Jared Leto IS The Joker - - - - - - - - Part 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Jared. But this movie was so embarrassing!

What good actors and actresses do for an easy paycheck in hollywood is so sad to see.

I'm pretty sure based on his interviews that he wasn't expecting to have the bulk of his stuff cut out. Now whether the stuff that was removed would have improved Joker or the movie overall is another story.

If this is a one and done for Jared is it possible we won't see a Joker recast for quite some time?

If this is a one and done for Jared is it possible we won't see a Joker recast for quite some time?

I actually hope it is a one and done. However I do hope they get another actor and Joker does show up in the Batman solo film. Such a great character to waste like this.

Hard to say. It seems like an awful lot of people like Jared and Margot's chemistry as a couple. And Margot talks like she wants Jared for the Harley spin off, so who knows?

I can't believe I just realized this now, but the robin and the ha ha ha tattoos are visible in the first Joker photo that David Ayer posted on twitter.
tumblr_ocea7jvf161tdzqe9o1_1280.jpg

IGN bought up an interesting point that even if they do recast at this point the shadow of Ledger at least won't be looming so large over the next Joker since we have now gone past that hurdle.

Personally I hope he does return, Jared did enough to leave his mark on the role IMO and recasting would just be odd at this point. And I would just about give up on the DCEU if they did something absurd like make his character the "fake Joker" while the real one is still out there.

I just think they neutered his character. Perfect example is the night club scene we know from the deleted scenes Joker basically mindf***s Monster T into committing suicide now this would of been a cool Joker moment in the film right? But instead we just get to see Mr J shoot him (offscreen) followed by some obnoxious neon lighting effects (couldn't stand them in the intros by the way).

IGN bought up an interesting point that even if they do recast at this point the shadow of Ledger at least won't be looming so large over the next Joker since we have now gone past that hurdle.

Personally I hope he does return, Jared did enough to leave his mark on the role IMO and recasting would just be odd at this point. And I would just about give up on the DCEU if they did something absurd like make his character the "fake Joker" while the real one is still out there.

I just think they neutered his character. Perfect example is the night club scene we know from the deleted scenes Joker basically mindf***s Monster T into committing suicide now this would of been a cool Joker moment in the film right? But instead we just get to see Mr J shoot him (offscreen) followed by some obnoxious neon lighting effects (couldn't stand them in the intros by the way).

Oh God that would be such a slap across the face :/

The night club scene really had me pissed after I realized what just happened... How AWESOME of a scene would that have been for Joker to get inside Monster T's head to make some kill himself... wow. What could have been. I really hope that we get to see or hear about these scenes in their entirety in some way ,shape or form.

Oh God that would be such a slap across the face :/

Yeah, yet I see plenty of people suggesting this on the internet but if WB actually did pull a stunt like this they would be trashed for lacking vision/back peddling, no win situation really.

Jared is the Joker we have right now and unless he backs out himself WB should stick to their guns IMO.

Yeah, yet I see plenty of people suggesting this on the internet but if WB actually did pull a stunt like this they would be trashed for lacking vision/back peddling, no win situation really.

Jared is the Joker we have right now and unless he backs out himself WB should stick to their guns IMO.

They're just haters, it seems it's popular lately to hate on Jared :csad:

I've read some people (not necessarily on here) say that there wasn't enough of Jared Leto's Joker to say he was great but them they say he's the worst Joker ever. How can there not be enough of him to rate him as great but there is to rate him bad?

I've read some people (not necessarily on here) say that there wasn't enough of Jared Leto's Joker to say he was great but them they say he's the worst Joker ever. How can there not be enough of him to rate him as great but there is to rate him bad?

People can rate performance based on however screentime much they want, but it's not exactly fair when one is judging a cameo that wasn't even intended as cameo but is a supporting performance cut to shreds by a studio. It's actually worse than judging Batfleck JUST based on Squad because it seems to me his scene with Deadshot and Waller were both complete. Jared didn't even have that much, everything was shortened.

Really to me, Leto has potentional to be great. From what I seen, he's easily the most egotistical Joker and whilst we didn't get a lot of jokes, it might be due to the lack of scenes.

But the helicopter scene was pure joker.

And..I been wondering this..was this Joker wearing make up or bleached? Because at times, his neck looked normal skin colour

Really to me, Leto has potentional to be great. From what I seen, he's easily the most egotistical Joker and whilst we didn't get a lot of jokes, it might be due to the lack of scenes.

But the helicopter scene was pure joker.

And..I been wondering this..was this Joker wearing make up or bleached? Because at times, his neck looked normal skin colour

I'm guessing given the whole Harley jumping into chemicals thing, bleached.

Scenes I did like with Leto's Joker and would like to see more:
1) Asylum scenes (and those Joker henchmen - so freaking cool);
2) Batman chase (pure BTAS);
3) "Where is she?";
4) Chemical wedding;
5) Helicopter scenes (perfection).

Scenes I didn't like:
1) Club (I just don't like this Joker as a mob boss thing);
2) "Blah blah blah" and hand kissing;
3) Breaking Harley out (not flashy enough, unlike his own escape).

Scenes I did like with Leto's Joker and would like to see more:
1) Asylum scenes (and those Joker henchmen - so freaking cool);
2) Batman chase (pure BTAS);
3) "Where is she?";
4) Chemical wedding;
5) Helicopter scenes (perfection).

Scenes I didn't like:
1) Club (I just don't like this Joker as a mob boss thing);
2) "Blah blah blah" and hand kissing;
3) Breaking Harley out (not flashy enough, unlike his own escape).

I will say that I enjoyed the hand kissing scene, although we all know there was more to it that we didn't see. I really enjoyed the purring...really added a level to this joker I think. The club thing for me was a bit weird, but I think again, had we seen the entire scene, probably would have been better. I did not like the whole "oh, you don't want no beef" but I did like the part about Harley being the itch in his crotch.

Dammit WB and Ayer...WE WANT THOSE DELETED SCENES AND WE WANT THEM NOW! :)

Dammit WB and Ayer...WE WANT THOSE DELETED SCENES AND WE WANT THEM NOW! :)
Yes we freaking do. Harl throwing away her "Puddin" choker looks freaking absurd in the theatrical cut. In context of the movie. Jesus...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"