The Wolverine Is orgins still apart of the timeline now?

I was thinking, and Origins is "negated" in a way, since Wolverine remembers [BLACKOUT]Nagasaki[/BLACKOUT], prior to the events of Weapon X (maybe he doesn't lose every memory then?)

I just took it as one of the memories that came back to him. And it came back gradually throughout the movie, that's why he didn't clearly remember Yashida when they met again. It happens.

I don't remember all of Origins but then again neither does Logan:woot:

Origins was really terrible, would rather get a decent Weapon X film so that it can officially be considered non-canon

True. Logan seems to remember gradually (both Yashida, and when he [blackout]finds the place again[/blackout].

Also [blackout]remembers Kayla in a way[/blackout] :p

I think so, yes. I mean, they ARE going back to the 70s to stop stuff, and every X-film in the franchsie too place from the 80s on, so...

Unless Bryan has a plan to retcon only XMOW and X3. But that would mean they'd totally retcon TW, as well.

I agree. Stryker was referenced in FC has a role in DoFP in the 1970's. He is one of the principle villains in the movies. I am thinking if they change his destiny, you'd automatically retcon Origins. Also X-2 as well... :csad: A worthy sacrifice if you ask me.

I agree. Stryker was referenced in FC has a role in DoFP in the 1970's. He is one of the principle villains in the movies. I am thinking if they change his destiny, you'd automatically retcon Origins. Also X-2 as well... :csad: A worthy sacrifice if you ask me.

You CAN NOT retcon X2. That would be incredibly stupid to retcon that film out of the continuity.

Singer would've lost his mind if he does that.

With the way things are going i wouldn't even be surprised if DoFP retconed everything out of existence for them to start fresh

You CAN NOT retcon X2. That would be incredibly stupid to retcon that film out of the continuity.

I don't think you can change history since the First Class era to prevent the DOFP future without erasing a lot of things in between (from the looks of it, the DOFP future is about the same years than the original trilogy and The Wolverine)

But how do you retcon something in the 80's while preserving events in the 00's??? Unless the degree of retcon is so small that it any changes Singer makes won't even be significant.

So if you wipe out the Weapons X from Origins, then X-2 will be affected. There is still a lot of overlap between those two films. We need a reason as to why Logan had the procedure, and the only answers provided are in Origins.

So if Wolverine gets a redo, why wouldn't he just kill Stryker on the spot, given the opportunity?

But how do you retcon something in the 80's while preserving events in the 00's??? Unless the degree of retcon is so small that it any changes Singer makes won't even be significant.

So if you wipe out the Weapons X from Origins, then X-2 will be affected. There is still a lot of overlap between those two films. We need a reason as to why Logan had the procedure, and the only answers provided are in Origins.

So if Wolverine gets a redo, why wouldn't he just kill Stryker on the spot, given the opportunity?
I don't think it can be done. Origins will remain in continuity.

Logan probably won't go for Stryker. He totally should, but maybe won't get the chance, maybe his memory is fragmented a la Bishop in the animated series and he won't remember that he is responsible for so much pain in his life, I don't know

He's not going to do that.Retcon his own films:doh:

A strong case can be made SInger Is trying to do X2 on a much grander scale
with DOFP.

Stryker may be In DOFP to add more to character since he's main human villain for series.

They can do whatever they want with time travel.

Pretty sure the Stryker actor was on the set for more than a few days, and was announced only recently, so maybe it was a last minute addition although we have no way of knowing that. I'm thinking his scenes will tie into something, along with Havoc's scenes, regarding the fates of future characters. It won't be a throw away cameo. I also don't see them spending too much time in Vietnam, so even though Logan may have to escape Vietnam, Stryker may be hunting him throughout the movie, finally finding him at the end. Otherwise there is no reason to have his character in a DoFP movie.

So either there is a scene that directly leads into the events of the OT, like Stryker stumbling onto Cerebro and conconcting his grand plan in X2 years later, or something gets changed. It's 50/50 as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:
Maybe things are changed so that Stryker recruits Havok instead of other Team X member. Maybe Wade Wilson in the new continuity never meets stryker, and becomes a more familiar Deadpool.

There are incosistencies, but those are meant to be overlooked. Every X-movie is canon. Whether each viewer chooses to leave a movie out of his/her X-athon is his/her decision, but the fact is all the movies count, for better or worse.

Yea that's true, but its hard to consider all the movies canon with so many inconsistencies.

In First Class its shown that Cerebro was built by Hank. But in X1 Professor X says that he and Magneto built Cerebro.

In X1 Professor X says Cyclops, Jean, and Storm where like some of his first students, but none of them are shown or even referenced in First Class. Except Scott brother Havoc.

