The Avengers Jeremy Renner is Hawkeye! - Part 1

True.

But Renner is going to have like 5 fairly big hits within the span of 2-years (Town, Avengers, Mission Impossible, Bourne, and possibly Hansel & Gretel).

Renner is doing extremely well for himself right now and is getting more well known by the minute.

And, I don't think we should underestimate Chris Hemsworth or Tom Hiddleston. Hemsworth will be in the upcoming Snow White and the Huntsman, and I have a good feeling about Tom Hiddleston becoming an oscar nominee in the very short future.

From Funny or Die

The Avengers Request to Remove Clint 'Hawkeye' Barton
By DRU JOHNSTON May 17, 2012 | 15,719 Views
emaillink

To: [email protected]
Cc: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]
Subject: A formal request…

Hi Nick,

Sorry to bother you. I’m writing on behalf of the Avengers here, but we wanted you to formally reconsider the inclusion of Clint ‘Hawkeye’ Barton to the Avenger initiative. Amongst us we include a world class spy, a serum induced WWII super-soldier, an impenetrable beast, a genius with an iron suit and a nuclear reactor for a heart, and a legitimate demigod. We collectively agree that Clint, while pretty great at shooting a bow and arrow, should not be included in our ranks.

We understand this is a difficult position to put you in, but it might even be the best thing for Clint. He’s an excellent worker and will be able to land on his feet wherever he ends up… whether it’s an amateur archery range, or the archery section of an REI, or wherever, I’m just brainstorming here.

Thanks Nick,

Steve “Captain America” Rogers, on behalf of the Avengers

---

Subject: RE: A formal request…

Hi guys,

As always I’m happy to keep the discussion open and look forward to hearing your input. That being said the Avengers were created with a specific goal in mind, and your skills have clearly worked well together to combat the forces we’ve faced. He seems to fit his role nicely. So I don’t see any changes in the near future.

Keep at it,

Nick.

---

Hi Nick,

We definitely appreciate your time and consideration on this matter… however we really don’t feel like you’re seeing the whole picture here. Don’t get us wrong, we think Clint is a great guy and good friend. He’s definitely excellent at his skill set, we just are confused as to what his role is beyond ‘The guy with the bow and arrow’.

Best,

Steve (and the Avengers)

---

Hi Steve,

I’ve noticed most enemies tend to avoid him. Maybe he’s doing something right.

Best,

Nick

---

Nick,

If I’m fighting a bunch of aliens with lasers and there’s one in the corner holding a boomerang I’m not telling people “We gotta get rid of that boomerang dude.” No one wants to bully the remedial kid.

-Stark

---

To: [email protected], [email protected]
Cc: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

Hi Nick,

We totally get where you’re coming from. He’s definitely doing something right… gumption, dedication. Lord knows how much stuff he passed up in school to keep working on his bow and arrow skills with the rest of the Webelos. He’s a dedicated archer. Absolutely.

Now I don’t want to put words in people’s mouths, and we all appreciate the opportunity you’ve given us here, but we were all a bit hesitant when Clint was originally included in the emails. We all kept a positive attitude, and tried to showcase his exceptional use of antiquated technology, but to be honest I was a little insulted when I saw his name on the list. Like, was there something I was doing wrong? You know?

I think he’s also getting the sense we’re not all that into his ‘power,’ and he’s definitely overcompensating. During battle he spends a sizable chunk of his energy trying to impress us instead of fighting.

Best,

Bruce

---

Overcompensating? How?

Nick

Sent from my Droid, excuse typos

---

He makes bets about how accurate he can get. He’s started calling us his merry men. Once he made everyone stop fighting to prove he could hit the same arrow that was already buried in a dead guy. I’ve also overheard him say things like:

-“So your catchphrase is ‘Hulk Smash’ huh? Yeah I was thinking ‘It’s time to shoot this bow and arrow.’”

-“Oh shoot. I’m out of arrows. Guess I can’t carry this Avenger battle anymore. Take it from here everyone else.”

-“Oh you’re a Norse god? That’s cool. I’m kinda like Katniss from the Hunger Games.”

-“Don’t call me Clint! My name is Hawkeye! Hawks are excellent hunters, I’ve seen one catch a pretty big fish before!”

-“If you could have any super power what would it be? Mine would be using a bow and arrow well.”

When I hulk out I can’t remember where I am, or even if I mauled the love of my life. I have vivid memories of all of these things, which should prove to you how ad naseum the entire situation has become.

