The Avengers Jeremy Renner is Hawkeye! - Part 1

QUESTION

Is Renner signed on for multiple films? I read in a few places that he was signed on for 6 films, but no one seems to have an answer that doesn't group him with everyone else?

hcw0000350compd01jemjpg.jpg

But this is the Hype. I don't care what is used all over the internet everywhere else. This is the site I spend most of my time at. This is the site I moderate. This is the site I care about. Complaining that someone is using a meme (that is used on other sites) too much, when it is hardly used at all here.....is useless complaining to me.

Oh, "Arrow to the Knee" is overused even here on The Hype. You don't have to look very far (even in this very thread) to see samples. Go to any thread about funny and/or cool pics and gifs, and you'll likely see "Arrow to the Knee" on every other page.

Geez, it's as if I killed 80 people in 3 days or something. I'm new here, can't say I've seen the arrow to the knee thing used or overused in my 10 days here. Besides, down where I live, we don't have the reference posted in colleges, and everywhere else, so my bad for annoying ya'll.

Now can we please get back to talking about Clint Barton/Hawkeye and Jeremy Renner? Or am I going to get an arrow to the head for this one? :-/

Last edited:
Oh, "Arrow to the Knee" is overused even here on The Hype. You don't have to look very far (even in this very thread) to see samples. Go to any thread about funny and/or cool pics and gifs, and you'll likely see "Arrow to the Knee" on every other page.

Is it really true that in Skyrim when you hit something with an arrow to the knee it keeps walking around like nothing happened to it?

Is it really true that in Skyrim when you hit something with an arrow to the knee it keeps walking around like nothing happened to it?
No. My sister loves that game -- the reference comes from when you get shot in the knee with arrow, it stays there. Doesn't move. And the only way you could get it out was by dropping all your arrows, lol.

After watching the movie again, just wanted to say, love the look on Clint's face when it's mentioned that Loki will be punished severely. It's nice that he'll get his revenge.

Also loved Cap's face when Thor and Loki took the Cosmic Cube. It's like he's finally receive some kind of closure. It was like they couldn't get that thing out of his sight fast enough. That thing has put him through so much already. That's for another thread, though.

Last edited:
Disclaimer: I know nothing of archery

Random thought re: Hawkeyes uniform/why he has the two wrist guards (or whatever they are) on his right forearm/his bow(?) arm (I know there was 'issues' taken with that as it seemed to indicate that it meant that he sucked at archery... and sorry for bringing it up... but it was a 'lightening has struck my brain' moment -- yes... it hurt :oldrazz:)

Anywho, when I saw it for the 3rd time the other day, I'm wondering if his wrist guard is set up the way it is specifically for the off chance that he'll need to use that grapple arrow. It seemed like during his fall, the camera kind of focused on his bow arm (might need to watch it a 4th time to verify...oh the torture!). Seems like that rope/cable would probably do a number on his arm if he didn't have the guard... so maybe the second brace (or whatever - sorry for not knowing the technical terms) that archers don't normally have is to help minimize possible 'rope burn'/injury more for the event that the grapple is used than for being there for the firing of more 'standard' arrows.

Does that make sense? Sorry if it doesn't, like I said... it was just a thought that randomly entered my head

Random thought re: Hawkeyes uniform/why he has the two wrist guards (or whatever they are) on his right forearm/his bow(?) arm (I know there was 'issues' taken with that as it seemed to indicate that it meant that he sucked at archery... and sorry for bringing it up... but it was a 'lightening has struck my brain' moment -- yes... it hurt :oldrazz:)

Anywho, when I saw it for the 3rd time the other day, I'm wondering if his wrist guard is set up the way it is specifically for the off chance that he'll need to use that grapple arrow. It seemed like during his fall, the camera kind of focused on his bow arm (might need to watch it a 4th time to verify...oh the torture!). Seems like that rope/cable would probably do a number on his arm if he didn't have the guard... so maybe the second brace (or whatever - sorry for not knowing the technical terms) that archers don't normally have is to help minimize possible 'rope burn'/injury more for the event that the grapple is used than for being there for the firing of more 'standard' arrows.

Does that make sense? Sorry if it doesn't, like I said... it was just a thought that randomly entered my head

that's right. That's what the wrist guards were for. I noticed it on the second viewing. :D A small and subtle but very nice detail that gives purpose and practicality to his costume.

I hope Hawkeye! getts a solo film.

I doubt it, but there is a strong possibility that there will be a Shield film, and I wouldn't be surprised if he starts having cameos in the other solo movies, like Ironman, Captain America and Thor.

It does and when I saw it I immediately thought of that argument. Whatever Renner is doing he should keep doing it because it looks damn cool and that's what matters.

