"I'm not a bad person, I just have bad luck" - The Sandman Thread

Discussion in 'Spider-Man: No Way Home' started by Green Goblin, Jun 3, 2021.

1. Invader Joker Registered

Probably because he was confused and scared.

sdgrandia86 likes this.
  2. Joined:
    Jan 12, 2007
    He said he had trust issues and i did like his role in this I was surprised as how much he was given

SpeterMan3 and Another_Fool like this.
  3. Another_Fool Registered

I legitimately thought we were just gonna see Sandman look like sand the entire film so I was pleasantly surprised when we actually saw Thomas Haden Church at the end there.

4. The Joker The Clown Prince of Crime

Yeah but they clearly used recycled footage from SM-3 to do it

5. Another_Fool Registered

Yeah I think they did the same thing with Lizard too using footage of Rhys Ifans from ASM1.

6. GwensNeckBrace Registered

I thought his voice acting was bad. Like it was obviously THC reading his lines in a villainous voice — but it didn’t seem natural imo

7. CadeSkywalker28 Registered

It was weird to see him in this form all the time without any reason... I know why they did it, but stilll...

8. GuestStar2004 Registered

Wasn't really explained why he stayed or was in that in form either.

9. CadeSkywalker28 Registered

I call this "laziness".

Simple "Something happened when I got here. I can't form properly..." would be more than enough.
    Someone could replied "After you teleport your molecules are probably destabilized".

10. ragingdemon155 Registered

If I’m a fan of Sandman, I’m asking for an immediate refund after this movie.

CadeSkywalker28 likes this.
  11. Drizzle Penguin Silvia

Marko being in his sand form the entire time combined with Thomas Haden Church literally being cut-and-pasted from Spider-Man 3 when we saw him at the end leads me to believe it was done either to cut costs so Church wouldn't actually have to be there in person or Church wasn't available to be on set because of various reasons, pandemic related or otherwise.
    That being said, I did like that he wasn't just a mute monster like how he was in his giant form in S-M3.

12. GuestStar2004 Registered

I have a hard time believing they needed to cut costs.

SpeterMan3 and CadeSkywalker28 like this.
  13. samsnee Ok

I honestly didn’t get his motivation.
    he wanted to be sent back to see his daughter. So why would he fight Spider-Man at the end instead of helping him?

14. Drizzle Penguin Silvia

Same, which is why I'm inclined to believe it was for pandemic related reasons but then again
    Venom stayed hidden as opposed to popping out of Eddie's back in the post-credits scene and to boot, Hardy's Venom voice didn't sound as distorted and booming as it did in his own films, almost like it was done on the cheap.

antsman41 likes this.
  15. Drizzle Penguin Silvia

He wasn't really fighting him, he was trying to get the cube so that he could get back to his own universe. It was more of him being impatient than wanting to bring harm to Peter.

SpeterMan3 likes this.
  16. Dweet Registered

If Sony are handing out refunds then I want some for the TASM movies too.

17. ragingdemon155 Registered

Um ok. I agree. If the movie sucked to you, refund most definitely.

However, your refund for TASM doesn’t change the fact that what happened to poor Sandman/Lizard was highway robbery.

18. The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

Sandman served two roles, to provide explanation for Otto and Norman's ultimate fate and to be a punchable threat for the third act.

19. GuestStar2004 Registered

There is some logic that kinda ties inself in knots abit

• So Electro wanted the cube so they couldn't send him back.
    • Lizard wanted it because... i dunno.
    • Sandman wanted it so he could go back.

So was it just a coincidence that they looked like they teamed up against the Spider-men? they just happen to stand in spots that looked like they were teamed up when they actually had different motives?

20. Drizzle Penguin Silvia

Yeah, I don't think they thought it through and just got a bloodlust of wanting to fight when they saw the Spider-Men.

21. JannTosh Registered

Did Sandman even want to be cured? He seemed in control of his powers. Now when he gets sent back he will likely be arrested for his crimes and unable to fight back

22. Mr. Peanut Registered

I don't think he wanted to be cured, but it'll be better for him in the long run. He's not evil but he still clearly doesn't have a high enough level of responsible decision-making ability to properly handle having so much power.

23. TheVileOne Registered

Sandman's role in this story wasn't well developed. I would've cut him from the film. I mean are we just forgetting how things ending with Marko in S3? He let him go. And that was it. We never see Flint Marko again. Never find out what is or was going to happen to him. He didn't "die" fighting Spider-Man.

Also, why is he helping the bad guys at the end? He wants to go back to his own world to see his daughter. That's what the box is supposed to do. He doesn't seem to care about keeping his sand powers.

Was disappointed when I heard that Thomas Haden Church was never actually on set for this film. I thought it was weird he stayed in sand form the entire time when that was never the case in SM3. Then I found out he was never actually on set for the film. Was kind of underwhelming.

#73 TheVileOne, Dec 28, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2021
  24. Mr. Peanut Registered

I think you should rewatch those scenes again. It's never stated that Sandman would die (or Lizard, for that matter). Osborn and Doc Ock find out that they'll die, and Electro realizes that he was about to die. Lizard asks Electro if he is going to die, but Electro never has a chance to answer.

Sandman isn't helping the bad guys at the end. He wants to push the button and go home. The bad guys want to destroy the button so they don't get sent back to their deaths. Spider-man is risking Sandman's ability to go back home, because Spider-man refuses to press the button. Sandman doesn't care about the fact that the bad guys will die (after all, they are bad guys), whereas Spider-man does. Hence they are at odds with eachother.

SpeterMan3 likes this.
  25. TheVileOne Registered

I suppose, but that's not how I saw it.