Iron Fist Iron Fist General Discussion Thread - Part 4

Discussion in 'Past Marvel Series' started by Thread Manager, Mar 17, 2017.

1. KevTravels Registered

I'm on episode 5. Gonna finish and head to bed. Will finish the rest after work tomorrow.

It's far better than season 1 (but season 1 was horrible, so....). The fighting is a lot better. DAVOS sucks though. I am loving Ward even more. Colleen and Misty are really captivating together.

Danny in episode 1 was a true highlight. It's nice when he is just relaxed.

2. Brian Braddock R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

^^^^^ agree with all of that. And I'm trying to like Sacha Dhawan as Davos, I really am, but I just cant. I just feel that he's been miscast.

3. So does you know who that finished it have their powers back somehow or is it the guns lighting up the fist ?

4. Manasrepublic Registered

Sammy Davos is just not a a convincing villain. He comes across as a man-child. Even Danny regresses into season 1 type behavior for a lot of it but this is still a much better season so far than last. Colleen is a bad ass and I wish they made Rand as much of a bad ass as her.

5. At this point they are probably writing Danny bad on purpose so that Colleen can look good. In other words they are Irising & Felcititing her

Manasrepublic likes this.
  6. Drizzle Most Metal Ever

I'm only four episodes in and even though I think it's about average, it is indeed a big step up from season one. Whereas literally every character from the first season besides Colleen and Gao got on my nerves, everyone is more or less better this season. I probably would have finished it by now if I didn't have Spider-Man for PS4 constantly distracting me from this. It's a good weekend to be a Marvel fan.

Shinobi Shaw likes this.
  7. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Good to hear that it’s an improvement.

8. kguillou Registered

I'm four eps in and...I'm liking it. Not loving it but its a huge step forward from season one in storytelling, characters and action. But its not blowing me away. This show, i think, lacks a unique vibe about it. DD, JJ and Luke Cage all have a style, attitude and tone about them that make them stand out. Iron Fist still feels like its trying to figure out what it wants to be. This SHOULD be an unabashed 13 hour throwback 70's Asian kung fu flick and I think it wants to be but it doesnt know how to achieve it. I'm waiting for something to impress me, like really impress me and pull me in.

9. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Is the martial arts action any better?

10. 2kt09 Snyder Rent-Free

It's shot & edited better with a couple standout moves here-n-there, but it's still mostly basic attacks ie not very artsy martial arts
    (based only on the first 2 episodes)

11. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Ok thanks.

12. Manasrepublic Registered

The fight scenes in Daredevil are much better but this series is definitely an improvement over the last so far!

13. kguillou Registered

Yeah Daredevil still outclasses this show by far in action. Daredevil's action scenes seem to pack more of a punch and have more ambition in their choreography. But so far, this is competently shot action.

14. Brian Braddock R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Yeah, DD is still the gold-standard but this show, while still flawed, has certainly improved.

15. kguillou Registered

I will say this, I LOVE the direction they've taken Ward this season. He seems like a completely different character and theyve pretty much ignored how he was in season one and it works. His brotherly relationship with Danny is a definite highlight.

Brian Braddock likes this.
  16. Silvermoon Made To Be Ruled

Just finished the last episode and the end of that ep. holy freakin’ heck!!!!!

All in all, definitely better than the first season (and I say that as someone that was actually okay with how s1 was)

17. Im good if Joy does not return in any possible season 3 was a waste of screen time. I get that she did not have all of the information but perhaps she should have given Danny & Ward a chance to explain things but blaming Danny for most of her silly issues. Does Joy even know what HER dad did to Danny's family ? Ward was somehow likeable with him owning up to his own crap

#867 Dilly Dilly, Sep 8, 2018
    Last edited by moderator : Sep 8, 2018
  18. kguillou Registered

Damn, I keep hearing this. The ending's that good? I'm halfway through and liking it so far.

19. Shinobi Shaw Hellfire Club's Black King

I’m almost done with episode 3 and so far the only one piquing my curiosity is Mary.

They get points for making Danny not as annoying as he was in S1 and Colleen is still my favorite character. I need to hurry up and catch these Misty episodes.

#869 Shinobi Shaw, Sep 8, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
    2kt09 likes this.
  20. Jack Ups Registered

I am so tired of them watering down characters...Typhoid Mary .... I didn't spot her in the show at all. Alice Eve was good but writing wise why steal a good DD baddie just for the show to use her with no resemblance to the comic counterpart....where was the face-paint and where was the fire... overall much better than season 1 but after watching it all over a 12 hour period I have already forgotten the majority of it.

21. KaijuDude1992 Registered

I'm 5 episodes in and so far it's definitely an improvement over the first season. In terms of pacing, writing and the action it's all much better, but I can't shake the feeling that this show is still missing something.

22. flickchick85 Admin of Might

Two things: A strong protagonist and a good villain.

23. The odds are that Netflix are not getting any more MARVEL characters. They should just merge their three weakest shows in Luke Cage, Iron Fist & Jessica Jones into Heroes For Hire & call it a day

#873 Dilly Dilly, Sep 8, 2018
    Last edited by moderator : Sep 8, 2018
  24. kguillou Registered

Not just that, but lately, Netlfix barely advertises these shows anymore so I think these Marvel shows are bringing in diminishing returns for them. I remember when Daredevil first came out, I'd see billboards and ads everywhere in NYC promoting it, same with JJ and Luke Cage and Iron Fist. Post- Defenders, I've definitely noticed a drastic drop in promotion for these shows.

25. Mike Murdock Registered

That doesn't really make any sense. If they're not allowed to have more shows, why reduce the number of shows that they do have?

I also don't see how people can watch Season Two of Luke Cage and Season Two of Iron Fist and think "Heroes for Hire makes sense right now."