Jared Leto IS The Joker - - - - - Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I've read, they weren't worried about Leto's performance. Test audiences didn't respond well to Joker's antics in the film, i.e. too abusive and over the line.

Where you read it, please?

What is the scene(s) with Joker in the black tux all about when he's shooting and laughing and when his face is half burnt (?) and he's biting the pin off the grenade and yelling "Buh bye!"? Was that scene kept in the film? Was it a flashback and was it a selling point on Leto as the Joker? He looked so good in those little snippets from the previews. I'm surprised I haven't heard anyone talk about him in that scene because he looked so insane and good.

Please tag spoilers if you're able to respond

My only issue with Leto's Joker is that we get so little of him, that and a handful of stuff we saw in the trailers/clips was just nowhere to be found in the actual film.

joker deleted scenes
CpBiMZUUsAER2U4.jpg

My only issue with Leto's Joker is that we get so little of him, that and a handful of stuff we saw in the trailers/clips was just nowhere to be found in the actual film.

Oh man, that really stinks.

What is the scene(s) with Joker in the black tux all about when he's shooting and laughing and when his face is half burnt (?) and he's biting the pin off the grenade and yelling "Buh bye!"? Was that scene kept in the film? Was it a flashback and was it a selling point on Leto as the Joker? He looked so good in those little snippets from the previews. I'm surprised I haven't heard anyone talk about him in that scene because he looked so insane and good.

Please tag spoilers if you're able to respond

That's when Joker comes to save Harley a little over halfway through the film. You're guess is right. It's definitely his best moment in the film, but it's not very long.

From what I've read, they weren't worried about Leto's performance. Test audiences didn't respond well to Joker's antics in the film, i.e. too abusive and over the line.

I just really don't understand that complaint. Joker IS abusive and over the line :funny:

If that's true, then that's really ridiculous. The Joker is a psychopath and a murderer with NO redeeming qualities. Let him be that.

Those test audiences must have been very over sensitive.

So the show you my toys bit, and the one of him with half a black scorched face and the grenade didn't make it?

So what I'm hearing is that Joker is too much of a prick for audiences.

:o

not gonna lie, from what I've seen in the trailers, I wasn't necessarily hyped for Leto, but boy am I pissed that they cut a lot of his scenes. WB better release all the scenes at some point.

What the bad place... **** test audiences.

If that's true, then that's really ridiculous. The Joker is a psychopath and a murderer with NO redeeming qualities. Let him be that.
This is one of the more infuriating parts of their final cut. If you’re going to let sensitive audiences dictate which scenes are inserted or presented in a certain way, you do not deserve to handle Joker. I can’t think of a more inappropriate character to warrant feedback from a test crowd. That’s beyond absurd.

They turned the new Joker into a freaking Teddy Bear.

More and more, I feel like all that method acting garbage were all just lines to feed the media.

Kind of disappointed there won't be much of Leto. With the way the movie was advertised there's definitely going to be a lot of tick'd off fans.

More and more, I feel like all that method acting garbage were all just lines to feed the media.
Doesn’t jive with either of Ayer or Leto’s histories. They’re both known for extreme methods and delving deep into a character’s psychology. Way before Suicide Squad.

If Joker was hampered, I’d sooner blame the edits and studio rather than Ayer or Leto.

Doesn’t jive with either of Ayer or Leto’s histories. They’re both known for extreme methods and delving deep into a character’s psychology. Way before Suicide Squad.

If Joker was hampered, I’d sooner blame the edits and studio rather than Ayer or Leto.

Eh I dunno. I just think Ayer never really found a good Joker here.

That's when Joker comes to save Harley a little over halfway through the film. You're guess is right. It's definitely his best moment in the film, but it's not very long.
qdjPmk4.gif

the scene he is asking is not in the movie.

Joker is a huge selling point for the film and from what I've read now Will Smith is really the protagonist of the film, but they are selling the Joker waaay more than Deadshot.

So it could leave some/a lot of people miffed if he's only in it briefly.
i would expect froma comicbook fan who is a member of SHH to understand that the reason they used him so much in the marketing was because.........he is the joker. he is a popular character all over the world and his dialoge always fits with trailers. there was never a 1% chance that we would get a lot of screentime from the joker. it was obvious to me from the beginning that the joker is in this movie to support Harley. some even thought that its all flashback.

Well, yeah. "Method" is the new buzz word.

since i already saw the movie i would like to ask the important question about the third act.
what happened with the Joker in the final fight with Enchantress?

tGokvN9.gif

YRgUv2n.jpg

if you look at the background you see that its the same place where the final fight happens.

-Joker crashes with the big helicopter down. Harley is sad because she thinks he died
-Enchantress gives all character at the end dream like visions of their happy life. Harley imagines that she has two children with the Joker(with normal skin and hair)
-Enchantress tells Harley that she can bring back the joker to life.

i think that :
a) Joker died and Enchantress brought him back to life but he just escaped(gif where he says bye bye)
b)he survived the crash and comes to the final fight. what happens i dont know.

i think Joker does something bad and the test audiences didnt like it so WB removed him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"