Jared Leto IS The Joker - - - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
What chance that the facial damage The Joker suffers precipitates the cosmetic removal of facial tissue, possibly including the facial tattoos.

"They [the tattoos] were his idea but there was a lot to play with. Who knows what will end up in the final film?"

Hmmm.

Great interview. Glad Leto had fun with it. He seems very picky.

What chance that the facial damage The Joker suffers precipitates the cosmetic removal of facial tissue, possibly including the facial tattoos.
Either way, they shouldn't feel married to them for future appearances - especially if they are an Ayer-specific aesthetic. The Joker likes to reinvent himself, so if he grows bored of his current look he'd take the necessary steps to wipe the slate clean as it were.

Quite so. I hope that we don't wipe Leto along with that slate, however, as he seems very promising in the role - certainly the most naturally fitting actor for the role to date.

Would you be willing to edit the grenade photo without the tattoos?

If it's not too much trouble. :up:

Sure. And if anyone has a screenshot from that 3Gig trailer, I'd love to do it again, because this one I got from youtube and is a little pixelated.

VdCWivr.jpg

Goddamn, it just looks so much better without the tats.

I'll just imagine them away when I watch the film.

Either way, they shouldn't feel married to them for future appearances - especially if they are an Ayer-specific aesthetic. The Joker likes to reinvent himself, so if he grows bored of his current look he'd take the necessary steps to wipe the slate clean as it were.

I'm looking forward to Ayer's reasoning for the tats since he was so specific about them.

I don't even notice the tattoos much anymore, although I never had a problem with them in the first place. I do think they add a little something extra to the character and I have always looked at Leto as a modern day Joker...if the Joker was a real person today, I'm sure he would have tattoos.

I am beyond excited about this version of the Joker...I know he is getting a lot of crap...but, Hey, so did Heath....
I think what Leto is doing is nothing short of amazing...for me to get excited every time I see him in the trailer or a pic on the internet or hear that laugh or voice, is very special. This kind of stuff means so much to a lot of people...for most of us on here, this is bigger than just some movie... its our childhood coming to the big screen and we all just want it to be as perfect as possible.

I have no doubt that Leto along with everyone else will absolutely nail each of their roles in the movie.
We live in a great time!

I'd probably replace the tattoos with more scars. It'd be a great opportunity to show him having survived trauma after trauma. Really play into the history of the character as someone with an almost supernatural ability to survive. And it gives his skin more texture without him just being a wall of white.

It probably would've been too graphic or extreme, but I thought it might've been a cool idea for him to have shark bite scars - a little nod to that particular story arc.

I'd probably replace the tattoos with more scars. It'd be a great opportunity to show him having survived trauma after trauma. Really play into the history of the character.

It probably would've been too graphic or extreme, but I thought it might be a cool idea for him to have shark bite scars - a little nod to that particular story arc.

hmmmm.... not a bad idea there.
but I guess maybe Leto/Ayer wanted to stay away from the whole scar thing...
Not sure how old this Joker is supposed to be... I remember Leto saying something about this Joker being older than you think... I'm guessing he is around the same age as Batman?

Unsurprisingly, he looks better without the tattoo on his forehead in those pictures.

People are still can't get over the tats? Maybe we should watch the film first?

I'm looking forward to Ayer's reasoning for the tats since he was so specific about them.
Ayer’s plain obsessed with ink artwork, I doubt there’s more to it than bringing Joker into that world and making it character-appropriate.

People are still can't get over the tats? Maybe we should watch the film first?
I'm not exactly sure how seeing the movie is going to change someone's mind about the tattoos. It's an aesthetic issue.

They will be less noticeable in motion, but there it is.

Ayer’s plain obsessed with ink artwork, I doubt there’s more to it than bringing Joker into that world and making it character-appropriate.
There just has to be a reason for Ayer to put "damaged" on his forehead and God's Only Son on his body.

Ayer seems to have covered everything in this movie. I don't think its there for no reason. People with serious art work don't just have it cause its cool. There is a meaning behind it.

There's meaning behind them, but there's no need for them to be explained in the movie.

There just has to be a reason for Ayer to put "damaged" on his forehead and God's Only Son on his body.

Ayer seems to have covered everything in this movie. I don't think its there for no reason. People with serious art work don't just have it cause its cool. There is a meaning behind it.

You'd be surprised.... My BIL has tattoos just because he thinks they look cool....Went and got a piece of artwork I told him about and didn't even know the meaning behind it until I told him after he got it.... Now he doesn't think its so cool anymore.

But in this case, I do think there is a reason behind the tattoos for the Joker...

Usually it's because they have poor taste, but I presume Ayer has given some thought to The Joker's inkings.

The JOKER tattoo across his torso is self-explanatory. As are the "HA HA HA'''s. As is the Batman logo. As is the bird tattoo. As is the J on his face. As is the smile on his arm.

I'm sure Ayer didn't pull "damaged" out of a hat.

probably because he's the antichrist supah star, bruh :

tumblr_na6kqtUfcz1r3vteao1_500.gif

Jared-Leto-Joker-Tattoos-Teeth.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member