Jared Leto IS The Joker - - - - - - - Part 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
His "Harley Quinn" line in the club scene was dreadful. The definition of trying too hard imho.

Yeah that made me cringe, and who can forget such classics like "this handsome HONKA HONKA" and "I've got some grape soda on ice and a bear skin rug waiting"

So now he's suddenly a bad actor according to some fanboys. He's not Johnny Depp yet, geez.

Not true. Ayer hismelf said he specifically wanted only some of those tattoos plus they changed Joker's wardrobe once Leto signed. Leggings, unbuttoned shirts... that's definitely from Leto's head.
Yea I don't recall that, article anywhere? I seem to remember Leto saying that Ayer was hell bent on the tats and that Jared just contributed to shaving his brows and a few wardrobe choices.

No I think a lot of people sincerely do not like Leto's choices not just .2 seconds of it and they don't have to list them to make their opinion valid to them.
I didn't say that was the only thing they didn't like, I was comparing the lip smacking to the growling as an example. Also, why shouldn't they list their reasons? If you're going to criticize a performance then actually critique it with valid reasons.

Last edited:
Yeah that made me cringe, and who can forget such classics like "this handsome HONKA HONKA" and "I've got some grape soda on ice and a bear skin rug waiting"

I hope everyone in the future decides to "go in a different direction"

I liked the "itch in my crotch" and "hunka hunka" lines.

Yea I don't recall that, article anywhere? I seem to remember Leto saying that Ayer was hell bent on the tats and that Jared just contributed to shaving his brows and a few wardrobe choices.

I didn't say that was the only thing they didn't like, I was comparing the lip smacking to the growling as an example. Also, why shouldn't they list their reasons? If you're going to criticize a performance then actually critique it with valid reasons.

Check Collider. Ayer also confirmed they wanted to use that classic purple suit but that was changed after Leto signed.

I thought he sounded like Hamill there.

Surprised he has time for Blade Runner since he's filming a movie in Japan next month, starring role.

tumblr_inline_oc4hwul6vA1qfea01_1280.png

tumblr_inline_oc4hwoXR5y1qfea01_1280.png

So now he's suddenly a bad actor according to some fanboys. He's not Johnny Depp yet, geez.

I don't say he's a bad actor but this Joker was quite cringeworthy and embarassing IMHO. Maybe it was a bad combination of four different factors:

1. Leto is a 45 years old hipster guy who likes to wear leggings and make music for teen girls. And they gave him a free hand. Maybe that wasn't exactly smart when you want him to play The Joker. If he was Scarecrow then fine but his Mr. J would fit Schumacher's Batman movies or The Amazing Spider-Man 2 quite well.

2. How exactly you wanna follow one of the most iconic performances ever? Obviously it would be hard for anyone but Leto was trying WAY TOO HARD and it didn't work.

3. I'm not really sure if Ayer understands the Joker that well.

4. WB cutting Leto's scenes and completely changing this Joker / Harley relationship so teen girls from Twitter and Tumblr can talk about how freaky and cute they were and how much they want their own Joker.

Obviously this is just my opinion and I hope we'll see the Joker (played by Leto or another actor) in The Batman because... well, because Affleck is a great writer and director.

Last edited:

Also these lines were hilariously bad IMHO:

"That's too easy. Would you- would you live for me? Hmm?"

"Careful...DO not say this oath thoughtlessly! Desire becomes surrender, surrender becomes ..POWER."

Check Collider. Ayer also confirmed they wanted to use that classic purple suit but that was changed after Leto signed.

So Leto did have input on the horrid character design we ended up with?

So Leto did have input on the horrid character design we ended up with?

We'll never know for sure but: "It was Ayer, however, who really wanted to include Joker in the movie, and he worked heavily alongside Leto to develop their iteration of the character. He went through many permutations, and we saw plenty of concept art that showed the evolution of these concepts. Most striking was the character’s signature purple suit, which they originally planned to include, but after Leto signed on and the character evolved, it no longer suited this version of the villain."

I saw a video interview with Leto where he said that he and Ayer worked on the design, he said the idea to shave his eyebrows was his, the tattoo's were all Ayer.

As I've said before, hopefully they clean up the design a bit for the Batman solo. Purple suit, dump the jewelry & damaged, that's all I want.

Exactly, Leto himself was great and did everything he could to make his performance great. The problem was Ayer's garbage characterization, asthetic, writing and WB being so hands on about everything and cutting most of his scenes.

People also keep talking about Leto having bad line delivery... Where? Aside from "Hunka Hunka" what line delivery was bad? Are we also gonna pretend that every Ledger line was delivered perfectly? As much as I dug his performance I think he could have toned down the lip smacking a lot, but that's all gravy for people.. They'd rather focus on the 0.2 seconds LetoKer playfully growled and then they b**** about that and other things. Listen I'm not saying Ledger wasn't great, because he certainly was, but let's not discredit LetoKer because you're not a fan of what Ayer has done.

giphy.gif

Does anyone know what kind of accent he was trying to pull off? It felt like it changed 3 times throughout the movie.

I saw a video interview with Leto where he said that he and Ayer worked on the design, he said the idea to shave his eyebrows was his, the tattoo's were all Ayer.
And thank god, because the original conception (per the Art Book) was to have the HAHAHAHA's tattooed on both his brows. That would've crossed the line for me. :o

Jared Leto gets crap over everything he does. I've even seen claims that his mountain climbing is photoshopped. I don't understand it. :shrug:

Jealousy, I think

I thought he sounded like Hamill there.

Surprised he has time for Blade Runner since he's filming a movie in Japan next month, starring role.

tumblr_inline_oc4hwul6vA1qfea01_1280.png

tumblr_inline_oc4hwoXR5y1qfea01_1280.png

Yeah he is filming it next month but who knows, maybe it's just few scenes for BR - normally I bet he wouldn't do another short role after what was done to Joker but maybe it's a very cool part and as you pointed out it's one of his fav movies so he probably really wants to do that. If I were an actress and someone was making a sequel to Black Swan or something I too would jump in at the chance to be in that :funny:

Also him and Harrison already met at the Oscars, hopefully Harrison remembers him https://twitter.com/lady_sati/status/766677570691686400

and hopefully Jared won't send anything because Harrison would kill him :funny:

Does anyone know what kind of accent he was trying to pull off? It felt like it changed 3 times throughout the movie.

I think he was just purposefully being eclectic.

The voice he was using in this scene and the helicopter scene kinda made me think of Johnny Depp's voice.

As I've said before, hopefully they clean up the design a bit for the Batman solo. Purple suit, dump the jewelry & damaged, that's all I want.

Ok I now official blame Ayer for the version of the joker we got in Suicide Squad.

Jealousy, I think

Yeah he is filming it next month but who knows, maybe it's just few scenes for BR - normally I bet he wouldn't do another short role after what was done to Joker but maybe it's a very cool part and as you pointed out it's one of his fav movies so he probably really wants to do that. If I were an actress and someone was making a sequel to Black Swan or something I too would jump in at the chance to be in that :funny:

Also him and Harrison already met at the Oscars, hopefully Harrison remembers him https://twitter.com/lady_sati/status/766677570691686400

and hopefully Jared won't send anything because Harrison would kill him :funny:

That reminds me of Jared talking about Harrison Ford at the Oscars lol - @2:45 https://youtu.be/4zVtaGFU4lo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"