Iron Fist Iron Fist General Discussion Thread - Part 4

Finn having more time to learn the fight choreography, iron fist getting a costume and better writing will certainly help improve the next season of iron fist.

And he needs to hit the gym as well. He still looks like a wet noodle.

In the Defenders, didn't even

Luke Cage describe him as some skinny white guy when he was first describing him to Claire?

to be fair isn't that the average British actor look?

Nope, plenty of British actors are in good shape. Most British leading men under 40 tend to be as in good shape as their foreign counterparts.

Charlie Cox is British and in good shape for Daredevil
Charlie_Cox_body.jpg

Last edited:

What about Charlie Cox? He's a British actor. He doesn't look so much like that. Finn Jones is more like the below average British actor. :o

This is the bare minimum I expect of someone who calls himself the Iron Fist. It still completely shatters my immersion, whenever Finn Jones is shirtless, and I am supposed to believe he underwent 10 years of hardcore martial arts training.

This is the bare minimum I expect of someone who calls himself the Iron Fist. It still completely shatters my immersion, whenever Finn Jones is shirtless, and I am supposed to believe he underwent 10 years of hardcore martial arts training.

He didn't say he underwent 10 successful years of martial arts training though. :oldrazz:

He could've failed for the first 9 years, never being able to master the techniques or build any muscle. So in the last year the monks could've given him a cut-down version which also required minimal body muscle. Then Danny Rand could be like those who put on their CV/ résumé "I have 10 years of martial arts training" just to boost their experience. :o

In the Defenders, didn't even

Luke Cage describe him as some skinny white guy when he was first describing him to Claire?
well in the comic's everyone is skinny to him cause luke broader then every one cause he's burly overly. and he does luitter call every skinny inthe books prior to his rocking the curent bald look.

but in the the actor finn jones case. but not all martial arts need to be buff. Ripped with noticeable musle tone is fine too.

Finn having more time to learn the fight choreography, iron fist getting a costume and better writing will certainly help improve the next season of iron fist.
yes in deed it will. your absolutly correct. this series really needs that .For sure if it's to go any further.

Gary Daniels (in his prime)/Christian Howard (as Ken Masters) is basically how Danny should look, imo. So yeah, Finn needs to get his ass in the gym.

well in the comic's everyone is skinny to him cause luke broader then every one cause he's burly overly. and he does luitter call every skinny inthe books prior to his rocking the curent bald look.

but in the the actor finn jones case. but not all martial arts need to be buff. Ripped with noticeable musle tone is fine too.

He should at least look like someone like Steven Amell. He looks more like someone who could actually fight. And he can do that salmon ladder in real life.

Netflix Iron Fist seems Arrow-lite.

He should at least look like someone like Steven Amell. He looks more like someone who could actually fight. And he can do that salmon ladder in real life.

Netflix Iron Fist seems Arrow-lite.
I'd be happy if he had the Micheal weston, umm actor Jeffery Donovan's physique from Burn notice's look . that was good enough as well , most martial artists try for that looks and are able to move freely. That would also be what I like both an an adult, 20's to 40's
something spidey, ice man and cyclops as well.

Last edited:
Meh, the fights in Arrow have never been that great. No disrespect to Stephen Amell and the Arrow fans, but the fight scenes in Arrow are hardly topnotch.

IMHO, nothing I've ever seen in Arrow has surpassed the best scenes in Daredevil.

Arrow doesn't come close to DD in terms of fights. And Stephen's physique would be too bulky for someone like Iron Fist, imo. IF should be ripped but lean, more like Charlie Cox than Stephen Amell.

LOL Brits can go to the gym same as everybody else. Need I remind you Superman and the former Batman were both Brits and had built physiques that looked the part? Daniel Craig and Tom Hardy say hello too. Hell, his fellow Brit GoT co-stars Kit Harington and Joe Dempsie are both in much better shape as well.

Arrow doesn't come close to DD in terms of fights. And Stephen's physique would be too bulky for someone like Iron Fist, imo. IF should be ripped but lean, more like Charlie Cox than Stephen Amell.

LOL Brits can go to the gym same as everybody else. Need I remind you Superman and the former Batman were both Brits and had built physiques that looked the part? Daniel Craig and Tom Hardy say hello too. Hell, his fellow Brit GoT co-stars Kit Harington and Joe Dempsie are both in much better shape as well.
oh I agree this is why I said I'd rather the micheal weston from burn notice physique that Jeffery donovan rocked . Damn Ihave make minor spelling correction above. but danny need's to be not as bulky. lean and ripped and cut is fine.

Last edited:
If I were Marvel, I'd try to get as many acclaimed asian directors as I can and just infuse the second season with an appreciation and love of Asian culture. Really embrace the beauty and substance of it all, including an almost all asian cast (not including Danny and Misty).

Follow that up with showing Danny actually changing as a character, calming down and centering himself. Small details including him actually summoning the Iron Fist easier/quicker for long amounts of time. No more boring slow scenes "showing" him focus, it should come quicker.

Then adapt Fraction/Brubaker's IF run and you're gold.

I doubt there will be a bigger influx of Asian culture. More Asian elements are probably only going to make the people that hate the idea of Caucasian Danny Rand even more mad (if they are still watching).

I doubt there will be a bigger influx of Asian culture. More Asian elements are probably only going to make the people that hate the idea of Caucasian Danny Rand even more mad (if they are still watching).

Depends on how they handle it. I think introducing Shang-Chi and having him be the best Martial Artist in the world would go a long way to fixing perceptions. Iron Fist isn't supposed to be the greatest martial artist, just the best Iron Fist.

Depends on how they handle it. I think introducing Shang-Chi and having him be the best Martial Artist in the world would go a long way to fixing perceptions. Iron Fist isn't supposed to be the greatest martial artist, just the best Iron Fist.

The other Iron Fists must've been really crap then.

It was a joke :sly:

the budget for season 2 better be much Larger since it's only 10 episodes.

I think it's because Buck has final say and he's in charge of shaping the story. Ultimately it's his vision that the writers and directors are following.

Yep. Its the same way that, for a movie, the ultimate blame for the movie not working lay with the director, unless there's clear reason to believe otherwise ( ie, the execs screwed him over ). They are the one in charge of bringing the vision to screen, with the actors and directors and writers following their lead. If any one part of that isn't working for an episode or a show, its the showrunner whose supposed to fix it or cut it.

I just finished the final episode. I'll start Defenders next weekend.

Iron Fist has great supporting characters, a good story and entertaining fight sequences.

However, I'm very important elements (or the lack of) disappointed me immensly

We got to see nothing of Kun Lan - the brief, hazy flashbacks amount to less than zero. The producers were either being cheap or just plain lazy in ignoring it.

And Danny Rand himself. He was just all over the place - at first a claim, focused man , then a petulant greedy child desperate to get his inheritance and after that an irrational thug with an explosive temper. He goes from hating Colleen for lying to embracing for no reason, from trying to get Colleen and Davos to get along to nearly killing one of Davos because he talked about Colleen exactly the way Danny had in the previous episode. He sets out to kill Harold and then suddenly decides he won't after he has impaled the man (in a moment of murderous rage). I've been told that Finn Jones is getting a lot of criticism. I can't comment on whether the guy is a good actor or not because I haven't seen him in enough to judge, but in Iron Fist the fault lies squarely with Scott Buck and the writers. They simply wrote Danny as an inconsistent character and there isn't much that an actor can do in a situation like that.

I'm hoping the writers on Defenders can improve him a little and that in Season 2 Scott Buck either gets his act together or a new show runner takes over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"