The Avengers The Avengers Box-Office Prediction Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's odd about international numbers?

Nothing. Tuesday was a holiday in a lot of countries which accounts for the $46 million TA made that day. No holiday on Wednesday, so the numbers dipped accordingly. Today (Thursday) it premiered in Russia, tomorrow in North America and Saturday in China. Monday is also a holiday in some countries. The weekend numbers should be interesting.

Nothing. Tuesday was a holiday in a lot of countries which accounts for the $46 million TA made that day. No holiday on Wednesday, so the numbers dipped accordingly. Today (Thursday) it premiered in Russia, tomorrow in North America and Saturday in China. Monday is also a holiday in some countries. The weekend numbers should be interesting.
Interesting as in awesome!

Box Office Mojo has raised its estimate of The Avengers' OW earnings.

Forecast: 'The Avengers' Takes Aim at Opening Weekend Record

Weekend Forecast (May 4-6):
1. The Avengers - $172.5 million
2. Think Like a Man - $8.6 million (-51%)
3. The Pirates! - $6.6 million (-41%)
4. The Hunger Games - $6.3 million (-42%)
5. Five-Year Engagement - $5.8 million (-45%)

Just an aside: I live near the only commercial IMAX in the Baltimore metropolitan area. The midnight screenings of The Avengers have sold out so several 3:15 AM shows were added. They are actually running TA on five screens (IMAX, two each of RealD and 2D) and sold out all of those shows.

Just an aside: I live near the only commercial IMAX in the Baltimore metropolitan area. The midnight screenings of The Avengers have sold out so several 3:15 AM shows were added. They are actually running TA on five screens (IMAX, two each of RealD and 2D) and sold out all of those shows.

Yeah, I think this movie will do just fine.:oldrazz:

A boat load of cash.... the midnight 2d and 3d are sold out in my neck of the woods....

I have it at $173m for the weekend. In other words I agree with BOM.

Awesome! I hope Boxofficemojo's prediction will come true.

Woah, 72.5 million would be considered a great number by most other standards.
Infact, most Marvel Studio films would have been happy to even hit that much.

NOW we're talking! $170m plus and I'll get excited. Anything in the 150 range and I'll stay in bed. *yawn*

friday midnight, 2nd*update… refresh for latest… disney finally released marvel’s the avengers*at midnight into about 2,500 locations around the u.s. And canada tonight. And theaters*are trying to accomodate all the crowds lining up for hours for their first look at this superhero spectacle.*major theater chains are adding shows from 12:01 am into the wee hours.*”in an effort to handle the mass demand regal will be adding additional am shows at many theatres nationally,” regal announced. At the*amc empire theatre in manhattan,**the avengers was planning to show on 21 screens*at 12:01 am with*contingency plans to play it on all 25 screens if needed. Turns out those extra screens were needed –*and most of the moviegoers have on their reald avengers collector 3d glasses.*the first guest on the imax line had been there since 8:39 am thursday. The 12:01 imax show*sold out*weeks ago, and*less than 100 seats remained for the 3:30 am show. At the el capitan theatre in hollywood, “round the clock” screenings are skedded with breakfast served at 2:30 am. Exclusive limited print run comic books are on hand*for guests at the 4 am showing.*for friday matinees, disney set its theater count at*4,349 locations, including 3,364 plays in 3d.

The u.s. Debut follows the incredible success of*the avengers*overseas in 41 countries with grosses totalling* $281.1 million through its first eight days in theaters. This weekend adds russia and china so the number is already past $300m. In the u.s. No other big movie dared to open against this mega-blockbuster which could speed past $160m during its first 3 days of release through sunday. The first weekend of may is one of the most lucrative release dates each year, especially*for marvel comic book adaptations. (the first spider-man movie in 2002 set a*new opening weekend record on this date as did*spider-man 3 in 2007.) now the only question*is how big is big – and whether the avengers will top harry potter and the deathly hallows part 2‘s current record of $169.2m because of*ticket price inflation and 3d premiums.

pre-sales were gargantuan with fandango*reporting soaring ticket sales and more than*1,000 showtimes sold out in advance of the midnight opening.*”the avengers is on track to become one of fandango’s top ticket-sellers of the year, representing 95% of thursday’s sales.” the superhero ensemble movie is also outperforming all previous marvel titles, including all spider-man movies and avengers-related films at the same point in the sales cycle. On top of that, the avengers is outpacing last summer’s action blockbuster transformers 3: Dark of the moon at the same point in that film’s sales cycle. According to a recent fandango survey, the avengers is the most anticipated film of this summer, with 66% of fans planning to see it more than once on the big screen.

though extremely big, disney’s theatre count*isn’t the*all-time list of widest openings at the box office. It’s #7. (no. 1 is june 2010′s the twilight saga: Eclipse which released into 4,468 theaters.) the avengers will open in 275 theatres, or more than half of*the imax 3d format in 451 digital theatres worldwide. More imax territories are launching in tandem with the north american release this week, including china.*domestic imax pre-sales are also strong and significantly ahead of any previous marvel releases.

holy ****.

Why didn't Captain America and Thor gross more worldwide?

Looks like it's going to be history in the making.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"