The Avengers The Avengers Box-Office Prediction Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will have seen this movie 4 times by the end of this weekend. 3 of those times on IMAX, so I feel like I'm sufficiently doing my part for the OW numbers. :D

yea i be seeing three time this weekend in every format, would like to skip out on the real 3d but its the only format they are offering on midnight at my local theater.

Yeah so i just got on my xbox 360 and they have like three little boxes devoted to the avengers under the "video" section and one box leads to a page where you can 1)buy all the movie,look at trailers,interviews and tv shows 2) get avatar gear and music or 3) what the stan lee story.

Yeah so i just got on my xbox 360 and they have like three little boxes devoted to the avengers under the "video" section and one box leads to a page where you can 1)buy all the movie,look at trailers,interviews and tv shows 2) get avatar gear and music or 3) what the stan lee story.

I'm gonna go check it out; I hope they'll allow you to dress up as IM, Thor, or Cap if you purchase the avatar gears.

EDIT: I just checked and they still only have the t-shirt for each Avengers, and not their full costume. I brought the Batman Arkham Asylum costume and I don't understand why Marvel is resistant to the idea of letting gamers dress their avatars as real Avengers, and not some silly t-shirts.

Last edited:
The people who argued in earlier parts of this thread that the movie had no chance at a billion will be the same ones who act as though this movie making a billion is no big deal.

People are funny that way

Speaking of which, I wonder where this thread's resident doomsayers have got off to. For quite a while it seemed that every time there was a bit of positive buzz or someone here talked up the film's prospects of doing boffo box office, one poster or another would chime in with assurances that it would never do anywhere near as well as we thought it would. Since the actual numbers from overseas started rolling in we haven't heard as much from them. I guess it's kind of difficult to poor mouth The Avengers' potential when reality contradicts even the most persistent attempts to dampen expectations.

My girlfriend works Friday morning, and my brother doesn't get home from college until Sunday. So I'll be seeing this alone at midnight tomorrow (like a winner), and then again on Sunday with them.

Depending on how I feel about the movie, I might see it once or twice after that.

I'm gonna go check it out; I hope they'll allow you to dress up as IM, Thor, or Cap if you purchase the avatar gears.

I just checked it out and it is weak, they are just tshirts based on the characters.

I just checked it out and it is weak, they are just tshirts based on the characters.

Yeah, I'm very disappointed. How come we can make our avatar look like Batman or GL from head to toe, but when it comes to Marvel we're stuck with just t-shirts and Hulk hands? It seems like someone at Marvel has a philosophical disagreement with the whole idea of making avatars looking exactly like the Marvel superheroes.

Yeah, I'm very disappointed. How come we can make our avatar look like Batman or GL from head to toe, but when it comes to Marvel we're stuck with just t-shirts and Hulk hands? It seems like someone at Marvel has a philosophical disagreement with the whole idea of making avatars looking exactly like the Marvel superheroes.

Ya its kind of disappointing i wanted me a good ole thor helmet and mjolnir

I want to be able to turn my XBox Live avatar into The Hulk, as it will accurately depict how I feel when playing Halo and Call of Duty. More often than not, I come dangerously close to Hulk-smashing my controller on the floor :o.

I want to be able to turn my XBox Live avatar into The Hulk, as it will accurately depict how I feel when playing Halo and Call of Duty. More often than not, I come dangerously close to Hulk-smashing my controller on the floor :o.

One of my friends actually threw his controller into his tv causing it to break into tiny pieces, he even kicked that same tv into his wall. :wow:

One of my friends actually threw his controller into his tv causing it to break into tiny pieces, he even kicked that same tv into his wall. :wow:
Yikes. Did his skin start turning green? If so, I hope you got the heck out of there. :wow:

lol tell that man to chill out

I know I'm seeing the movie either Friday afternoon or evening and then probably again like the next weekend (money and time issues.) I already know Marvel is going to get at least $30 from me for The Avengers since I'll see it at least once in the theaters ($10) and I'll get the Blu-ray/DVD combo pack ($20 minimum) when it comes out to complete my Marvel movie set.

Yikes. Did his skin start turning green? If so, I hope you got the heck out of there. :wow:

I just keep screaming "DUDE YOU'RE CRAZY!" over and over.

lol tell that man to chill out

Trust me I did, that was a long time ago and he still get's that way when he plays Mortal Kombat.

Looks like we're going to have at least 3 movies making 1 billion+ WW this year just like 2011. Godspeed Avengers.

The people who argued in earlier parts of this thread that the movie had no chance at a billion will be the same ones who act as though this movie making a billion is no big deal.

Speaking of which, I wonder where this thread's resident doomsayers have got off to. For quite a while it seemed that every time there was a bit of positive buzz or someone here talked up the film's prospects of doing boffo box office, one poster or another would chime in with assurances that it would never do anywhere near as well as we thought it would. Since the actual numbers from overseas started rolling in we haven't heard as much from them. I guess it's kind of difficult to poor mouth The Avengers' potential when reality contradicts even the most persistent attempts to dampen expectations.

As a wise man once said....All you people who think Avengers will do much more than the Iron Man films are deluded.

I know right? And they'll probably say "Everyone can earn a billion dollars nowadays just like Transformers" :doh::doh::doh:

As a wise man once said....All you people who think Avengers will do much more than the Iron Man films are deluded.

You gotta remember that The Avengers is not really the sequel to five films from four franchises that earned over $2 billion at the global box office. It's actually a stand-alone film featuring characters that the GA really doesn't know or care about. Only Iron Man has had blockbuster success, and even he is a second-tier character at best. Hulk is better known but he's box office poison. So TA can't count on getting a boost from having six superheroes in one film. That's a fanboy fantasy. :o

It's gonna be huge

Like I said, and have always said once reviews came in and it was clear Wheadon pulled it off

200 Million is the mark I see,

This is gonna be HUGE

Hours away from glory

History in the making. When I was a kid I never guessed Marvel would get this big. World domination indeed.

You gotta remember that The Avengers is not really the sequel to five films from four franchises that earned over $2 billion at the global box office. It's actually a stand-alone film featuring characters that the GA really doesn't know or care about. Only Iron Man has had blockbuster success, and even he is a second-tier character at best. Hulk is better known but he's box office poison. So TA can't count on getting a boost from having six superheroes in one film. That's a fanboy fantasy. :o

well the European Audience is clearly far more interested in this then any of the individual films

It's gonna pass all and surpass all by 100"s of millions with ease

THe Hulk is BO poison??? Yikes, I guess Avengers is gonna tank here in the states? Well you're always gonna find someone out there who have to throw cold water on a party. Good to meet you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"