Interstellar - Part 10

Did anyone else beside me figured out early on in the film that it was her dad pushing the books off her book case sending her information?

So am I getting this correct the aliens sent the worm hole and they sent him home at the end of the film?

Last edited:
Not aliens. It was Us. Advanced human beings who put the wormhole there.

They "theorized" it was advanced humans from a distant future that "could" have done it....but they had no proof it was....so it could have been aliens.

If it was future humans that sent the wormhole, it creates a paradox that makes everything impossible. Humans were going to die on Earth because they couldn't send enough people into space to continue the race. They are only saved because "someone" sends the wormhole. If humans were going to die because they could not leave earth, how could humans out in space in the future send the wormhole? To keep it from being an impossible to happen situation, you have to say that some benevolent race unable to directly contact us gave us a chance.

Did anyone else beside me figured out early on in the film that it was her dad pushing the books off her book case sending her information?

So am I getting this correct the aliens sent the worm hole and they sent him home at the end of the film?

I didn't figure out so it was one of the most amazing moments in cinema for me to see how all that came together.

About your question...This might be long but i hope you don't get bored. It's full of crazy ideas and why it makes Interstellar not just another great sci-fi movie but very different than any other mega budget blockbuster.

Matthew mcconaughey brought himself there. Once he did reach to tesseract in black hole, (after crying and using gravity to send "stay" message) he communicated with himself through gravity to find NASA's place (dust scene) and sent datas for her daughter to solve equation problem. (watch scene)

Who did built tesseract in a black hole? Not aliens. There are no aliens. What they refer as aliens were actually humankind in far future that able understand another dimention we can't yet. So humans who can across 5th dimension built all that.

The reason why they have selected for his mission is their strong bond between father & daughter (He pushed for death many times through movie to save her world and she was too loyal & persistent to his dad. Most of the people wouldn't do those things and accept their fate ) Also their interests & jobs were right for such mission.

So future humans built wormhole and tesseract in black hole. I don't think they cared about what happens to matthew mcconaughey's character after he finished his mission. He was sent back to our galaxy some kind of space-time travel. (He shook hands with Amelia)

These are not my opinions but pretty much what he says in tesseract. Pretty much facts from movie at this point. I hope that answers.

They "theorized" it was advanced humans from a distant future that "could" have done it....but they had no proof it was....so it could have been aliens.

If it was future humans that sent the wormhole, it creates a paradox that makes everything impossible. Humans were going to die on Earth because they couldn't send enough people into space to continue the race. They are only saved because "someone" sends the wormhole. If humans were going to die because they could not leave earth, how could humans out in space in the future send the wormhole? To keep it from being an impossible to happen situation, you have to say that some benevolent race unable to directly contact us gave us a chance.

This is the part things go crazy:

How future humankind can exist to build a wormhole for us to go another galaxy to built the colony for their existence at first place? It's a grand father paradox!!!... or what if Mann didn't turn evil and Cooper was able to go back to earth once he learned he was tricked by Prof. Brand? or what if Prof.Brand confess to Murph all of his work was BS? Cooper was forced to go in a black hole without any "future humans" message. How the hell future mankind can built their plan on these circumstances. Plot Holes!

or is it?

My opinion is we still try to understand all that stuff in our 3D thinking patterns.. Time isn't linear as we think and happening simultaneously. So from whatever happens today to far future happening simultaneously. There is no possible future where our kind dies because it's happening in same time. Existence of Wormhole, tesseract, equation, things that happens past,today & probably future can be considered as paradox (plot holes) if you think time is linear. So once you stop thinking in possibilities in 3 dimention, all these weird ass things can happen. Once we accept humankind is beings in 5th dimention can manipulate space-time none of these seems impossible at all. So in a way nothing is fixed or saved out of these beings knownledge. If you think about it most of our problems are exists because of we don't know future and we can't change past. 5th dimention beings don't have our understandings or problems.

Infamous grandfather paradox is cause of our 3 dimention understanding. Quantum physics works a lot different.

Sorry for long post but i think most of paradoxes or plot holes that people mention actually exists because they still think in terms of 3 dimentions even though movie clearly says these are 5th dimention beings.It's quantum mechanics where everything seems like a high fantasy for regular people. I have watched some documetaries and even though they try to tell it like teaching to a moron still complicated and mind blowing possibilities.

Last edited:
How future humankind can exist to build a wormhole for us to go another galaxy to built the colony for their existence at first place? It's a grand father paradox!!!...

