Pokémon It's the Pokemon thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did someone in here say Fairy type? Is that really the new Pokémon type this gen?

Yeah. There will be new Fairy type Pokemon along with some older Pokemon getting an upgrade to the Fairy Type

So far, a lot of the leaks have proven true. Most notably:

Fairy-type is real, and it is indeed strong against Dragons
You do have mutliple "rivals", one of which was supposed to be a fat kid (and that has been confirmed)
Sky Battles are confirmed.
Many old Pokémon were said to gain Fairy as a type, a whole list was given, and Gardevoir, Marril, and Jigglypuff were on that list; its been confirmed that they will be part Fairy.
EVs/IVs were rumored to be altered/buffed/worked on, and it was confirmed that the player will have more control over these "hidden" mecahnics

There were a lot of other rumored leaks. The ones I'm banking on now is the Starters' final types (Fire/Psychic, Grass/Dark, Water/Fighting), and their final forms (Chespin was stated to ultimately evolve into a big Pokémon who looks like it's wearing "football" gear made from leaves and spikey wood covering its head, knees, shoulders, and chest).

Introduction of fairy type is a nerf to dragons. Now depending how wide the move pool and resistances, this could greatly change the game. Hoping it resists rock/fighting

ice could use a resist buff. Horrid typing defensively

Ice needs help. There's no reason to use an ice type. Everything kills them

Ice needs some resistances since it only resists against Ice. It should resist Water and maybe Grass, too. It is a strong offensive type, so it shouldn't become too good defensively.

I want to see a Fairy/Ghost type. Not for its stats or anything, I just want to see what kind of design it would have. Sort of like a benevolent ghost? All the ghost types so far seem to be kinda evil-ish.

I want to see a Fairy/Ghost type. Not for its stats or anything, I just want to see what kind of design it would have. Sort of like a benevolent ghost? All the ghost types so far seem to be kinda evil-ish.

Rumplestiltskin comes to mind....

Dark/fairy should be pretty creepy too

Last edited:

I'd bet it'd still be evil. Read nearly any original fairy tale, the fae are not to be trifled with. Better yet, take a good long look at Clefairy. That ****er is evil incarnate.

I want to be able to put Casper the friendly ghost in a ****ing Pokeball. :o

Misty's Starmie is always a pain in the ass, especially if you start with charmander. Since she only as 2 pokemon, her Starmie is a stupid high level.

I never had a problem beating Misty, even with selecting Charmander. Maybe it was because I knew a secret way to beat her....

well....sure if you wanted to do that. But my "secret" was doing it the hard way. I just leveled up my Charmander until he evolved into Charizard, by that time even with water attacks he could beat Misty and her Pokémon.

That's not exactly a cheat nor a secret.... Its more of a "wow that's time consuming" i mean... You could level up anything and make it easier

Yeah, like if we're talking old school R/B, I would always have my Charmeleon (by then it would be a Charmeleon) at above Misty's Starmie's level and I'd have used my Mega Punch TM on it. One Mega Punch would OHKO it.

Ok with a new more powerful console am I the only one who wants to change the party set up. I was. Thinking about it and maybe raising the number to 8. It's more but not drastic.

I hate having to go without certain types or losing a spot to an hm slave.

Ok with a new more powerful console am I the only one who wants to change the party set up. I was. Thinking about it and maybe raising the number to 8. It's more but not drastic.

I hate having to go without certain types or losing a spot to an hm slave.

Up it to 24 in the bag. But you can set 6 as your default party. Maybe utter lets you pick your party before each fight. Or you can choose an option for it to go straight to your default

I don't think it should change. Other RPGs still have it that you only have 3-4 active characters. Maybe add a special PC box that lets you remotely swap between your party and maybe 4 or 6 other Pokemon. That way you can quickly access your HM slaves or other Pokemon you're working on training without having to fly to the nearest Pokemon center to get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"