The Amazing Spider-Man Jamie Foxx IS Electro

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty surprised with this announcement. The only African American villain has been The Kingpin in DareDevil, right? I hope he does good with the role. I definitely hope they break the whole good guy gone bad thing. I understand with Connors, but not Ock or Sandman.

Definitely an intriguing yet odd idea. He is a good actor though, so it would be cool to see him go all evil. and yes.. no turn good in the last few minutes of the movie. Keep him a true villain through and through.

I wonder if gwen will die in this one...they will have to also cast the goblin.

Well I'm not very enthused by this news to be honest with you. And its got nothing to do with changing race its that Jamie Foxx just doesn't seem to fit the role in any way for me. There are many actors of all kinds of races and nationalities that imo would be a better fit.

But at the same time I don't really believe this news either, I think it was just a rumour that turned into a little prank.

I wanted the pilot from Firefly to play Electro.. Ah well.

Guess Vincent's existential ramblings and teachings ....sparked something in Max's heart.

So much win in this post! :D

All I have to say in regards to this possible casting choice...Heath Ledger.

Everyone was up in arms when Heath was cast and look at the performance he gave. Jamie Foxx is a VERY talented actor. I have faith he could bring something awesome to the table.

I'm very excited for this possibility. As someone else mentioned, Duncan's iteration of Kingpin is by far my favorite now. Maybe Foxx's will join that list!

I'll wait for more info on this

I'm a big Jamie Foxx fan but I'm not sure about this. Inspired casting doesn't mean good casting.

Marc Webb just (sorta) yeased that Foxx is in fact playing Electro.

“What?!” Webb replied when I asked him about the casting news. The director made it clear he was feigning ignorance, and followed up with a very political (yet calculatedly non-committal) answer.

“Look, Jamie Foxx is a genius actor, and I think he’s electrifying. That’s my standard quote right now,” Webb told me, with a laugh. “But I think he’s a brilliant actor. From his work back in In Living Color to Ray to what he did in Ali, he’s just one of the great character actors of our generation.”

http://www.fandango.com/movieblog/a...-calls-him-electrifying-exclusive-724478.html

yes and outside these parts the ASM haters are still the vocal minority.

The vocal minority?

Hahaha, are you serious?

The minority is how many people actually enjoy TAS-M more than the first two Raimi films.

Personally I know more people who hated TDKR than ASM, but the last thing I want is a Spider-Man vs. Batman flame war.

I would have to say that it's much the other way around with my circle of friends if we're talking about personally or even on here when we have a poll to ask what was the best CBM of 2012 and while both Avengers and TDKR had 100+ votes...TAS-M had 11. Yes, you read it correctly; 11. And needless to say, TDKR had more votes than Avengers to boot.

Last edited:
I'm pretty surprised with this announcement. The only African American villain has been The Kingpin in DareDevil, right? I hope he does good with the role. I definitely hope they break the whole good guy gone bad thing. I understand with Connors, but not Ock or Sandman.

On a film, yes, I believe Duncan was the first African American villain in a CBM if you don't count Richard Pryor.

I wanted the pilot from Firefly to play Electro.. Ah well.

I wasn't thinking for a moment and I thought, for some idiotic reason, that you meant the entire first episode, lol.

Jamie foxx ugh... I cant stand him I hated when the cast him django over idris Elba and I hate this casting too.

I'm taking a wait and see approach if this news is true. We all know people have prematurely dismissed casting decisions in the past.

I'm taking a wait and see approach if this news is true. We all know people have prematurely dismissed casting decisions in the past.

Your avvy is living proof.

All the hatred over Hathaway getting the role of Selina Kyle :funny:

I mean...I guess that's cool. Foxx can be serious (Collateral)..but I just don't see this being a case where I'm crapping myself over how good of a choice he is.

On a film, yes, I believe Duncan was the first African American villain in a CBM if you don't count Richard Pryor.

I wasn't thinking for a moment and I thought, for some idiotic reason, that you meant the entire first episode, lol.

Well it IS a great episode, but nahh..xD

I mean...I guess that's cool. Foxx can be serious (Collateral)..but I just don't see this being a case where I'm crapping myself over how good of a choice he is.

Hopefully that is never the case.

There was once a Jamie Foxx episode where he played a cowboy and let me tell you he was good in that. Even in a comedy playing a cowboy, he showed how to play a tough cowboy. He will easily outshine everyone in Django I'm going to trust that he was not just cast for the hell of it. There was no reason to cast him other than he was the only guy who fit the vision they have for Electro. Trust me.

This is quite surprising, but I have a feeling that many of you will look awfully silly in two years when Jaime Foxx actually does a fantastic job as Electro, which I think he will. Webb must have seen something in him that goes well with the characterization he has for Electro.

I don't want to sound like a TASM fanboy or anything, but all I have to say is Heath Ledger and Tom Hardy. IIRC people were saying bad things about those choices before TDK and TDKR came out. Im just saying it could turn out really well. We just have to wait and see

Intriguing choice, Jamie Foxx is a pretty good actor(more so than his music...ugh...). Its quite different than I expected but very cool to be getting Electro as a villain!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"