More like the “ontological/bootstrap paradox.” (Events are looped - so that an effect has no cause [or an event is its own cause :eek:].) A head-scratcher, yes. But it’s fairly common in time-travel fiction and not a plot hole, per se.

Neil deGrasse Tyson on Christopher Nolan

http://www.today.com/popculture/neil-degrasse-tyson-ready-late-night-science-trending-t15621

XuxairZ.jpg

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/startalk/videos/neil-degrasse-tyson-on-christopher-nolan/

:woot:

bu3B4M1.gif

Haha, awww.

Damn, I totally forgot about the interview though, hopefully they'll re-air it and I can DVR it and/or someone posts it.

It doesn't create a paradox because the humans of the future created a civilization that operated under different rules. By the logic and science that we currently understand, you're correct. But, with the way humans were able to bend space and time in the space station at the end of the movie, they could have sent the wormhole. The people of the future were not limited by our current 3D way of looking at things.

It doesn't create a paradox because the humans of the future created a civilization that operated under different rules. By the logic and science that we currently understand, you're correct. But, with the way humans were able to bend space and time in the space station at the end of the movie, they could have sent the wormhole. The people of the future were not limited by our current 3D way of looking at things.

The only thing that makes people say it was future humans is....Cooper out of nowhere while in the teseract says "It's future humans."....no proof, nothing around him to suggest it....he just comes up with it. So it is a theory.

The only thing that makes people say it was future humans is....Cooper out of nowhere while in the teseract says "It's future humans."....no proof, nothing around him to suggest it....he just comes up with it. So it is a theory.

I took it that Nolan took the time to explain that to us because the they was a mystery just like Dr. Mann was. The reveal is part of the magic. It's to make us understand we are much more capable of doing things than what we may even know. Humanity has always proven that via evolution. We have stopped evolving in the last century. It's time to do what we normally do.

I'm a straightforward (blinkered?) thinker; without the wormhole, humans die. So no future humans creating the wormhole.

So... Aliens :D

I enjoyed the film...... Yet I didn't.

I think just like Batman, Nolan himself created the black hole for the humans. :o

This was a good movie, but I wish it ended after he went into the blackhole to leave ambiguous as a metaphor for death as we don't know what happens after.

Instead, it ends on hope and we got the lame twist that
the "ghost" was her God damn father! (Contact anybody?)

I don't think it needs a sequel, at all. I think it's a fine stand alone movie.

That's like the fools who said Inception needed a sequel. No way.

That's like the fools who said Inception needed a sequel. No way.

You can argue that Interstellar is a spiritual sequel to Inception and likewise to the Prestige.

If Nolan adapts something like Glasshouse hy Charles Stross, the trend will continue.

That's not a paradox. Time travel logic is supposed to be circular.

A leads to B, B leads to C, C leads to A.

The first Terminator nails it.

I love Interstellar more and more every time I watch it. It's a masterpiece.

This movie is one of those very rare examples of being "too good for its own good." In other words, it's virtually perfect in every way... and that's the problem. That's too much for people. We can't have flawless movies.

People want lame jokes and bullets and car chases and they want them riddled with mediocre camera angles and sloppy editing and rock music. To make a $150 Million movie and NOT deliver in those areas is basically blasphemous nowadays. Give this a budget of $10 Million and you've got your Black Swan or your Social Network or your No Country for Old Men... Those are safe. People know what they're getting. Treat it like an epic blockbuster and you get people in the theater who go "I didn't think this would be some artsy-fartsy Oscar movie! Yuck!"

So I think that was the problem with the general audience, unfortunately. They didn't know what they were getting, and admittedly, the studio didn't quite know who they were marketing it to. The right audiences kind of missed out. This was a $150 Million slow drama film. It shouldn't exist.

It was Best Picture material, clearly the best of 2014 by a landslide.

I thought Interstellar had good jokes.

When they set the humour rating of TARS to 65%, I took that as Nolan slightly raising the humour in his movie as an acknowledgement of the critics. It's really clever because the scene itself is hilarious.

I thought Interstellar had good jokes.

When they set the humour rating of TARS to 65%, I took that as Nolan slightly raising the humour in his movie as an acknowledgement of the critics. It's really clever because the scene itself is hilarious.

Oh, for sure.
I'm referring to farts and weed and innuendo and anything Kevin James does.

So slow.... Old photos from an old photoshoot.

CFv5sNiWIAAUuoP.jpg

CFzswXYUUAEG4kr.jpg:large

CFv5sN0W0AACFvO.jpg

CFv5sOKXIAAFLVs.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member