Infinity War Infinity War Box Office (poll is for the first film) - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should do 4.5M week days this week with a nice increase today and its first sub 1M day on Thursday (maybe Wednesday but I would bet on Thursday) and then a 6M weekend.
So that’s 643+10.5=653.5. Jurassic World is going down on Sunday.
And then it’s Titanic the weekend after.

On a side note I realised that The Dark Knight is now in 9th position in the all time domestic chart. Thinking that it was the second highest grossing movie of all time in 2009 just behind Titanic and is now on the verge of being kicked out of the top 10 makes me feel old.

Heh, I remember when Star Wars beat Jaws.

I think before Jaws it was "the Sting", but not sure. I myself never saw The Sting as I was too young to think of The Sting sounding interesting to me at that time, but I remember my older siblings talking about it.

Heh, I remember when Star Wars beat Jaws.

I think before Jaws it was "the Sting", but not sure. I myself never saw The Sting as I was too young to think of The Sting sounding interesting to me at that time, but I remember my older siblings talking about it.

The Sting is so good...

Disney doesn't determine how Marvel decide to make their movies, but the Russo's say they've never been given constraints from them in this interview.

True, they said it could be three hours, definitely longer though, so if IW was roughly 160 min., then we're kinda splitting hairs between 170 mins + and 3 hrs.

[YT]yOo_4u9dMec[/YT]

Will we get a Director's Cut for Infinity War?
I heard of at least 6-7 scenes that were severed.

Marvel don’t seem to bother with those.

Said it before and I'll say it again, I love that this has already made enough money to cover the production costs of 3 & 4.

I was one of the 76 chumps who voted that this would cap out around 1.8 billion and I'm glad to be wrong.

In just three films, The Avengers is now the #2 highest grossing superhero franchise, besting Spider-Man this week. It should plow past Batman next year.

What's really interesting about this is that the drop right now between 1st & 2nd is almost $700 million WW, and it's growing. That's about as much as Deadpool 2 is going to make and it's in 3rd place. It's also a Marvel affiliate.

Also the 2 Marvel studios movies out right now, have made more than all the WB releases this year to date combined.

No non-Marvel affiliate (including Disney's others) has even crossed 600M yet. Universal has yet to release Jurassic Park, and potentially Mama Mia but still, on the year Marvel affiliated movies are going to account for a ridiculous amount of the box office.

Fantastic Beasts may be WB's only hope of cracking the top 5 for the year.

In just three films, The Avengers is now the #2 highest grossing superhero franchise, besting Spider-Man this week. It should plow past Batman next year.

And Spider-man will pass Batman with the release of Homecoming 2.

giphy.gif

So that list is going to go:

1. MCU (which will likely forever remain as the highest grossing franchise of all time)
2. Avengers
3. X-men
4. Spider-man
5. Batman

Fantastic Beasts may be WB's only hope of cracking the top 5 for the year.

I would also add Aquaman as a hopeful. The character was mostly positively received in Justice League and the director knows how to make billion dollar spinning movies.

And Spider-man will pass Batman with the release of Homecoming 2.

giphy.gif

So that list is going to go:

1. MCU (which will likely forever remain as the highest grossing franchise of all time)
2. Avengers
3. X-men
4. Spider-man
5. Batman

I was breaking down the MCU, DCEU and the X-Men into sub-franchises.

Right now the current top 10 is:

1. Batman- $4.995 B
2. Avengers- $4.893 B
3. Spider-Man- $4.850 B
4. X-Men (Main Franchise)- $2.808 B
5. Superman- $2.554 B
6. Iron Man- $2.423 B
7. Captain America- $2.238 B
8. Thor- $1.947 B
9. Guardians of the Galaxy- $1.637 B
10. Wolverine- $1.406 B (Deadpool will be passing it in a matter of weeks.)

Marvel don’t seem to bother with those.

The Russos said that Disney and Marvel don't place any time restrictions on them, so the version you see in the cinema is always the director's cut.

The Russos said that Disney and Marvel don't place any time restrictions on them, so the version you see in the cinema is always the director's cut.

Cool.

It's still a bit different though as they have the restriction that they are making a film for cinema where a whole group of people are captive to their bladder and other commitments during the day/night, and can't pause it and take a break, as opposed to a true extended edition that can literally be any length. Even guys like Peter Jackson who like throwing in the kitchen sink limit their instincts for a theatrical release without it being imposed on them.

I would also add Aquaman as a hopeful. The character was mostly positively received in Justice League and the director knows how to make billion dollar spinning movies.

Aquaman was disappointing, imo. He added nothing to the film, sadly.

I think you're right that Aquaman has a solid shot, but it's a stretch to say that he was mostly positive received.

Anti-DCEU sentiment right now is worse than the anti-Star Wars sentiment that is killing Solo. I doubt Aquaman can outperform JL.

Worldwide Justice League sat at #14 for last year. I can't see Aquaman passing JL #s. Let alone make top 5 on the year.

My prediction for top 5 WW:

IFW
BP
Jurassic Park
Fantastic Beasts
Ant-Man or DP2

Also interesting is that the top 2 films this year beat the Top Film Last Year in TLJ. Past few years WW there have been about 4 Billion dollar plus films. Aquaman would really have to be something special to hit that mark.

I wonder where Mary Poppins will land itself. I could imagine it has a shot at breaking that top 5 depending on the quality.

The first Aquaman trailer needs to be amazing to have a chance at the box office. There's no hype outside of the fandom.

IFW
BP
Jurassic Park
Fantastic Beasts
Ant-Man or DP2

Incredibles 2?

Worldwide Justice League sat at #14 for last year. I can't see Aquaman passing JL #s. Let alone make top 5 on the year.

IFW
BP
Jurassic Park
Fantastic Beasts
Ant-Man or DP2

Also interesting is that the top 2 films this year beat the Top Film Last Year in TLJ. Past few years WW there have been about 4 Billion dollar plus films. Aquaman would really have to be something special to hit that mark.

You re forgetting Mission 6 and Incredibles 2 which can beat Deadpool potentially.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"