The Amazing Spider-Man I am the only one thats feeling this movie is getting worse with time?

Lol that macey gray comment was me joking.Lmao you guys are too stiff. Relax

Just say you don't like the movie and quit tap dancing with lame excuses.

Wait a sec...

I told you almost the exact same thing when you said the costume design looks bad because a toy of him looks bad. I said something like "Just say you think the suit design sucks plain and simple instead of ridiculous statements like this".

You answered with "Don't tell me what to do! Get down your high horse!"

Hrrm.....wait for it...

Don't tell him what to do! Get down your high horse!

Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

No one gives a flying dump about your music tastes. It has nothing to do with anything in here. I am sure some people love Macy Gray...who gives a crap. So...stop the pissing contest.

Macy Gray's music is 10 years old now. Is she retro now? In 10 years will SM1 be cool again!? I can't wait!!!

The Ramones weren't really ever technically big soooo. They toured until the late 90s. They had albums in the 90s. Whether they were good or sucked is irrelevant. Whether they started punk has nothing to do with anything. WHO CARES?

How old are you? I bet you are early 20-something. My reply to that will be the last word.

wow youre hostile. I love it! It's not really about my taste. I was making a point about contemporary music vs. classic music.

So originally you said they were (still) big in the 90s. Now they weren't ever big? Anyway, it has already been stated their relevance to Spider-Man is far more pertinent than Macy Gray. She never sang the theme song. That should end the argument. But if you still want the last word I invite you to try.

why do you want to know my age? :fhm:

Peter is now retro cool?

It is apples and oranges but they are both fruit. Macy Gray is dated...so are the Ramones. Whether one is better than the other is a matter of personal taste and that doesn't matter at all. It doesn't matter if Peter wears a Ramones shirt or Macy Gray is singing at a concert. I would rather have neither but all this whining about Macy Gray but no mention of the Ramones shirt is hypocritical BS. If I said this movie was dated because Peter wears a Ramones shirt, who were still big in the 90s...merely 10 years before Macy Gray...would be a stooooopid argument.

That's the end of this debate.

In Spider-man 1 Macy Gray does a live gig in her prime in a big festival in middle of times square which is NOT timeless, but Peter wears a ramones t-shirt which is timeless, he's into retro stuff and found a store that sold Ramones shirts. It's not the same thing

Honestly, I don't care that Macy Gray is in Spider-Man 1, I still enjoy watching the movie. But, it does date it a little, and it's absurd to say that a band t-shirt would date TASM the same way. The difference, while you can pretty easily find retro band t-shirts from the right stores, Macy Gray wouldn't gig like that nowadays, if at all

Last edited:
Is this what it's come to?Using Macy Gray to try to make the point that ASM is better?:doh:

Are people really comparing a flavor of the week artist appearing in a movie to a t-shirt of a band that has been around for over 30 years?

I hear Webb reeeeealy wanted Lou Bega to sing Mombo #5 in ASM.:o

Is this what it's come to?Using Macy Gray to try to make the point that ASM is better?:doh:

Did I say that? I said in my post that I'm totally fine with Macy Gray being there and it doesn't affect my enjoyment, but it still dates Spider-man 1 a little. Yeah, I do prefer TASM, but it has nothing to do with Macy Gray

Wow soon we've really discussed everything!

One thing I found extremely weird/convenient in the car thief scene: he's main motive (at first) to become Spider-Man is searching Uncle Ben's killer, and it takes some serious time in the car thief scene for him to realize that he looks like the killer. He's the exact look he's looking for, and it has been his main motive for a while, how doesn't he instantly realize the similar looks?

One thing I found extremely weird/convenient in the car thief scene: he's main motive (at first) to become Spider-Man is searching Uncle Ben's killer, and it takes some serious time in the car thief scene for him to realize that he looks like the killer. He's the exact look he's looking for, and it has been his main motive for a while, how doesn't he instantly realize the similar looks?

What? He knew right away, that's why he pursued him in the first place.

he is on the prowl for caucasian towheads. listening to scanners and that nonsense. i think he knew the car thief looked like that before he even got in the back seat. Then he just had to check for the tattoo.

What? He knew right away, that's why he pursued him in the first place.

