Infinity War Infinity War Box Office (poll is for the first film)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Gaurdians, Avengers and Spider-Man all crossover in this. Then it's breaking 2 billion like a toothpick. If it's just the Avengers and Earth heroes, maybe it could break 2 bill still, but it would be slower.

Hypothetical question: If Marvel were to get the rights to Fantastic Four back and used Infinity War to introduce them much like they are using Spider-Man in CW, how much do you see it making? LOL

^

Little to no effect in terms of immediate box office returns, IMO. FF aren't close to being the draw Spidey is. And after the 3 crappy Fox movies, their image would probably need some rehabilitation before they are considered 'A-tier' characters.

Though said rehabilitation would be a piece of cake in the MCU, considering the absolutely massive potential of FF characters (both heroes and villains) done right.

With all of the major MCU heroes already in it, it'd be set for a billion regardless. The F4 introduction would be a nice little touch, maybe draw in a few more people but honestly after the Trank deal, not any big crowds. I mean in terms of Box Office I feel Infinity War is the one true sealed deal.

Then again I said the same about BvS and that turned out rather...dissappointingly.

This is it. EVERYTHING Marvel Studios has been building up to. The Avengers, Guardians of The Galaxy, The Defenders, The Secret Warriors, Spider-Man, anyone who is anyone in the MCU SHOULD be in this movie (or the next). I mean who knows if by that time they pull off a massive deal with Fox and introduce the FANTASTIC FRAKKIN FOUR in one of these!!! Sky's the limit imo. Here are my predictions in light of what I said:

IW Part 1:
OW: $300M
Dom: $750 Million
Int: $1.5 BILLION
WW: $2.3 BILLION
RT: 94%
CinemaScore: A+

IW Part 2:
OW: $350M
Dom: $900 Million
Int: $1.7 BILLION
WW: $2.6 BILLION
RT: 96%

Black Panther
OW: $100M
Dom: $250M
Int: $400M
WW: $650M

Captain America Civil War
OW: $200M
Dom: $550 Million
Int: $1.2 BILLION
WW: $1.75 BILLION

Captain Marvel
Yikes. 2019. By then the bar will have been set higher for all movies.
Let's also take into account that this will be a post Infinity War movie so expectations and hype will be sky high

OW: $150M
Dom: $300 Million
Int: $500 Million
WW: $800 Million
RT: 92%

Thor 3

I am hoping this becomes Thor's 'Winter Soldier'.

My predictions:
OW: $110 million
Domestic: $270 million
International: $500 million
Worldwide: $770 million

As a reference point before making your prediction:

Thor: $449.3 million worldwide ($181M Domestic, $268M International, OW $65.7M)

Thor: TDW: $644.6 million worldwide (206.4M Dometic, $438.2M International), OW $85.7M

Dude, I like your enthusiasm, I really do, but you're setting yourself up for disappointment lol. All movies with A+ cinemascores, 3 movies with 94% RT, 1 with 96% RT and the lowest one with 92%. I think the highest MCU RT score is 92%.

Hypothetical question: If Marvel were to get the rights to Fantastic Four back and used Infinity War to introduce them much like they are using Spider-Man in CW, how much do you see it making? LOL

FF in IW would do more to increase awareness to FF and help wash away the Fox stench for the IP then help increase awareness and get people in seats for IW.

How can you predict RT scores without even seeing a trailer?

Yes if you imagine the movie is going to be amazing even if there's no director attached.

Half of the question for me isn't how much they'll make but how much they're gonna spend on these films?

Half of the question for me isn't how much they'll make but how much they're gonna spend on these films?
Hopefully as much as possible for both questions. :woot: As long as the revenue far outweighs the costs I hope they spend ****laods to make it as epic as it deserves to be. Not going to be cheap with 400 heroes to do justice to! I think CW will have been great practise for the Russos though and a lot of the groundwork (in terms of effects, costumes and powers) for many of the heroes is already done.

True that, hope they go all out with this one.

Wait did you say 400?!

Yep, just exaggerating for effect. ;)

Ah I see. Might as well be 400 lol. :funny:

I wanna see them all either standing against Thanos, and who ever is left standing as cameos of people on Earth and in Space in a montage of all the MCU characters wondering if the heroes will provail. :D

After seeing the footage, Disney and Marvel are in for a big box office treat come May 4, 2018. Especially if the reviews and buzz are close to what the first Avengers accumulated.

Question is, how big can it go?

I could see it breaking box office records. 250 million domestic opening with probably 700-750 million domestic with 1.5 million worldwide

It's hard to say being so far away without knowing what the hype will be like, but I think it'll be a relatively modest $1.3bn.

Infinity War - $1.5-2bil. Depending on word of mouth/critic reviews, I think it will beat the first Avengers movie. The build up to Infinity War has been going on for years now, it's the culmination of the MCU thus far, plus it's an Avengers movie with the Guardians & Spider-Man......no way is it making less than $1.5billion world wide.

In between $1.4-1.6 Billion for both Infinity War and A4

The fact that the story is split in two movies is what will keep either to fully achieve a huge box office gross, if it was just one I could imagine it making up to $2Billion.

What some of you need to remember is that Box Office numbers aren't just magic, they correlate to the amount of people interested in the franchise and the genre. The Avengers reached that peak so it's not gonna be easy to be topped regarless of how hyped fans are. It's the general audiences they'll have to convince that those movies are as important as we know they are so marketing will play a huge role. They can't sell IW as the true culmination of the MCU because that's just the first part, likewise A4 won't have the novelty of having the Guardians and the Avengers in the same movie because that will happen in IW.

It will be very interesting how it all plays out but of course the biggest factor in how these movies perform is how good they turn out to be and that's something we just can't predict.

I def feel A4 will gross a bit less than Infinity War.

Mockingbird Part 1 effect

Infinity War- $1.3 billion
Avengers 4- $1.2 billion

I agree with this. I think the Avengers movies lose 100 mil or so every time a new one comes out.

$1.5-2B WW sounds about right for IW. I mean it's 10 years of buildup and it has the Avengers fighting along side the Guardians, Spider-Man and Doctor Strange. Avengers 4 will definitely decrease, but it will still be HUGE with around $1.2-1.3B WW.

I don't have a number yet - but I get the feeling A3 is going to be massive at the BO. It has the build up feelz like the original Avengers film did.

I trust that Feige is doing everything he can to make this an event and that his word is his bond when he says they're doing things in this movie that haven't been seen yet in CBM's.

I'm sorry but I can't stop laughing at the "Under 400 million" selection. Could you imagine this thing bombing so hard that it made less than the first Thor movie. It would be the end of the MCU.

But anyway, I predict 600M Domestic and 1B overseas for a 1.6 Billion total.

IWs 1.45 billion

A4 2 billion

It is the likely last ride for most of the original heroes. The movies will be event type movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"