I doubt Hawkeye will get a solo movie. He's just not marketable enough as a character.

natey2k4[QUOTE said:
the reference comes from when you get shot in the knee with arrow, it stays there.

No, the meme comes from a character who says "I used to be a warrior, but then I took an arrow to the knee." and it didn't matter where you got hit with an arrow, it would stay wherever you got hit, not just the knee.

No, the meme comes from a character who says "I used to be a warrior, but then I took an arrow to the knee." and it didn't matter where you got hit with an arrow, it would stay wherever you got hit, not just the knee.
The meme comes from city guards who would say "I used to be an adventurer like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee". It was funny the first time you hear it (hey, I laughed), but Bethesda being the way they are with canned dialogue it grew old after the next fifty times the guards say it. (Bonus points if multiple guards say the line at the same time. Oh, Bethesda.)

I doubt Hawkeye will get a solo movie. He's just not marketable enough as a character.

We'll see. Jeremy Renner is like number 3 on the starometer, behind Chris Hemsworth and Scarlet Johanson, and then, we'll see how well he does in Bourne Legacy. If that movie takes off, then I see no reason whatsoever why a Hawkeye solo could not be made. People do love their archers on the big screen.

I wouldnt like a solo movie as well. A SHIELD movie on the other hand.

We'll see. Jeremy Renner is like number 3 on the starometer, behind Chris Hemsworth and Scarlet Johanson, and then, we'll see how well he does in Bourne Legacy. If that movie takes off, then I see no reason whatsoever why a Hawkeye solo could not be made. People do love their archers on the big screen.
There is definitely a chance a solo movie could be made. But like with all films in the universe now, I don't expect solo films to be "solo anymore."

Anyway, I think a Shield movie or a Widow/Hawkeye movie has a better chance at coming to fruition. Renner would still be a top name and it gives a few more superhero reasons to be around. Add in Cobie Smudlers and Clark Gregg, and we are good to go.

Hawkeye is an amazing character in the marvel universe and as happy as I am to finally see him on the big stage, it didn't really feel like Clint.

Clint, universe-wise, is much more like Tony Stark. Womanizer, funny, cocky. He's basically (personality wise) just a mix of Tony Stark & Gambit.

The other problem is that his costume isn't really that marketable. It's similar to his current comics look, but generally Hawkeye has been rolling the purple. I saw some awesome mockups with a mix of new realistic costume and the traditional costume that would have been a lot more marketable.

Anyway, I think a Shield movie or a Widow/Hawkeye movie has a better chance at coming to fruition. Renner would still be a top name and it gives a few more superhero reasons to be around. Add in Cobie Smudlers and Clark Gregg, and we are good to go.

Yeah I'd rather see a SHIELD flick than Hawkeye solo. I'd expect Smulders to be in it but not Gregg since...you know. If such a movie did happen they should have some of the well known agents from the comics show up with bit roles, too.

There is definitely a chance a solo movie could be made. But like with all films in the universe now, I don't expect solo films to be "solo anymore."

Hawkeye is an amazing character in the marvel universe and as happy as I am to finally see him on the big stage, it didn't really feel like Clint.

Clint, universe-wise, is much more like Tony Stark. Womanizer, funny, cocky. He's basically (personality wise) just a mix of Tony Stark & Gambit.

The other problem is that his costume isn't really that marketable. It's similar to his current comics look, but generally Hawkeye has been rolling the purple. I saw some awesome mockups with a mix of new realistic costume and the traditional costume that would have been a lot more marketable.

Never got into 616 Clint. I got annoyed by him. I like the mysterious, loner, sniper, and eye of the team MCU Clint. His role in the MCU Avengers team is unique and fits his superhero name Hawkeye and skill set perfectly. And, having two wise asses on the team would be irritating and annoying at least for me.

None of them are bigger stars than Downey. He's had at least one hit a year since IM.

None of them are bigger stars than Downey. He's had at least one hit a year since IM.

Not on the official starmeter he is not.

Right now, it stands like this.

1. Chris Hemsworth
2.Tom Hiddleston
3. Scarlet Johanson
4. Jeremy Renner
5. Chris Evans
6. Mark Ruffalo
7.Colbie Smolders
8. Robert Downy Jr
9. Johnny Depp
10. Chloe Grace Moretz.

But this list changes every week. For the longest time, it was the kids from The Hunger Games that were in the top 4, before The Avengers exploded.

True.

But Renner is going to have like 5 fairly big hits within the span of 2-years (Town, Avengers, Mission Impossible, Bourne, and possibly Hansel & Gretel).

Renner is doing extremely well for himself right now and is getting more well known by the minute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hugoodeww
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"