Bruce

---

Natasha, thoughts?

Nick

---

If I have to hear one more Cupid’s Arrow pun I will snap.

-N

---

Alright. We’ll let him have one more week as to not blindside him, but I’ll start writing up his recommendation. Until then I met someone who might be a good replacement. He goes by Daredevil. Full disclosure: He’s blind. But he’s got great hearing. He is also pretty flexible.

Nick

---

Cc: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected],

F*** you, Nick.

-Thor
http://www.funnyordie.com/articles/...e-barton?playlist=featured_pictures_and_words

Ive seen Hawkeye made fun of the most on humor sites.

Anyway I do wanna see Renner reprise Hawkeye, but I'm wondering who would you guys want his enemy in a solo film to be

Since the Deadpool movie is never going to happen, I think Taskmaster should be the villain in a SHIELD or a Hawkeye movie.

If Marvel had the rights, I'd like to have seen Bullseye be a villain too...but you know Fox owns the rights & whatnot. Hell, when Bullseye comes back in the comics he should become a bigger Hawkeye villain, I liked their rivalry in Dark Reign.

From Funny or Die

Ive seen Hawkeye made fun of the most on humor sites.

The emails were quite funny! And a little spot on in terms of the character voice. It might be just me but I take it as a compliment that Hawkeye has the most focus in proportion to his 'screen time' in the film.

Any more goodies?

-“If you could have any super power what would it be? Mine would be using a bow and arrow well.”

:woot:

Since Green Arrow is getting his own CW TV series, perhaps Marvel can look into spinning Hawkeye off to his own movie in the future as well. Renner is becoming a big star and he has what it takes to headline his own movie, although I think it would be more viable after he gets more development in Cap2 and TA2.

The emails were quite funny! And a little spot on in terms of the character voice. It might be just me but I take it as a compliment that Hawkeye has the most focus in proportion to his 'screen time' in the film.

Any more goodies?

m8feq0.jpg

Before anyone says anything. Yes it's obvious why the others mentioned werent in The Avengers

m8feq0.jpg

Before anyone says anything. Yes it's obvious why the others mentioned werent in The Avengers

Lol thanks for that! I caught Thor on cable earlier and I got a kick out of remembering Hawkeye in that cameo. I smiled when Hawkeye was shown to be choosing a bow over a gun and saying some cool lines that I thought fit his character.
Ultimately though I was disappointed that he didn't at least fire off an arrow. Or even lend a helping hand, well bow and arrow haha to the other action beats. Actually the action itself was just okay, but not well choreographed to the characters' strengths, particularly Thor's friends. They seemed so underpowered (and dare I say it, under developed, or rather they're investable but I just couldn't feel for them) compared to Thor, who just came off as looking 'good', as that hero whom his friends needed to save the day.

It's a decent film but far from perfect. But it was nice seeing Loki's villainous yet sympathetic turn: I'd forgotten that he was a Frost Giant by birth, which makes Thor's 'He's adopted' line that much more poignant particularly when I don't think he even knows of the fact. I don't really get the Frost Giants' physiology but I'd forgotten that that adds another dimension to his character. How did he appear to Thor on Earth, come to think of it? Was that a power of his and if so, could it have been used in TA to good effect? And what about when he threw something at a Frost Giant, what was that?

Well, I know I'm getting off track but I'll say one thing after seeing that post credits scene - it fed quite nicely into TA. Loki's appearance, to me, did not imply mind control but was mere serendipity: Selvig's echoing Loki's. That's my take on it lol so that it's still inclusive of TA events.

Hey, I found this video that shows how nice Jeremy Renner is to his fans.

[YT]hkY3bfvpQfs&feature=related[/YT]

Would anyone else like to see Barton cause a big loss in SHIELD agents directly due to his actions or a bad judgement, and then sort of distance himself from SHIELD? Like, possibly getting (if they introduce her) Mockingbird killed in action, and what he's done possibly leading to him leaving SHIELD and becoming Hawkeye? He could use an altered version of his Avengers costume (without the Shield logo) and have some sort of cowl. And of course, make it some shade of purple.

Hope it's not just me :yay:

Would anyone else like to see Barton cause a big loss in SHIELD agents directly due to his actions or a bad judgement, and then sort of distance himself from SHIELD? Like, possibly getting (if they introduce her) Mockingbird killed in action, and what he's done possibly leading to him leaving SHIELD and becoming Hawkeye? He could use an altered version of his Avengers costume (without the Shield logo) and have some sort of cowl. And of course, make it some shade of purple.