No he didn't

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGDMQ-UBSH4

1:38 he notices that he maybe looks similar to the killer, he looks at him for a moment, does a slight nod which means that he thinks something like "yeah, he fits the description"

then his behaviour changes completely, and checks the tattoo. He says "this was about to get a lot more serious", he wouldn't have said that if he had noticed the similarity right away

In Spider-man 1 Macy Gray does a live gig in her prime in a big festival in middle of times square which is NOT timeless, but Peter wears a ramones t-shirt which is timeless, he's into retro stuff and found a store that sold Ramones shirts. It's not the same thing

Honestly, I don't care that Macy Gray is in Spider-Man 1, I still enjoy watching the movie. But, it does date it a little, and it's absurd to say that a band t-shirt would date TASM the same way. The difference, while you can pretty easily find retro band t-shirts from the right stores, Macy Gray wouldn't gig like that nowadays, if at all

I agree. Featuring a song/live performance in a present day movie using a musical act that is popular at the time of the movie does indeed 'date' the movie especially if said musical act is a 'one hit wonder' or a 'flash in the pan.' Whether or not you like the music is irrelevant.

Using a song from a musical act that is considered to be classic in nature in a present day movie does not 'date' the film. Again personal preference is not relevant. Certain bands/songs are considered classic in much the same way certain cars are considered classic.

Here in ASM we see the Ramones T-shirt and it's clearly a reference to the theme song that they recorded much in the same way a Black Sabbath shirt is used in Iron Man as a reference to the song, well, Iron Man.

I don't agree with someone that says a particular song/live performance in a movie would actually ruin the movie. I mean, sure, someone could make that argument but imo they'd be hard pressed to make it stick. I do however think that someone could argue it ruined the scene. There's been several times while watching a movie I felt the scene was either ruined or cheapened due to a poor musical selection.

Last edited:
No he didn't

1:38 he notices that he maybe looks similar to the killer, he looks at him for a moment, does a slight nod which means that he thinks something like "yeah, he fits the description"

then his behaviour changes completely, and checks the tattoo. He says "this was about to get a lot more serious", he wouldn't have said that if he had noticed the similarity right away

hmm... guess i interpret it differently.

No he didn't

I think the nod Spidey does is more of a "yeah, you ain't got ***** on me" or "you're getting what you deserve" that's coming from his cocky, arrogant attitude. It seemed to me that he already had pegged the guy for his looks otherwise why would he be after him. Spidey was still in revenge mode at this point in the movie and wasn't trying to stop the guy because he was doing something wrong.

He wouldn't have played with him if he was a potential killer. His behaviour still does change after he (imo) notices the similarities

not just that but the music ques make more sense with my theory

He wouldn't have played with him if he was a potential killer. His behaviour still does change after he (imo) notices the similarities

Why not? He is attempting to belittle the guy throughout the entire scene from closing the car door on him as he's trying to escape, to yelling "crotch" as he takes him to the ground with a wrestling move, to webbing him against the wall, etc. Spidey wants this guy to know up front that he is weak compared to him and has no chance. Spidey wants to make a fool out of him and does just that very thing. Only after he's given him a healthy dose of "you ain't got s**t on me" he then decides to get serious. Spidey was aware the entire time that he had the appearance of the man he was looking for. Again, at this point in the movie, Spidey was still in his revenge mode and wasn't trying to stop people from commiting crimes. The only reason he was after that thief was because he did fit the profile.

Yeah, that too.

Did anyone catch the Rear Window easter egg? In RW, Jimmy Stewart's character uses a camera flash to stall the killer so he can get the upper hand. We see the same technique used by Peter, although indirectly, during the sewer fight/scene with the Lizard.

So that explains Ramones and Rear Window. I heard the one about Donald Glover too. Any ideas about the Crystal Method Divided by Night poster?

Why not? He is attempting to belittle the guy throughout the entire scene from closing the car door on him as he's trying to escape, to yelling "crotch" as he takes him to the ground with a wrestling move, to webbing him against the wall, etc. Spidey wants this guy to know up front that he is weak compared to him and has no chance. Spidey wants to make a fool out of him and does just that very thing. Only after he's given him a healthy dose of "you ain't got s**t on me" he then decides to get serious. Spidey was aware the entire time that he had the appearance of the man he was looking for. Again, at this point in the movie, Spidey was still in his revenge mode and wasn't trying to stop people from commiting crimes. The only reason he was after that thief was because he did fit the profile.
This.

My heart crumbles when you are not herrrrre!

I was singing a macey gray song

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"