BvS Jason Momoa is Aquaman!

Status
Not open for further replies.
how reputable is hitfix?

Drew Mcweeny doesn't usually break scoops so he wouldn't do it without being certain. Still from the comic con dc line up to this news, I'd treat this as rumor until officially announced.

If Mcweeny believes it to be true enough to post it as news on the site, then I believe him.

^^^^^Agreed.

I think we can chalk this up as legit, and to be officially announced in the near future.

Yea, I say legit.

Always funny when actors deny, deny, deny though. He should let that guy punch him.

I've heard he's gonna show up all pissed off at Superman over the dage the world engine did to the ocean. I dunno how I feel about this. I've been all for everything to do with this movie. But then, the Cyborg news, which I can handle. Not that I don't like Cyborg just not an essential for me. But now this? I dunno. I sure don't picture Momoa as Arthur...

If Mcweeny believes it to be true enough to post it as news on the site, then I believe him.

Agreed. Momoa will be at SuperCon July 4th weekend and I will be there. I'll be sure to ask him about this. Though we should know more by then.

Our League as it stands is

Henry Cavill-Supes
Ben Affleck-Bats
Gal Gadot-WW
Ray Fisher-Cyborg
Jason Momoa-Aquaman

All we need is Flash and GL, maybe only GL if they go with Gustin as Flash.

Last edited:
I cant believe how they are going for a black hair actor for such an iconic blonde character
and dont tell me they will give Jason a wig, lol. They wont do that, we can be sure about it.

They could do much better with this casting. first Gal, and now Fason.... oh well

Batfan1979 manip from awhile ago

Aquaman_Momoa.jpg

I cant believe how they are going for a black hair actor for such an iconic blonde character
and dont tell me they will give Jason a wig, lol. They wont do that, we can be sure about it.

They could do much better with this casting. first Gal, and now Fason.... oh well

Really? You think that they cant dye his hair or something?
They shouldn't be casting only blonde actors for the role.

This guy is playing Constantine

matt-ryan-cast-as-constantine-in-new-dc-show-157155-a-1393229246-470-75.jpg

Hair dyes exist.

Batfan1979 manip from awhile ago

Aquaman_Momoa.jpg

Not really a fan of Aquaman, but I hope they do choose a variation on this version. Love the long hair, beard. and trident hand.

I'd be interested in this if true. Maybe a dark blonde hair dye. The bearded look would make him look like the character even more and distinguished him from other clean shaved cast.

This guy is playing Constantine

matt-ryan-cast-as-constantine-in-new-dc-show-157155-a-1393229246-470-75.jpg

Hair dyes exist.

It has more to do with Momoa being a bit darker in skin tone. Good example would be Jessica Alba in Fantastic Four; dye or wig, with her skin tone (which is similar to Momoa's) the blonde color just didn't look good at all. I get why they went with Momoa though. Feel like they're trying to establish a more accurate Mediterranean/Greek look.

Still not sold on Mimosa but glad that we are getting Aquaman. Despite how much people like to make fun of that character, there is so much you can do with him visually. Damn near everyone loves Finding Nemo and going to the Baltimore Aquarium, so Aquaman has the potential to be really popular with audiences if done well. And I'm thinking the reason for casting an actor who is known primarily for badass warrior roles is to show people that this isn't the Aquaman from Super Friends.

Sorry, I still don't believe this news.

There will be no Aquaman in the BvS (and Jl) movie. Jason Momoa could be playing some other character.

I've heard that JL will feature Aquaman. Maybe even the conflict will revolve around him or Atlantis. Didn't expect him in BvS, though. I wonder if they have a JL script ready to go and perhaps Snyder could be shooting certain JL scenes now based on actor availability. I dunno. But I do love Mamoa. He's ferocious. Hey Entourage cast, make a cheesy joke about Mamoa. (Crickets). Yeah, I didn't think so.

how reputable is hitfix?
according to Batman-News is really reliable.
Of course nothing is official until Warner Bros. makes an announcement, but HitFix has a great track record. How do you feel about Jason Momoa joining the Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice cast as Aquaman? Let me know in the comments below.

I figured Momoa would be either Aquaman or Hawman if playing a hero.

so, I'm cool with this, even though Aquaman is usually portrayed as fair skinned/blonde. I could see them going for a more "Pacific Islander" look for the new Aquaman.

besides, it will add diversity to the JL lineup.

I figured Momoa would be either Aquaman or Hawman if playing a hero.

so, I'm cool with this, even though Aquaman is usually portrayed as fair skinned/blonde. I could see them going for a more "Pacific Islander" look for the new Aquaman.

besides, it will add diversity to the JL lineup.

My thoughts exactly!

Lol. You don't just dye dark hair blonde, it's not how it works. There are certainly MUCH better actors out there who resemble Arthur better than Mimosa. Not a fan of this as I have said before. I'll stay open minded until I see it and make a decision then but certainly disappointed by this if true.

The GA, and probably a lot of comic book fans, aren't going to care what color his hair is as long as he does well in the role. Just like they don't care that blonde-haired Daniel Craig is playing dark-haired James Bond, or that Amy Adams kept her red hair for MOS. Most people don't obsess of minor aesthetic choices like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"