Hope it's not just me :yay:

Nope, just you. I feel no desire whatsoever to inflict rather arbitrary plot events, solely so that he can dress up all in purple.

I doubt it, but there is a strong possibility that there will be a Shield film, and I wouldn't be surprised if he starts having cameos in the other solo movies, like Ironman, Captain America and Thor.

Personally I wouldnt mind it if the shield film is captain america. Both Black Widow and Hawkeye should be involved in that flick heavily personally. The cap films should be like homebase inbetween the avengers flicks. They should heavily feature nick fury and everyone else involved considering cap will b working with and pretty much for shield for the most part. I really want cap and black widow to get involved, and for barton to be the kink in their relationship.

Nope, just you. I feel no desire whatsoever to inflict rather arbitrary plot events, solely so that he can dress up all in purple.

Not just so he can run around in purple. That doesn't even have to happen. But to have him seperate from SHIELD, off doing his own thing as a badass superhero.

He could become seperate for other reasons - Black Widow being a double agent (later triple) and not trusting them any longer, or something of the sort.

Not just so he can run around in purple. That doesn't even have to happen. But to have him seperate from SHIELD, off doing his own thing as a badass superhero.

He could become seperate for other reasons - Black Widow being a double agent (later triple) and not trusting them any longer, or something of the sort.

Clint already caused a huge loss of SHIELD agents, albeit because Loki was controlling him and not through his own bad judgment. And he is already called Hawkeye; Natasha called him that during the final battle ("Hawkeye! A little help!") and Selvig called him "The Hawk". Introducing Clint's wife from the comics just to have her killed for plot purposes would be a waste. Bobbi would make a great addition to the team, or to SHIELD, whether or not the writers decided to pair her with Clint romantically.

At the end of The Avengers, Clint and Natasha went off on their own, just as the other four Avengers did. Fury told the WSC that he had no idea where they were and wasn't tracking them. One can assume that they are separating from SHIELD at least for a while due to the events in the movie and possibly mistrust of Fury himself.

Well, I hope that's the case then. Way I saw it Hawkeye was just his codename in the film. I'd just like to see Clint seperate from SHIELD, that's all.

I'm going by the assumption that Nick Fury was lying to the Council RE not tracking the Avengers, or he has the assets in place to track them down instantly if need be. Besides, Tony Stark is Tony Stark, Steve Rogers is living in SHIELD provided housing and will be working closely with SHIELD in his next movie, Bruce Banner is probably with Stark (and if not, SHIELD managed to track him to India AND land a platoon sized tactical team to bring him in on short notice, so I'm sure finding him again won't be too much trouble), and Barton and Romanoff are both SHIELD employees (and they're not the only SHIELD employees) so Fury will probably be able to bring them in easily.

The only guy who is completely out of reach is Thor, and he's on a completely different planet.

Why the desire to separate Hawkeye from SHIELD? What actual benefit does that bring to any possible story involving him?

:huh:

That's what it is, his codename.
It'd actually be pretty funny to see one of the "Vanilla" SHIELD agents making fun of the fact that they call themselves by their codenames.

Last edited:
Since it doesn't seem like the Avenger members live together, I think MCU Hawkeye should stay with SHIELD. What else would he do if the Avengers aren't together often?

Well, if Fan Fiction.net is any meter to attest the popularity of a character, Hawkeye is the 3rd most written about character from The Avengers (310 stories at the moment) behind Loki (346) and Tony Stark (342).

The other notables were-Captain America (246) Black Widow (239) Hulk (151) and Thor (114)

Goood.... First we get dee fangirls...den we get dee movie...den we get dee power.

Well, if Fan Fiction.net is any meter to attest the popularity of a character, Hawkeye is the 3rd most written about character from The Avengers (310 stories at the moment) behind Loki (346) and Tony Stark (342).

The other notables were-Captain America (246) Black Widow (239) Hulk (151) and Thor (114)

Any slash? :p

I really want to Clint to sing in the next Avenger movie, or spin off. Is this unrealistic to ask for?

[YT]SrU-uVaOXeY[/YT]

They could just replace Rosario Dawson for Black Widow, or perhaps there is a role Rosario would be perfect for in the Avenger's universe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"