The Dark Knight Rises In hindsight what changes would you do

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have liked if they mentioned Joker in TDKR. I'm not saying they needed to divulge his current status 8 years later, just mention him and his atrocities in hushed tones every so often. I understand they wanted to show respect to Ledger and so they didn't mention him, but they should've mentioned Joker at least once imo.

i wouldnt mind seeing Joker catatonic a la The Dark Knight Returns and also a nice touch would be him not wakeing up from his coma even when Bats returned proving Alfred right that he wasnt ready to return and he didnt really need to return at that particular time. And when he came back to stop Bane then J would say something like " B..B...B...Batman, Darling " or just a smile chained up in an abandonded Arkham Asylum (there you could make a cameo of Zsaz and also show a bit more of Scarecrow).

^ That could work in the sense that TDK Joker was argueably most similarities to Joker in The Dark Knight Returns.

They both wear red lipstick.
They both laugh very sparingly when compared to Joker in other comics or mediums. But when they do laugh... boy is it creepy.
They both have a creepy assumed relationship with Batman, " You complete me."

Heath's Joker was inspired by many different interperatations, but DTR is very evident among them. I also loved Jokers all white suit in that.

Two more for TDKR:

- Use the take of 'Your punishment must be more severe.' from the trailer, rather than the version we got in the final cut, which was nowhere close to as powerful in his expression and delivery.

- Use the awesome, hypnotic music cue from the final trailer that was left out of the whole movie. (Will try to source this sometime.) Zimmer is a genius, and I'm shocked that they didn't end up including it.

I wonder if it's even on the soundtrack..

I liked Bane's delivery of "Your punishment must be more severe" in the movie. It felt more intimate, like Bane actually had pity for Bruce. The trailer version was cool too, but it was similar in delivery to most of Bane's lines.

I liked Bane's delivery of "Your punishment must be more severe" in the movie. It felt more intimate, like Bane actually had pity for Bruce. The trailer version was cool too, but it was similar in delivery to most of Bane's lines.

That is actually a fair point. I felt like it was his best little piece of acting as Bane, but I'll view the scene with what you said in mind from now on.

No, but I LOVE that part. I literally almost tear up every time. The music throughout the entire trailer (particularly building after the halfway point) is spine-tingling.

Was that in the movie?? I don't recall, which makes me VERY disappointed in myself. lol

This is what I meant:

[YT]J9DlV9qwtF0[/YT]

It picks up right after, 'Is he coming back?' - 'I don't know.'

God, I sdfgngafs. SO GOOD. WHY?

It would have framed the final battle with Bane BEAUTIFULLY.

No, but I LOVE that part. I literally almost tear up every time. The music throughout the entire trailer (particularly building after the halfway point) is spine-tingling.

Was that in the movie?? I don't recall, which makes me VERY disappointed in myself. lol

This is what I meant:

[YT]J9DlV9qwtF0[/YT]

For that matter, I was rather disappointed that they didn't use a fully-fleshed out version of the 'Imagine The Fire' track from the OST during the final battle.

Anyway, nice to see you posting on the Bat-forums again, Rusty! :up:

Sorry to hear you were disappointed by TDKR though. :csad:

For that matter, I was rather disappointed that they didn't use a fully-fleshed out version of the 'Imagine The Fire' track from the OST during the final battle.

Anyway, nice to see you posting on the Bat-forums again, Rusty! :up:

Sorry to hear you were disappointed by TDKR though. :csad:

Hey man! Long time, I remember you. :woot:

Don't get me wrong, I was disappointed here and there, but overall it's still awesome. The conversation just tends to lean toward nitpicks on here. lol

For the sake of balance, I loved how they handled Bruce and Selina's chemistry. Best acting of the whole film. :hrt:

This is what I meant:

[YT]J9DlV9qwtF0[/YT]

How have I never seen this.....

Was this trailer publicized at all?

And no, that music from the other trailer I posted wasn't in the movie

Well put. Although ironically enough that scene lays down the foundation for many of my biggest problems with TDKR, out of context it's easily one of my favorites in the entire trilogy.

It's Hardy's shining moment, IMO. The way his eyes moves and his vocal delivery of the "Of your soul" line gives me chills every time.

Well put. Although ironically enough that scene lays down the foundation for many of my biggest problems with TDKR, out of context it's easily one of my favorites in the entire trilogy.

It's Hardy's shining moment, IMO. The way his eyes moves and his vocal delivery of the "Of your soul" line gives me chills every time.

Hardy was brilliant as Bane, until the end parts etc lol Still don't get his death scene, its like the Nolan's visually telling us "Bane is no longer a major threat,see how sudden is death is, Talia is the true mastermind and must be stopped!" just to hammer it in.

Hardy was brilliant as Bane, until the end parts etc lol Still don't get his death scene, its like the Nolan's visually telling us "Bane is no longer a major threat,see how sudden is death is, Talia is the true mastermind and must be stopped!" just to hammer it in.

From a story telling aspect, yes, I believe that may have indeed been his exact intentions. He certainly succeeded, but it's a decision that leaves me rolling my eyes.

From a story telling aspect, yes, I believe that may have indeed been his exact intentions. He certainly succeeded, but it's a decision that leaves me rolling my eyes.

Bane didn't get the conclusion he deserved. And then Catwoman rubs it in with a one-liner. Philosophically, in terms of Batman vs. the enemies, the movie leaves you dry. Nothing is accomplished or resolved apart from the physical side of things (fist-fight, bomb).

I agree fully that the bit with his eyes during the previously discussed clip was his shining moment. So. Good.

I am still fine with Bane's conclusion to this day. I was always fine that Catwoman finally helped Bruce in more ways than one when she almost left him to die earlier. At a Catwoman standpoint, it was perfect.

Bane's exit was embarrassing.

Still think he had an awesome last line.

It told me Bane was a beast who had to be put down with a canon. What better way to emphasize the ethics of Batman vs Catwoman, especially given Selina's slight to Bruce at the masquerade ball. :woot:

More police being hunted like dogs is what I wanted. If you ever read The Wastelands by Stephen King, I wanted Gotham to become Lud.

Bane's exit was embarrassing.

Fully disagree. While I even view it as rushed, that doesn't necessarily mean it was embarrassing. Bane was defeated before Talia even made her reveal and that's the main reason why I don't see a problem with the scene as a whole because Bane was defeated until Talia stepped in and when being told to keep Batman alive, Bane instead kicked Bats to the ground and decided to blow his brains out with a shotgun to only be shot himself. Bane had his moment and even if rushed, it was a necessary ending to show Catwoman coming back for Bruce.

Still think he had an awesome last line.

And this too. "You'll just have to imagine the fire." LOVE that line.

Oh it was embarrassing. Even comic book Bane went down fighting. Defeated or not in battle, that didn't mean a fitting end for him was to be blown away so nonchalantly.

I cringe just thinking of it.

To each their own then. The only thing I found embarrassing when it comes to a villain in Nolan's trilogy was Scarecrow being defeated by Katie Holmes helming a taser.

That was the worst one of all.

Bane's exit was anti-climactic. The first time I saw the film I actually expected him to get back up or show up later like a boss.

That was the worst one of all.

We agree on that then, hah.

Showing up on a horse was epic to only be ruined by a taser.

Bane's exit was anti-climactic. The first time I saw the film I actually expected him to get back up or show up later like a boss.

I can only imagine the fouls of "realism" being thrown out if Bane got up from being shot by a canon, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"