It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's the Superman Costume Thread! - Part 3

My favourite scene with the suit, was out at Edwards AFB when Superman was telling the General etc. about the phantom drive. In that scene Henry looked large and in charge, and was the absolute embodiment of Kurt swann's Superman. You could see every muscle and the details around the waist really worked and popped, and the way Henry delivered his lines (which let's face it is routine SciFi gobbledy goop) in that scene was also excellent. That scene is for me where he became the fully formed perfect Superman that I was hoping he would be. Amazing!

My thoughts exactly!! Almost word for word haha. No, seriously, there was some sort of change in his voice that made me immediately KNOW that HE IS SUPERMAN now.

if they do make a sequel, i would like to see some changes... nothing major or anything, just small tweaks

Last edited:
My favourite scene with the suit, was out at Edwards AFB when Superman was telling the General etc. about the phantom drive. In that scene Henry looked large and in charge, and was the absolute embodiment of Kurt swann's Superman. You could see every muscle and the details around the waist really worked and popped, and the way Henry delivered his lines (which let's face it is routine SciFi gobbledy goop) in that scene was also excellent. That scene is for me where he became the fully formed perfect Superman that I was hoping he would be. Amazing!

Ha, I know that shot. Also, when he's on the stairs with his arms on the railing, calling for Martha as she gets the photo albums. Looked huge there.

And the colours were incredible when he's on the ground after being hit with that energy bolt (right after the 'And it hurts, doesn't it?!' moment.)

Great suit.

I really liked the suit in this. I never thought I'd say it, but I even really liked the darker colors. Easily the best live action suit. All of the costume design was excellent.

Maybe nothing, but did the colors seem a bit more primary and brighter in the scene when he drops the spy plane? Perhaps an indicator of a brighter palette in the sequel?

It's a pretty sexy looking S, too.

Reminds me of that delightful double-entendre in the first few episodes of Superman: TAS when Lois first sees a picture of Superman.

Lois: Nice "S".
Clark: Excuse me?

I really liked the suit in this. I never thought I'd say it, but I even really liked the darker colors. Easily the best live action suit. All of the costume design was excellent.

Maybe nothing, but did the colors seem a bit more primary and brighter in the scene when he drops the spy plane? Perhaps an indicator of a brighter palette in the sequel?

Agreed. From my perspective, the colors also looked noticeably brighter in the shot where Supes is struggling to regain his footing in front of the safe door. If you watch the video again (Superman vs Faora: Anatomy of a Scene), the part I'm referring to can be seen at about 1:28 or 1:29.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNS8HgJw8ZA

I think brighter looks better.

Agreed. From my perspective, the colors also looked noticeably brighter in the shot where Supes is struggling to regain his footing in front of the safe door. If you watch the video again (Superman vs Faora: Anatomy of a Scene), the part I'm referring to can be seen at about 1:28 or 1:29.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNS8HgJw8ZA
Yep. You're definitely right. And by the way Snyder talks about that safe door shot like it's his baby, it's not crazy to think he spent some extra time doctoring up the colors.

It would be a nice visual if over the course of a trilogy the color palette of the films got richer and more vibrant, adding to the growing optimism. MOS started in the dark of uncertain times. It progresses from there.

Great suit, simple, minimalistic but almost perfect.

Yep. You're definitely right. And by the way Snyder talks about that safe door shot like it's his baby, it's not crazy to think he spent some extra time doctoring up the colors.

It would be a nice visual if over the course of a trilogy the color palette of the films got richer and more vibrant, adding to the growing optimism. MOS started in the dark of uncertain times. It progresses from there.
I'm up for that

After my third viewing I really cannot get over how slick and beautiful the suit looked on screen, it has to be my favorite comic book film costume ever made, I mean honestly name something that even compares.

I really hope when Batman shows up again, they use this style for his new suit.

I will say it is just as good as the Sam Raimi Spideer-Man costumes...which were designed by the same man. He knows how to reinvent the costumes for this medium while keeping their authenticity.

I will add the Iron Man costumes are pretty flawless, as well.

I think it could use brighter colors for the sequel, and a slightly shorter cape. But overall, I say keep the suit.

if they change the cape attachment they deserve hell. :)

if they find a nice and better way to break up the torso and legs i am in.

there is only one thing that needs ot be changed. like for real. they need to find a better material for the shield. a lot of times the shild was different color like the cape. the cape didnt reflect the lighting around but the shield did since it had a sheen. they change this and they won.

As previously stated, I'd like the blue on the suit to appear a little more vibrant in the sequel. The way it looks when he's rising in front of the safe door is spot on for me. I also think the costume could benefit from minor improvements in the abdominal section. Aside from that, it's perfect! I'm very happy with the design.

this is what i desire for the sequel...

I'm not a fan of the red bands there. It just heightens how they really weren't sure what to replace the undies with?

Besides they look like arrows pointing to...*cough*

I hope they eventually release an HD release of that shot so sick.

personally, i dont agree. i think there needs to be somethin on the sides still to help with balance. i like the MoS suit, but it's not perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"