Days of Future Past Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique: Oscar Winner Edition - Part 2

This is Mystique:
500full.jpg

Jennifer's not naturally as lithe as Rebecca, but the scenes so far look fine.

Even Rebecca had to be replaced by a chunky stuntwoman Mystique at times, like in the fight with Wolverine in X1, lol...

Jennifer's not naturally as lithe as Rebecca, but the scenes so far look fine.

Even Rebecca had to be replaced by a chunky stuntwoman Mystique at times, like in the fight with Wolverine in X1, lol...

Yea it was very noticeable. This time though I can hardly tell which one is Jen and which one is the stunt double.

thats why we are here though.

We always say our thoughts if we find something that we don't like. Don't tell me I have to wait for the release of the movie to express an opinion.
Not liking that she isn't blue is one thing. Assuming the script was compromised because of the actress being a big name is something else entirely.

I always hated Mystique being naked in these movies. I find it uncomfortable to watch especially in fight scenes. Totally unnecessary. Mutant and proud shouldn't mean walking around naked. It should mean not hiding your blue nature but wearing clothes like everyone else. I don't see Beast walking around naked.

Then she'd have to strip to morph all the time.

I always hated Mystique being naked in these movies. I find it uncomfortable to watch especially in fight scenes. Totally unnecessary. Mutant and proud shouldn't mean walking around naked. It should mean not hiding your blue nature but wearing clothes like everyone else. I don't see Beast walking around naked.

1081.gif

Then she'd have to strip to morph all the time.
When she morphs to another person or her human self, she magically has clothes. I don't see why she can't have clothes when she morphs to her blue self. That is just a choice filmmakers made. I don't think it is big deal. Also, it never stopped her in the comic and animations.

There'd be clothes on top of clothes if Mystique wore anything in her blue form.

I actually like it, she's reptilian like.

I was never crazy about the concept either,but at least they're sticking with it.I half expected them to change it up post First Class to appeal to feminists.

At first I was uneasy that Mystique was naked in the first movie, but then I loved it the reptilian look it adds a mysterious element to her makes her seem more dangerous to me.

I was never crazy about the concept either,but at least they're sticking with it.I half expected them to change it up post First Class to appeal to feminists.

I'm a feminist and I like the look, mainly because it makes perfect sense.

In order for Mystique to morph into other people, she has to concentrate. It's even pointed out in XM:FC, with Magneto telling her, "If you're half-concentrating on looking normal, then your half paying attention to whatever else you're doing..."

She's a shape-shifter, so she has two choices:

1) Morph clothes on to her body, again taking away her concentration when she needs it in life and death situations.
2) Wear actual clothes, making her shape-shifting abilities useless as everyone will see that she's a different person, wearing the same clothes she had on while she was Mystique.

It makes sense for her to be naked, and the look they came up with to accommodate that was really well done. Love it.

But that was the point of Fassneato's speech to her in the weight room. :huh:

well he wasn't telling her to be free and naked so i gather she can be in blue form and morph into some clothing if she wants and still be the real raven, which is pretty much what he was telling her to be and not to hide

Last edited:
well he wasn't telling her to be free and naked so i gather she can be in blue form and morph into some clothing if she wants and still be the real raven, which is pretty much what he was telling her to be and not to hide

Raven: Could you pass me my robe?
Erik Lehnsherr: You don't have to hide. Have you ever looked at a tiger and thought you ought to cover it up?
Raven: No. But...
Erik Lehnsherr: You're an exquisite creature, Raven. All your life the world's tried to tame you. It's time for you to be free.

It's such a bad analogy though. I'm surprised Mystique didn't slap him right there and then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"