It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's the Superman Costume Thread! - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The muscles look good. The colors are a bit on the dark side, but okay. The texture makes it look way too busy. And the belt down still looks really bad to me.

Are you mocking me? Or being for real?

I'm not mocking you, but I was being sarcastic. :cwink:

I don't particularly disagree that the inside of the shield is yellow. It just doesn't look like that in the image. Like I said: to my eyes, it's either bronze or there's just so much dirt in that (originally yellow) area that it looks bronze.

Found this on Photobucket. I think it illustrates the evolution of the Superman suit pretty well!

ThroughTheAges_zps50bdabb6.jpg

That suit actually looks really good, no to Cage as Supes though.

Sculpted rubber muscles are ugh.

That suit actually looks really good, no to Cage as Supes though.

I thought so to. With the right actor, that suit would really work. I'd like to see Cavill and Chris Reeve manipped in that suit!

Don't know if anyone has seen this yet but ...... this is what we could have got!

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/images/superman-lives/130128-Cage.jpg

Image is so huge I'll link it rather than post the image!

Wow, I never would have thought that I'd see Nic in the actual suit. It looks just as weird as his hairline :oldrazz:. Though this isn't the shiny rainbow-blue suit from the other videos, which is kind of a downer, because I actually think that suit was pretty cool. Nice find though.

Saw this on Screenrant and thought I'd share. This seemed like as good a place as any. Maybe it'll help someone scrub those godawful Nic Cage pics out of their brain.

168sjkl.jpg

I posted this yesterday...it's pretty cool

Talk about emphasizing the male anatomy. Cage's suit is far worse than Cavill's in term's of drawing attention to his package. The crotch on that suit reminds me of Ace and Gary from SNL.

Talk about emphasizing the male anatomy. Cage's suit is far worse than Cavill's in term's of drawing attention to his package. The crotch on that suit reminds me of Ace and Gary from SNL.

Hahaha..yes!! That's the one bad part of the suit

If they fix the trunks by deemphasizing the man junk and making them a little less underwear-like, the suit is really pretty good. Still beats that Routh suit though and IT PROVES that rubber could work for Superman if designed right!

As it is, the suits we typically get these days in comics don't seem so far off from rubber at that, they're just not molded muscles anymore. They avoid spandex or plain cloth, it's always some new space age material.

here's a little gem one of my fx buddies gave me and yes it's real

521732_424793874264520_889885128_n_zpsa81e7efe.jpg

They seemed to continue with the rubber muscle sculpting like the Batman movies, still am curious how they were going to fix the issue with Cage's receding hairline, we can't have a balding Supes now can we?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"