin. Calling him unprofessional for stating his views on a given topic. See also, "putting your foot in your mouth."

yeah i was being a smartass, i totally knew what you meant, and I'll just say by saying that, you're not wrong lol.

No, you can not post any scenes from a movie that has not yet been released to video unless those scenes were used by the studio in the promotion of that movie.

thanks! did you like the movie?

Or like how Peter wears a Ramones shirt? Because in 10 years that ain't going to be dated.

Tony Stark wearing Black Sabath shirt is going to be dated too?

Watchmen is a joke.

It's almost a parody of the graphic novel.

The self-aware tone and acting, the forced music choices, the cheesy action scenes, pointless story changes (no island), hit and miss casting choices, lack of gritty realism from the graphic novel, etc.

Zack Snyder's heart was in the right place but the execution was terribly lacking.

Cool.

Watchmen is phenomenal :up:

You didn't get my point. Kids today don't even know who the fug Macy Gray is so how can it be dated to them? It's all relative. She didn't say anything topical or reference anything from the early 2000s so how could it be dated? All she did was appear and sing a song nobody knows anymore. Macy Gray on screen for 20 seconds makes a 2 hour movie bad?

But Peter and Tony wear outdated band shirts and that's ok? A band from the 80s and 90s is more retro than Macy so that makes it acceptable?

Just say you don't like the movie and quit tap dancing with lame excuses. I don't like Macy Gray in SM1 either...because I'm 27 and remember Macy Gray. I don't however pretend that it dates the entire movie and decreases it's quality.

Are people really slamming Spider-Man for using Macy Gray? She was on the top of her game during '02. It's a crime to use a Grammy Award winning singer during her prime?

In what way? It's not like Batman where they have prince songs in them.

no but it has Macey Gray. Which is far worse.

Or like how Peter wears a Ramones shirt? Because in 10 years that ain't going to be dated.

Tony Stark wearing Black Sabath shirt is going to be dated too?

gonna step in and defend Mike for a split second as he was not the one to bring up out dated music in film.

:wow: pretty unprofessional Mr. Lee...

In what way? I dare say that with my 55 years of fanboy life I have seen more comic book related movies and TV shows, read more books from and about the subject, and met more celebs from the genre than anyone else in here. The fact that health issues, both personal and family kept me from seeing one movie this summer doesn't mean much in the long run (especially when it will be on DVD in a few months....when I was a kid, if you missed a movie at the theater, you had to wait years to have a chance to watch it again....when some TV station decided to run it, maybe, at 2 am, with commercials, and edited.....)

You didn't get my point. Kids today don't even know who the fug Macy Gray is so how can it be dated to them? It's all relative. She didn't say anything topical or reference anything from the early 2000s so how could it be dated? All she did was appear and sing a song nobody knows anymore. Macy Gray on screen for 20 seconds makes a 2 hour movie bad?

But Peter and Tony wear outdated band shirts and that's ok? A band from the 80s and 90s is more retro than Macy so that makes it acceptable?

Just say you don't like the movie and quit tap dancing with lame excuses. I don't like Macy Gray in SM1 either...because I'm 27 and remember Macy Gray. I don't however pretend that it dates the entire movie and decreases it's quality.

I'm not one to say that SM1 is 'bad' because of Macy Gray and I wouldn't ever make that argument.

Then again I wouldn't be making comparisons between Black Sabbath and The Ramones to Macy Gray either. First of all, the two former bands appeared on T-shirts on characters in a movie and NOT the bands themselves. Second, BS is one of the pioneers in heavy metal and the Ramones are a pioneer in rock and punk music. They are quite different from a near flash in the pan like Macy Gray. BS and the Ramones are not outdated...sorry if you think that. They are classic bands and imo, timeless.

I don't see how that's the same, Ramones didn't perform in this film. And Ramones is already dated, Peter likes retro things. He even has that Rear Window poster in his bedroom

In what way? I dare say that with my 55 years of fanboy life I have seen more comic book related movies and TV shows, read more books from and about the subject, and met more celebs from the genre than anyone else in here. The fact that health issues, both personal and family kept me from seeing one movie this summer doesn't mean much in the long run (especially when it will be on DVD in a few months....when I was a kid, if you missed a movie at the theater, you had to wait years to have a chance to watch it again....when some TV station decided to run it, maybe, at 2 am, with commercials, and edited.....)

ehhh. i was jus kidding! i need to lay the sarcasm on a little thicker next time.

You see whatever movies you wanna see.

I don't see how that's the same, Ramones didn't perform in this film. And Ramones is already dated, Peter likes retro things. He even has that Rear Window poster in his bedroom

Peter is now retro cool?

It is apples and oranges but they are both fruit. Macy Gray is dated...so are the Ramones. Whether one is better than the other is a matter of personal taste and that doesn't matter at all. It doesn't matter if Peter wears a Ramones shirt or Macy Gray is singing at a concert. I would rather have neither but all this whining about Macy Gray but no mention of the Ramones shirt is hypocritical BS. If I said this movie was dated because Peter wears a Ramones shirt, who were still big in the 90s...merely 10 years before Macy Gray...would be a stooooopid argument.

That's the end of this debate.

maybe he wore that shirt because of an easter egg for Spiderman theme by the Ramones

Peter is now retro cool?

It is apples and oranges but they are both fruit. Macy Gray is dated...so are the Ramones. Whether one is better than the other is a matter of personal taste and that doesn't matter at all. It doesn't matter if Peter wears a Ramones shirt or Macy Gray is singing at a concert. I would rather have neither but all this whining about Macy Gray but no mention of the Ramones shirt is hypocritical BS. If I said this movie was dated because Peter wears a Ramones shirt, who were still big in the 90s...merely 10 years before Macy Gray...would be a stooooopid argument.

That's the end of this debate.

Ramones big in the 90's...? Not a big music guy are you? Anyone who listens to the Ramones in 2012 is doing so because their music is classic. Same with Black Sabbath.

Anyone listening to Macy Gray in 2002 was doing so because she was on the radio.

I know you really would've preferred to get the final word in. :/

maybe he wore that shirt because of an easter egg for Spiderman theme by the Ramones

never even thought of that. thats awesome.

Yeah, that too.

Did anyone catch the Rear Window easter egg? In RW, Jimmy Stewart's character uses a camera flash to stall the killer so he can get the upper hand. We see the same technique used by Peter, although indirectly, during the sewer fight/scene with the Lizard.

seriuosly noone figure that out?

Ramones big in the 90's...? Not a big music guy are you? Anyone who listens to the Ramones in 2012 is doing so because their music is classic. Same with Black Sabbath.

Anyone listening to Macy Gray in 2002 was doing so because she was on the radio.

I know you really would've preferred to get the final word in. :/

No one gives a flying dump about your music tastes. It has nothing to do with anything in here. I am sure some people love Macy Gray...who gives a crap. So...stop the pissing contest.

Macy Gray's music is 10 years old now. Is she retro now? In 10 years will SM1 be cool again!? I can't wait!!!

The Ramones weren't really ever technically big soooo. They toured until the late 90s. They had albums in the 90s. Whether they were good or sucked is irrelevant. Whether they started punk has nothing to do with anything. WHO CARES?

How old are you? I bet you are early 20-something. My reply to that will be the last word.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"