It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's the Superman Costume Thread! - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
This film could blow, and it would still be visually amazing. I'm so excited to see what the film looks like. I loved the colors and saturation in the teaser trailer.

If the film is visually amazing, it can't blow. That's a paradox for me personally.

byrnesuperman.jpg

Meh, maybe they'll be back.

That is such an awesome picture. That's my Superman right there. :woot: I am so glad I chose Superman as a kid... or did it choose me?

Byrne's Superman's the best. :up:

Can anyone offer a feasible explanation for Supes deciding to add trunks to his costume other than 'Lois, it's not underwear - it's a special Kryponian battle-resistant garbage retaining system'?

Nope.

If the film is visually amazing, it can't blow. That's a paradox for me personally.

So you thought Transformers: Dark of the Moon didn't blow?

Byrne's Superman's the best. :up:

QFT. That image is quintessential in my book.

And by the way, just thought I'd toss this out there for reaction/discussion:

0135-0008.jpg

Last edited:
Nope.

0135-0008.jpg

OMG Haha, i was just about to post about Bay's films. A film can look visually amazing, but have a **** plot/storyline, AKA Transformers 2

Last edited:
I'm sorry but who wears underwear on the outside like that?! Of course it looks ridiculous.

:woot:

The only reason Superman pulled it off, is because well, he's kind of a bad-ass. :woot:

I'm sorry but who wears underwear on the outside like that?! Of course it looks ridiculous.

:woot:

Apparently sportsmen from the 30's... like that guy. I don't think it looks ridiculous in the right context. I think the idea was just to add another layer over tights for "modesty" purposes. Takes balls to step into the ring wearing that getup if you ask me.

I believe that the tights add a mythical, imaginative nature to superheroes.... figuratively. But feasibly? No, sorry. Some things are just the way they are.
Some insight on the subject:http://beamsandstruts.com/articles/item/671-superman

That is a fantastic article :up: Comic heroes really are in a sense time capsules of ideas.

Last edited:
Nope.

0135-0008.jpg

AHAHAHAHAHA sorry that´s Funny :woot:

The only reason Superman pulled it off, is because well, he's kind of a bad-ass. :woot:

When a man can turn a mountain into a parking lot with his fists, you let him wear whatever the hell he wants.

Has that picture been manipped? The colors look a little more vibrant than is other pics I've seen.
You know, i was thinking the same thing, but there is another pic of Henry in the suit, taking a picture with a little boy, and the colors in both pictures are similar.

Has that picture been manipped? The colors look a little more vibrant than is other pics I've seen.

Yes, it's a fan pic. This manip is a combination of like 3 or 4 set pics plus the vault pic they released.

I Agree! It's freaking amazing. I was going through all the set pics (again!) after a LOOONG period of no news one day. I had an "AW MAAN" moment when I noticed it. What tipped me off was the cape, then his head looked like another picture, and then it was how the lighting was exactly the same as another, so on and so forth. lol Best I've ever seen.

tumblr_mcshjwwyLW1qd7owgo1_500.jpg

Last edited:
^that maniped picture, for me at least, shows that the trunks weren't really necessary to begin with. I'm glad that they decided to rip the bandaid off and remove them. If they want to reach a bigger audience they have to show they are doing a few things different. Even if the movie will pretty much be something we have seen.

I think, had wearing trunks been part of everyday lifestyle at some point in our history than I could see the reason for keeping it. But they never were.

^that maniped picture, for me at least, shows that the trunks weren't really necessary to begin with. I'm glad that they decided to rip the bandaid off and remove them. If they want to reach a bigger audience they have to show they are doing a few things different. Even if the movie will pretty much be something we have seen.

I think, had wearing trunks been part of everyday lifestyle at some point in our history than I could see the reason for keeping it. But they never were.

Round and round we go lol.

Last edited:
Isn't the cape fake in that picture? Either way it looks badass

The cape is from the picture in your avi. :yay:

Apparently Clark got a buzz-cut in Flyby?

Great find.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back