Infinity War Infinity War Box Office (poll is for the first film)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel Infinity Wars will make more than Avengers 4. Marvel may be downplaying the 2 part nature of the story by changing the title of Avengers 4 but to the general audience, it will be seen as a 2 part story. Coming out a year apart and a likely cliffhanger ending for Avengers 3.

I was thinking Avengers 4 would be the real climax to everything in the MCU to date.

$1.8 - $2 bills. Yeah, I know, it’s probably just the trailer talking but this has “all your moneys are belong to us” written all over it.

With good reviews 70+ they'll match ultron.
With 80+ on RT they'll do 1.6
And with civil war scores theyll do 1.8.

Its hard to say though, this FM. Could feasibly make 2 billion.

The trailer reaction is crazy good. IW is breaking YouTube records.

I have a good feeling IW will beat Jurassic World 2 domestic and worldwide.

We could be looking at a perfect storm.

Last edited:
The trailer reaction is crazy good. IW is breaking Ypurecords.

I have a good feeling IW will beat Jurassic World 2 domestic and worldwide.

We could be looking at a perfect storm.

After that trailer and the reaction to it all bets are off!

1.7-2.1 billion. I think IW has a chance to dethrone Avatar finally.

I'm going to be "conservative" and say 1.4-1.6, and I say that jokingly. However in all seriousness the exchange rates for the dollar are such that the foreign box office probably come in below the first Avengers.

The good news is that May competition looks sparse. Han Solo will be released over the Memorial Day holiday weekend, but that's about it.

Alot will depend on reviews and WOM. This does have a bit of the feel of the first Avengers, since they are uniting Doctor Strange, Spider-man and GOTG to the roster.

Crazy how such a forgettable film holds the record by a big margain as well

Still have a hard time moving from my $1.4-$1.6 billion prediction as anything higher hust seems too pie in the sky. Only way I can see it going above $1.6 billion is if the reviews are really good.

The overall reaction to the trailer was way more excited than I expected. I think this can match the box office of the first one and that's what I'm rooting for.

36 million yt views and it hasn't even been 24 hours

There are some ridiculous options up there. Anyway this gonna make 1.6B at most. I'm predicting it will make the same amount as AOU. Yeah this is the culmination of a 10-year saga but it is just the first part and superhero team-up movies don't have the same unique and thrilling factor as they had in 2012.

I went with 1.4-1.6, but I always underestimate BO. It feels like it will be somewhere between A1/A2 and The Force Awakens.

There are some ridiculous options up there. Anyway this gonna make 1.6B at most. I'm predicting it will make the same amount as AOU. Yeah this is the culmination of a 10-year saga but it is just the first part and superhero team-up movies don't have the same unique and thrilling factor as they had in 2012.

If this film is aswell received as the first avengers it will best it comfortably.

I'm still extremely confident this is hitting $2 billion. Everywhere I go on the internet this is literally the main topic of discussion. But, that's not surprising at all, quite honestly.

I understand the hype for this online, but let's remember that trailer views are often the same person watching it multiple times. It plays a factor for sure, but it's also skewed.

I think JL will also hurt this a bit for the people who don't associate the difference between the two companies. A CBM is a CBM.

This will also be darker in tone and not as 'fun' as the other films. I think it will be a huge success, but for me 1 billion is a lot more realistic then 2 billion. My bet is it lands in the 1.1-1.2 billion range.

I'm thinking the ceiling for this is Avengers 1's domestic gross adjusted for inflation, which would be $686 M. Even if this sells more tickets than Avengers 1, the film won't have the luxury of 2012's 3-D market. Deadpool will also hurt it's legs going into June, making an Avatar beating domestic total very difficult.

Foreign is tough to gauge. If it performed like Avengers 1 (which only lost foreign to AoU due to China) with a $240 M Chinese performance (AoU's total) we could see a $1.055 B foreign total.

So I'm just going to use those numbers to arbitrary call my shot at $1.741 B.

I do think we need to get our expectations in check. I say around 1.3 Billion +

I do think we need to get our expectations in check. I say around 1.3 Billion +

240 million have watched the trailer in 24 hours the buzz for this film is mad

I don't know if it will beat Avatar numbers but I think this movie is going to be a monster. The GA trust Marvel (WB's DCEU movies are a different story, I don't think JL's lackluster performance is gonna matter in regards to this movie), and the trailer just has this epic scope to it that can't be denied. The hype is real.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"