The Scott, Emma, and Professor X in Origins don't make sense. Plus other tidbits like Sabortooth appearance change from Origins to X1 and tons of other things.

The beginning of X3 with Professor X and Magneto makes no sense given the events of First Class. And other things I am missing.

Maybe things are changed so that Stryker recruits Havok instead of other Team X member. Maybe Wade Wilson in the new continuity never meets stryker, and becomes a more familiar Deadpool.

You are more than welcome to cling onto your fanboy wet dreams of a proper Deadpool version. But the film makers need to think logically before they make anymore drastic changes. We know Stryker had an interest in Scott from Origins. Havoc could be the beginning of that. Or maybe Sinister has been pulling the strings from the getgo and has been puppeting Stryker all this time. Or Stryker is Sinister... :wow:. These are the kind of logical changes I think the film makers are thinking about.

You are more than welcome to cling onto your fanboy wet dreams of a proper Deadpool version. But the film makers need to think logically before they make anymore drastic changes. We know Stryker had an interest in Scott from Origins. Havoc could be the beginning of that. Or maybe Sinister has been pulling the strings from the getgo and has been puppeting Stryker all this time. Or Stryker is Sinister... :wow:. These are the kind of logical changes I think the film makers are thinking about.

Thats one change in the canon, I wouldn't mind so much if it can make sense within the X film canon. To this day, I am still pissed at Origins for taking a dump on Deadpool. I mean its like they didn't care or even have knowledge or respect for the character. It was the biggest middle finger to X-men and Deadpool fans everywhere. I would actually like to know who actually came up with that crappy version of Deadpool and give him a piece of my mind ha ha.

Yea that's true, but its hard to consider all the movies canon with so many inconsistencies.

In First Class its shown that Cerebro was built by Hank. But in X1 Professor X says that he and Magneto built Cerebro.

Many people have brought this one up and its been explained multiple times.

They never said Charles and Erik invented Cerebro and the version Hank invented was destroyed. Professor X and Magneto may of built A Cerebro meaning the version we see in the Singer X-Men movies most likely.

Your other points are valid though :up:

They never said Charles and Erik invented Cerebro and the version Hank invented was destroyed. Professor X and Magneto may of built A Cerebro meaning the version we see in the Singer X-Men movies most likely.

Cerebro is obviously in the film next year, and they are going to have to build it. But what role would it serve? What mutant do they have to recover? Or could it just be to pinpoint Trask's location? Or the Sentinel base?

And I think Xavier only said "'cause he help me build it", not that they were the only ones building it. It could mean that both built upon the initial machine Hank made.

How? They part ways at the end of First Class right as Professor X is opening up the school for more students. The Cerebro at his mansion is not built yet, and the only person who could have helped him built another Cerebro at the school was Hank by the end of First Class. But I could be wrong, maybe the built they built a version of cerebro at the school but we just don't see them do it.

Cerebro is obviously in the film next year, and they are going to have to build it. But what role would it serve? What mutant do they have to recover? Or could it just be to pinpoint Trask's location? Or the Sentinel base?

Speaking of sentinel's, I am kinda disappointed they aren't the huge ones from the comics. But I guess it makes sense they are human sized sentinels for the movies. Also another inconsistency is that Trask is played by a black actor Bill Duke in Last Stand and now its being played by Peter Dinklage in Days of Future Past.

Last edited:
Speaking of sentinel's, I am kinda disappointed they aren't the huge ones from the comics. But I guess it makes sense they are human sized sentinels for the movies. Also another inconsistency is that Trask is played by a black actor Bill Duke in Last Stand and now its being played by Peter Dinklage in Days of Future Past.

We don't know the sze of sentinles In DOFP yet.

As for trask It's Emma frost all over again.Only the name secretary trask was used In Last stad.Not Boliver trask.And no indication of trask being a scientist.

Peter Dinklage on set pics looks closer to trask from comics than Bill DUke would.

Do people really prefer trask from last stand and emma In origins over reconned versions In first Class and DOFP?

We don't know the sze of sentinles In DOFP yet.

As for trask It's Emma frost all over again.Only the name secretary trask was used In Last stad.Not Boliver trask.And no indication of trask being a scientist.

Peter Dinklage on set pics looks closer to trask from comics than Bill DUke would.

Do people really prefer trask from last stand and emma In origins over reconned versions In first Class and DOFP?

I prefer the reconned versions in First Class and DOFP, but I was just bring up the issue of Trask because in the credits and on IMDB for Last Stand Bill Duke's character's full name is Boliver Trask.

IMDB Isn't a credable sole source.

Besides the star Trek franchise reconned the Klingons and Borg.The borg twice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"