Jared Leto IS The Joker - - - - - - Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll file this one along with the petition to shut down Rotten Tomatoes, and blaming the Olympics for the box office.
you wound me sir. :o
deep down you know it to be true. :sly:

No they didn't.

Tweety bird voice? Ok you're clearly just making stuff up now. IMDb of all places was one of the sites where it was most popular back in 2008. For a time it was sitting at the #1 spot;

http://www.slashfilm.com/the-dark-knight-voted-1-movie-of-all-time-on-imdb/

Because it was never an issue in the first place.

I was there dude...I saw the complaints.

Now was it louder than the praise he received for the role? No. Of course not. However, there would be a few who brought up the the licking of the lips constantly. But hey why focus on the past? Its only quite a few who bring up the purring. :cwink:

I don't plan on reading it, but I'm curious. What were some lines from the book?

I can't really give you particular lines off the top of my head, but let's just say that his dialogue has a more twisted, humorous tone in the book. It sounds very much like a more adult take on Hamill's Joker.

I think this Joker was very, idk, sexually suggestive...?
Yea he seemed like it.

I've read the whole thing and I agree about Joker. He's got some really good lines in the book, and I too wonder if that's Ayer or Wolfman.

Probably Wolfman.

Its weird because I was expecting some Alonzo Harris/Training Day type dialogue for this Joker in the movie.

you wound me sir. :o
deep down you know it to be true. :sly:

Stand in front of a mirror and keep saying that. You might actually start to believe it yourself :cwink:

I was there dude...I saw the complaints.

So was I. I could count on one hand the number of them I saw.

But hey why focus on the past? Its only quite a few who bring up the purring. :cwink:

Because there's much bigger issues with the character than 6 seconds of idiotic purring. The fact its been raised several times as a negative in the face of so many other bigger issues with the character shows how stupid it was.

I can't really give you particular lines off the top of my head, but let's just say that his dialogue has a more twisted, humorous tone in the book. It sounds very much like a more adult take on Hamill's Joker.

You're really gonna make me read it aren't you? :o

*sigh* my poor first world problems

no, so was the joker. he was very in your face, no respect for personal space, even more so with men. very sexual aggressive.

A Joker who gets up in people's faces and invades their personal space? Shocking :cwink:

gambol+&+joker.jpg

12435869188854.jpg

patrick-leahy-dark-knight.jpg

THE_DARK_KNIGHT-1-6.jpg

5db056d06e693d610ee40f101b44b359.jpg

never said it was shocking or new. :p

truthfully, me too. it's been ages since i watched nolan's trilogy.

never said it was shocking or new. :p

But you said it was sexually suggestive or aggressive. I don't think it is. I think its just Joker's way of being intimidating by getting up in people's faces and looking them in the eye when he threatens them or mind screws with them.

idk, could be a subjective thing, but leto's joker comes of rather sexually aggressive/suggestive while ledger's is very asexual to me. it's in the presentation.

idk, could be a subjective thing, but leto's joker come of rather sexually aggressive/suggestive while ledger's is very asexual to me.

Probably because all Letoker did was talk about Harley :o

the man said it himself : "the fire in my loins, the itch in my" crotch."
the girl must be amazing in bed with a magical pu**y or something. i'm sure of it. :sly:

But you said it was sexually suggestive or aggressive. I don't think it is. I think its just Joker's way of being intimidating by getting up in people's faces and looking them in the eye when he threatens them or mind screws with them.

I don't know if he's being "suggestive" but he would definitely make me sexually uncomfortable if he sat on my lap

I don't know if he's being "suggestive" but he would definitely make me sexually uncomfortable if he sat on my lap
which i would assume would be the point. discomfort and fear of not knowing what comes next.

the man said it himself : "the fire in my loins, the itch in my" crotch."
the girl must be amazing in bed with a magical pu**y or something. i'm sure of it. :sly:

"Would you die for me..? Too easy. Would ya live for me..?"

Then makes her jump into a vat of chemicals knowing she can't swim. That contained his best laugh in the movie as well.

idk, could be a subjective thing, but leto's joker comes of rather sexually aggressive/suggestive while ledger's is very asexual to me. it's in the presentation.

I agree with this assessment. He was almost giving a lap dance to Barinholtz's character. :funny:

And overall, Leto's Joker strikes me much more like a creep than any of previous live-action versions. I saw the character that way in most non-film portrayals, especially "Arkham" games, so I'm fine by it.

I don't plan on reading it, but I'm curious. What were some lines from the book?

