Iron Man to be directed by Jon Favreau Rumor

Seriously, it is like you knew or something.

lol

Props to you advanced, your the one that said Favreau was up for Iron Man,even if it was a rumor.
Great Hire, now can we get a Iron Man hype forum.

^ I'd expect an Iron Man forum any day now. There should be one for the movie and one for the video game. All Marvel studio films will be supported by a video game based on or tied into the movie. All of them.

I wasn't really excited about iron man movie, but i really like jon's style, this should be good. I wonder what kind of movie it will be, considering he's so old school in his last couple of movies. I like that because I have a feeling he is going to try and do the armor justice, make it look like iron man. Plus his movies always have these feel they are just waiting to be epic.

I would imagine it has to be more contempary to appeal to today's audiences, like Avi Arad said these characters must be treated as if there actual living people, so Iron Man in my mind needs to feel Hi tec,cutting edge. Now, Jon has admitted he doesn't like using excessive CGI,which makes me wonder was Avi chose him for Iron Man which would be a CGI heavy film.

However, Jon did mention the motion capture, which I think is a great way to go. I think its the same way as a lot of the directers that don't like alot of CG, he will keep it grounded so to speak.

I hope several of Iron man's rogues gallery make it and they stay as far away from Howard Stark being the villian as possible.

Excellent choice for Favreau. He seems to carry the excitement and awe of a child with the talent and experience of an adult. I think he will do justice to Iron Man (or pretty much any venture he takes on).

I wonder if Vince Vaughn could pull of Start and James Caan could be his dad. Two of Fav's friends. Is Vaughn just too old? The real great news about this is Justin Timberlake is 100% for certain out of the mix. Maybe Cassavetes though could direct Punisher 2.

Vince Vaughn as Tony Stark? Oh, God, no! There are much better choices out there.

Friday, April 28, 2006

Iron Man
Category: Movies, TV, Celebrities

Iron Man will indeed be my next movie. Marvel is distributing it through Paramount which, for those of you playing at home, is also the studio that is developing John Carter of Mars. That project is still a huge priority for me and I am still very much attached to it both as a director and producer.

Iron Man is the first Marvel production under its new distribution arrangement. My hope is that this will be refelected in the quality of the movie. Their films are self-financed and, as a result, don't have to run the typical creative gauntlet of studio development. What Marvel says, goes.

As far as specifics, it will be set in the present and, as you would probably expect, includes a version of the origin story.

I have set up a MySpace discussion group. I will post new info there as things come together. The internet is full of faulty info. I wanted to have at least one place where the facts would be correct.

http://groups.myspace.com/ironmanmovie

w@llcrawler said:
Friday, April 28, 2006

Iron Man
Category: Movies, TV, Celebrities

Iron Man will indeed be my next movie. Marvel is distributing it through Paramount which, for those of you playing at home, is also the studio that is developing John Carter of Mars. That project is still a huge priority for me and I am still very much attached to it both as a director and producer.

Iron Man is the first Marvel production under its new distribution arrangement. My hope is that this will be refelected in the quality of the movie. Their films are self-financed and, as a result, don't have to run the typical creative gauntlet of studio development. What Marvel says, goes.

As far as specifics, it will be set in the present and, as you would probably expect, includes a version of the origin story.

I have set up a MySpace discussion group. I will post new info there as things come together. The internet is full of faulty info. I wanted to have at least one place where the facts would be correct.

http://groups.myspace.com/ironmanmovie

Nice find. I didn't catch that update I've been so busy this afternoon. :)

So where is the site For Iron Man in SHH?. I think the news about Jon Favreu as director for IM are official, and the production is ready to start this film.:up::up::cool::cool:

Yeah if that site's legit that'll be really convenient. It's sorta like how MSJ stops by here and gives us Ghost Rider updates from time to time.

HighVoltage said:
So where is the site For Iron Man in SHH?. I think the news about Jon Favreu as director for IM are official, and the production is ready to start this film.:up::up::cool::cool:

Well not exactly. The article said that Favs hoped to start shooting early next year, which is at least 7 months from now.

I wouldn't have thought Favreau for this film, but I think it is a great idea. This should be interesting to watch develop.

They should incorporate some politics into the film as well as the whole "arms race" taking place with the IM suit seen being seen as a threat.Mark Millar said it best when he said that Tony is basically a living breathing nuclear weapon.

I'm excited to see what favreau does with this project :)

So we've got a necro-post resurrected from seven years ago to taunt a guy for being wrong about the director of a movie that wouldn't come out for two more years. :whatever:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"