It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's the Superman Costume Thread! - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which, when you think about it, makes no sense at all. TDKR could have afforded to wait until the last 4 months to show anything...MOS?...but ok, don't want to derail this topic with whining about the marketing. :woot:

So...that MOS suit...pretty damn amazing, isn't it? :word:

Which, when you think about it, makes no sense at all. TDKR could have afforded to wait until the last 4 months to show anything...MOS?...but ok, don't want to derail this topic with whining about the marketing. :woot:

So...that MOS suit...pretty damn amazing, isn't it? :word:

Honestly, i was not that blown away when i saw it. Maybe it was just the pic of Cavil on set, but i thought the colors were too dark and i was shocked at the absence of no red trunks. More pictures on set leaked, and it must of been the lighting, because the red and blue popped out a bit more. Once all the HQ insert shots of the suit and the chain mail texture of it were shown at the convention., i was sold, and i love it. It looked amazing in the shots of the comic con footage. The suit looks mature and dark, but nothing too dark or gothic. I love that the cape is longer than the past few films. Hopefully we get awesome shots of it billowing in the clouds.

Honestly, i was not that blown away when i saw it. Maybe it was just the pic of Cavil on set, but i thought the colors were too dark and i was shocked at the absence of no red trunks. More pictures on set leaked, and it must of been the lighting, because the red and blue popped out a bit more. Once all the HQ insert shots of the suit and the chain mail texture of it were shown at the convention., i was sold, and i love it. It looked amazing in the shots of the comic con footage. The suit looks mature and dark, but nothing too dark or gothic. I love that the cape is longer than the past few films. Hopefully we get awesome shots of it billowing in the clouds.

Comic con footage definitely had a few iconic cape billowing shots.

Those were my favorite shots. They just looked so damn good.

:up: They were the nails in the coffin on what sold me on the movie, and by default the costume.

I also heard rumors that they were doing some underwater green screen shooting to get a stylistic billowing effect as well.

:up: They were the nails in the coffin on what sold me on the movie, and by default the costume.

I also heard rumors that they were doing some underwater green screen shooting to get a stylistic billowing effect as well.

This film could blow, and it would still be visually amazing. I'm so excited to see what the film looks like. I loved the colors and saturation in the teaser trailer.

I've actually been thinking about how the hell they could add the trunks back in, have it make sense, and not be stupid...

They can't.
There is no going back, and they shouldn't. They could, but it would be a pointless creative move.

I don't want them back. I like that if I want to see my childhood Supes there is plenty of material from yesterday that I can browse through. I really, really like what we have now. It's just to bad that it's not in the new 52 Supes.

I wouldn't mind the classic suit coming back at all provided there's a damn good plot to the story which is what makes the difference in the first place.

On the other hand I wouldn't mind seeing a complete reinvention of the character either.

There is no going back, and they shouldn't. They could, but it would be a pointless creative move.

The same thing was said about other Kryptonian survivors in the late 80s, and looked how that turned out.

And I meant there is no way they could add the trunks back in as far as the MOS movies go. Comics: anything goes.

Last edited:
Face it guys were not getting the trunks in this series thats almost a guarantee, adding them back in would make absolutely no sense.

Maybe he'll get trunks in the sequel.
I could see it now. Superman looking in the mirror and thinking to himself "I wonder what this would look like with some red underwear on the outside of the suit?" He puts them on and goes back to the mirror and he thinks "Yeah that was totally a GREAT idea! Maybe this will keep everyone from looking at my crotch. I mean surely since my suit is pretty much all blue, the red will break up the blue and NOBODY will stare at my super junk anymore." He turns around and starts to walk away and he thinks to himself with a big grin on his face, "Kal, you are one sexy genius!" He then looks behind him and then another thought comes to his mind...."OMG, do these make my super ass look big?"
:oldrazz:

I could see it now. Superman looking in the mirror and thinking to himself "I wonder what this would look like with some red underwear on the outside of the suit?" He puts them on and goes back to the mirror and he thinks "Yeah that was totally a GREAT idea! Maybe this will keep everyone from looking at my crotch. I mean surely since my suit is pretty much all blue, the red will break up the blue and NOBODY will stare at my super junk anymore." He turns around and starts to walk away and he thinks to himself with a big grin on his face, "Kal, you are one sexy genius!" He then looks behind him and then another thought comes to his mind...."OMG, do these make my super ass look big?"
:oldrazz:

:pal: Imagine though, if Superman just appears with red trunks in the sequel, with no explanation.

superman_trunks-1.jpg

Can anyone offer a feasible explanation for Supes deciding to add trunks to his costume other than 'Lois, it's not underwear - it's a special Kryponian battle-resistant garbage retaining system'?

Can anyone offer a feasible explanation for Supes deciding to add trunks to his costume other than 'Lois, it's not underwear - it's a special Kryponian battle-resistant garbage retaining system'?
"They're silly and camp, Clark." - "Lois, it's called aesthetics 101. It breaks up the monotony of all that blue." :funny:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"