Well from the Sample they used for Suicide Squad novel
https://www.amazon.com/Suicide-Squa...&qid=1470749717&sr=1-3&keywords=suicide+squad
FOUR
It was expected to be a peaceful night.
There hadn’t been any riots for more than a week. No newbie had been ushered into the exercise yard to wait for his hazing to begin. No crazy somehow conjured a shiv that he knew belonged in the gut of yet another of the certifiably insane. Even the unseasonably mild weather was cooperating. So, atypical as it was, this was turning out to be a very good night indeed.
Until explosions tore up the exercise yard. Guards positioned in Arkham Asylum’s observation towers vainly searched for the source, but all they could see were patients, drugged out of their minds, numbly wandering the unexpected war zone—uncertain if the explosions were actually happening or were just some new and ridiculous hallucination, an all-too-familiar by-product of their high dosage meds.
They learned the truth the hard way.
Paramilitary thugs in gas masks and protective armor descended on ropes dropped from helicopters hovering unseen in the shadowy clouds. Even as they descended, they targeted the helpless guards, effortlessly turning them into instant corpses.
The few defenders who managed to survive ran for cover. Entering the hospital, they ducked behind overturned beds. Inmates were still strapped into them, and they were screeching for help that wouldn’t be coming.
“Shut up, you idiot,” one of the guards hissed to a patient hanging from the bed, his straps starting to fray. At the top of his voice he was singing songs from an old Broadway show. “I said shut up,” the guard grated. “Believe me, you don’t want to let those killers know where we are.”
“I did, I do,” the inmate said in a voice that was barely coherent. “You think if they see me, maybe they’ll take me with them? I’d like them to take me to a restaurant. You know, one that serves hamburgers and French fries and has ketchup in bottles—not in those little paper thingies that don’t hold much. You think they’ll take me to a restaurant?”
“They’ll put a bullet in your head, you idiot,” the guard muttered, still keeping his voice down. “And mine too, if you don’t shut up.”
“Bullet in the head? That sounds good, too, but I’d reallyreallyreally prefer a restaurant.”
Finally the guard smashed his elbow into the inmate’s head, knocking him unconscious. He then closed his eyes for a moment and prayed that the thugs—whoever the hell they were—hadn’t heard the exchange. After a few moments, he opened his eyes again.
One of the soldiers was there, staring at him, a gun pressed to the guard’s heart.
Mercifully, he never heard it fire.
The thugs moved quickly though cautiously through the halls, taking down anything that stepped in their way, not distinguishing between guards or asylum prisoners.
One of them, the commander, unhooked a radio from his belt.
“She’s here somewhere,” he said. “Fan out.” On the move again, he held his automatic in front of him. Straight up, not turned at a ninety-degree angle. Almost looks cool in the movies, he mused, but it’s a great way to break your wrist. Then he said, “And don’t forget, Frost and the boss want her breathing.”
The steel door to the medical wing was bolted shut from inside. Five pouches of C-4 plastic explosives removed the obstacle. Jonny Frost, easily six-foot-four, emerged from the chaos and effortlessly held up his find.
“Got her, boss,” he said to a tall, muscular figure standing in the shadows. “Just where you said she’d be.”
The Joker stepped out from the dark. He was tall and lean, with bright green hair, and ripped like a mixed-martial-arts fighter. Metal-capped teeth glinted in the light. He studied the beautiful young psychiatrist.
“Doctor Quinzel,” he said, “how nice of you to join us. You’re looking… good enough to eat. Figuratively speaking, of course. I’m strictly vegan. At least today.”
Quinzel squirmed in Frost’s grip, but he held firmly onto her. “Time for a little electroshock therapy,” Joker said, then added, “Frost, do me a favor, will you? Dump our pretty lady on the table.”
The mercenary threw Quinzel onto the exam table then strapped her into place. Joker removed his prison shirt, carefully folded it, then placed it to the side.
His extraordinarily pale skin was covered over with dozens—maybe hundreds—of insane tattoos, showing from head to foot. An eerie wide grin was inked on his right forearm while a parade of laughing “HA-HA-HA”s crept up his chest to his left arm and under his tangle of emerald hair. Dozens more were carefully placed along his side, back, and legs, filling nearly every open space.
He saw Quinzel staring at him, confused. He gestured toward the shirt.
“The government spent a helluva lot of money buying us thrift store rejects, so I’m not going to potentially dirty it with your blood. Come on. Do I look like a barbarian?”
Harleen Quinzel’s eyes reflected her fear. “Please don’t. Please. I did what you said. I helped you.” She tried to struggle free, but the straps were designed to hold a 400-pound madman.
The Joker fell back. His eyes rolled into his head as if he simply couldn’t believe what he had just heard. He shook his head to clear away his confusion, then stuck his face inches from Quinzel’s own.
“You helped me?” he repeated. “You helped me? By scorching what few dead, faded memories I had into a sizzling knot?”
“That was prescribed,” she pleaded. “Everything said it was the best possible cure for you.”
“For my what, girl? A cure for my genius? My insanity? My ability to do bird calls? Or maybe you mean it was to help cure my bad back? You know I got that digging graves for that basketball team I kidnapped, way back when.”
She stared at him, obviously confused. He leaned closer to her.
“Doctor Quinzel, do you know that for years and years they kept playing against this one other team. Only this one other team, and guess what? They lost every single game. Every. Single. Game.”
The Joker sighed at the thought.
“Anyway, where was I? Oh. Right. At some point don’t you think even a total idiot would say, ‘Maybe we should play a different team,’ or better, that ‘God’s telling us we should quit basketball and go into business selling, I don’t know, aluminum siding, maybe?’ What do you think?”
Probably Wolfman.

Its weird because I was expecting some Alonzo Harris/Training Day type dialogue for this Joker in the movie.

Agreed, I was under the assumption it was going to be a mix of Brian Azzarello/Paul Dini Joker style meets Alonzo Harris. It makes me interested in the deleted scenes that were cut, just to see how close the detailing of the book falls with the script of the movie/Jared's actual performance.

hey, we may yet see that snyder batman rape fantasy come to life. i think this joker would be more then game.

I don't think it's ever about sex with the Joker, even Leto's version. It's a power/control game. Getting in people's face like that is a surefire way to knock them off balance.

Well from the Sample they used for Suicide Squad novel
https://www.amazon.com/Suicide-Squa...&qid=1470749717&sr=1-3&keywords=suicide+squad

Agreed, I was under the assumption it was going to be a mix of Brian Azzarello/Paul Dini Joker style meets Alonzo Harris. It makes me interested in the deleted scenes that were cut, just to see how close the detailing of the book falls with the script of the movie/Jared's actual performance.

That character was so good at playing people. We see hints at it with this Joker, but everything is too rushed. It doesn't build up like in Training Day.

I think the "chemical wedding" scene would have beenmore impactful if we see how the Joker lures her into ace chemicals.

To quote Frank Underwood - “A great man once said, everything is about sex. Except sex. Sex is about power.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"