Infinity War Infinity War Box Office (poll is for the first film)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, I just realized if Captain Marvel origin is in between the Infinity films, that might mean the Kree have something to do with Infinity Wars.

Wait, I just realized if Captain Marvel origin is in between the Infinity films, that might mean the Kree have something to do with Infinity Wars.

Correct, I've known this for a long time now but it's probably mostly because I'm hyped for the Captain Marvel movie.

Here's what I'm positive of, the lowest the budget for a film of this caliber could get is 2-3 million. Possibly 4. Point being they will spare no expense for the biggest outing in all of the MCU. When Infinity Wars rolls around, you better bet your ass this will do box office wonders.

I wouldn't be surprised in the least if IF has a HUGE HUGE budget. Daniel Bruhl made a comment that Civil War's budget is huge. I wouldn't be surprised is IF's is way bigger. Especially now, considering the Marvel shakeup.

Probably more than Age of Ultron

What is the competition looking like? So far we have a few DCCU films including the new Batman (rumored to release sometime in 2018), Godzilla 2, and Black Panther. Anything else?

So what do you guys think? IW can match TFA?
Imo it can, but I think everything has to go completely accordingly leading up to it.

So what do you guys think? IW can match TFA?
Imo it can, but I think everything has to go completely accordingly leading up to it.
I absolutely think that it has no chance to. I'm sure it will be a huge success like most of Marvel's films but I see no reason why it would match TFA. And if we are talking North America then it's a laughable idea more than anything else.

What is up the comic book movie fans delusions today?

Last edited:
I absolutely think that it has no chance to. I'm sure it will be a huge success like most of Marvel's films but I see no reason why it would match TFA. And if we are talking North America then it's a laughable idea more than anything else.

What is up the comic book movie fans delusions today?
Let me rephrase that, it has a chance at beating the opening weekend and maybe ww. No way do I think it can catch TFA domestically mainly because of the legs.

Honestly I don't think it has a chance at opening weekend or worldwide if I'm being honest. Age of Ultron (which was a huge success, I'm not downplaying that) couldn't even open as well as the first film (it's opening was still great though), why would infinity war open substantially larger than that? I just don't see why?

1.8B - 2.0B, with domestic 750M

Honestly I don't think it has a chance at opening weekend or worldwide if I'm being honest. Age of Ultron (which was a huge success, I'm not downplaying that) couldn't even open as well as the first film (it's opening was still great though), why would infinity war open substantially larger than that? I just don't see why?

Bigger hype. AOU felt like Filler. IW 2 is gonna be marketed as the 'epic culmination'.

Together over 2 bill. Each film separate no where over 1.2 bill.

I'd air on the side that says it's a little too early to guess because even though we've come closer to these two films, we're still not close enough to have the necessary info to make any sort of real guesses.

I will say, though, that I'd like to think audiences have been waiting for Thanos. But as others have stated it'll come down to execution, competition, etc.

You are correct that it really is too early to predict anything but I'll say that right now obviously I believe the film is going to be a huge hit like the other two films but I still see no reason for it to increase substantially in North America especially. Age of Ultron was following the one two punch of beloved Winter Solider and Guardians of the Galaxy and had really impressive trailers and still made 460mil in comparison to the originals 623mil. A great number but nowhere near the original.

I said back in 2012 that I don't know if any MCU film will be as well-received as the first Avengers. I don't know how vividly you all remember that month but the Avengers was the toast of the town everywhere I went; all of my friends and family were talking about it, including the ones that don't even go to the movies that often.
We'll see if any other Marvel film will have that impact.

I think the "split" of the films may hurt it's take a bit, but I still see each making around 2 billion. The hype of seeing all of those heroes teaming up and facing an otherworldly threat, with abstracts and Celestials all in the mix, will certainly bring people out in droves. I think people in here are really underselling the potential it has.

I don't think anyone's underselling anything...we're all anticipating this movie but we're being asked to guesstimate on something we have very little info on outside of (some of) the cast and the general plot. We can't just assume it's going to do massive numbers merely because it's a large team-up film facing an otherworldly threat (The Avengers). It'll take far, far more than that, my good sir.

I think the first one will make just over 1.6B. With the second one the sky's the limit.

I think the first one will make just over 1.6B. With the second one the sky's the limit.
I get the feeling they should advertise the second one as a finale. That would really sell it.

I voted 1.4 - 1.6 billion. After Age of Ultron I'm a little cautious to guess any higher.

I expect Part 2 will have a much higher box office return.

I'm thinking the first half will come in a bit softer than AOU at between $1.2-$1.4B. New characters will be stepping into the forefront, and along with the increase in the number of superhero films it will keep Part 1 down. If the Russos come through, Part 2 could top Avengers.

This is it. EVERYTHING Marvel Studios has been building up to. The Avengers, Guardians of The Galaxy, The Defenders, The Secret Warriors, Spider-Man, anyone who is anyone in the MCU SHOULD be in this movie (or the next). I mean who knows if by that time they pull off a massive deal with Fox and introduce the FANTASTIC FRAKKIN FOUR in one of these!!! Sky's the limit imo. Here are my predictions in light of what I said:

IW Part 1:
OW: $300M
Dom: $750 Million
Int: $1.5 BILLION
WW: $2.3 BILLION
RT: 94%
CinemaScore: A+

IW Part 2:
OW: $350M
Dom: $900 Million
Int: $1.7 BILLION
WW: $2.6 BILLION
RT: 96%
CinemaScore: A+

Last edited:
If the Gaurdians, Avengers and Spider-Man all crossover in this. Then it's breaking 2 billion like a toothpick. If it's just the Avengers and Earth heroes, maybe it could break 2 bill still, but it would be slower.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"