The Avengers Jeremy Renner is Hawkeye! - Part 1

Are you kidding? I think I learned more about Hawkeye in one movie than I did about Legolas in three. Letting a character have more action scenes and deliver plot moving lines, devoid of personality, is NOT developing a character.

Definitely learned more about Hawkeye here even when he was on the Dark Side. We learned a lot in the less than 15 minutes he was on screen. people tend to think more screen time = more character development . Not necessarily. Joss Whedon handled that rather well, here. I was against Renner not being on screen as much at first, but then it made sense after a few more viewings. Things fell into place, and it's the final battle that really showed off what a badass he is for a puny human.

No he doesn't.

We need to see more off.

He's just a human and he kicks just as much ass as superheroes in both the movie and comics. What's does that tell you?

One thing.

He's a freaking badass.

He is a badass.. especially when he shoots one of the alien things down without even looking that way. He had plenty of action sequences in the final battle, even if he got KOed earlier than the rest because he ran out of arrows. Criticize all you want, but that man is pretty good with that bow and arrows. I don't get the hate for his choice of weapon.

plus, when he jumped off a building, the look on his face was one that told a lot as well. it was mixed between fear & desperation (the eyes) determination and "oh crap, did I really just do that?" , which just solidifies the fact that he's human, but he's not afraid to go a step further and do what needs to be done. I mean he didn't even call for backup from others, well aware they're all occupied , he just took cover himself, even if he did land not in the best of ways when he crashed through the window.

Random freaky Jeremy Renner photo. I just love this man's face and all the great expressions he comes up with.

tumblr_m3qpt23Ngj1qd3lh0o1_r1_500.jpg

That's not as freaky as this:
tumblr_m3uxaaVwnp1qcb5nr.gif

Geeze, you think he's freaky in that photo, just watch Dahmer. Guy gave me the creeps for years from watching that one role he did. That's when I realized how fantastic of an actor he is, when his very small role still haunts you years later. I guess Prometheus is right, big things do have small beginnings!

He knows you're there. He knows who you are. :o

That is why I liked him being cast as Hawkeye. He may not be superpowered, but if you were alone in a room with any of the Avengers, even the Hulk, he'd be the one that would probably freak you out the most.

Geeze, you think he's freaky in that photo, just watch Dahmer. Guy gave me the creeps for years from watching that one role he did. That's when I realized how fantastic of an actor he is, when his very small role still haunts you years later. I guess Prometheus is right, big things do have small beginnings!

Oh geez... Dahmer was CREEPY to the max. Renner is good at that.

Even with Hawkeye, yeah, he was onscreen for less than 15 minutes, but he made every minute count and left a hell of a mark on the audience. I watched an interview with him, saying he probably wouldn't play Hawkeye if he was super powered; but since he's just a regular guy with a skill set and a dark past... yeah.

He knows you're there. He knows who you are. :o

That is why I liked him being cast as Hawkeye. He may not be superpowered, but if you were alone in a room with any of the Avengers, even the Hulk, he'd be the one that would probably freak you out the most.

Yup. now there's a scene I'd like to see at some point. That and Hawkeye needs more time with the other guys (aside Black Widow); I want to see those relationships develop.

I really like the idea of Hawkeye being in Cap 2. If they don't give him his own movie or a SHIELD movie, then that's the next best thing!

Poor Hawkeye. I saw Jon Stewart, Bill Maher and someone else all mock the character this week.

Please.... Let's not associate a cool character with a crappy, overused Skyrim meme.

Poor Hawkeye. I saw Jon Stewart, Bill Maher and someone else all mock the character this week.

Actually, the entire comedian type shows are mocking all of the Avengers, from the broadcast to the cable line up. They are doing it because The Avengers is getting positive reactions from the masses, and they think it's the "in" thing to do, trying to bring positive things down. As other movies are released, expect the same thing. Snow White and the Huntsman, ASM, TDKR, all will be the butt of their stupid jokes.

What happen to the comedians like Johnny Carson where the jokes had class.

Please.... Let's not associate a cool character with a crappy, overused Skyrim meme.

Ah , well see, my bad there. I've not played Skyrim, so didn't quite get that reference when posting those. My apologies.

This is why he needs his own movie. to shut all those folks up...

tumblr_m3v2sxIgQb1rsqxeho1_400.jpg

and

tumblr_m3ufh0m6FQ1qhnv5co1_500.jpg

Just saying'....

First time I've laughed at this meme in a long time. Probably because they're true. lol The demotivational thing is a little much, though.

Actually, the entire comedian type shows are mocking all of the Avengers, from the broadcast to the cable line up. They are doing it because The Avengers is getting positive reactions from the masses, and they think it's the "in" thing to do, trying to bring positive things down. As other movies are released, expect the same thing. Snow White and the Huntsman, ASM, TDKR, all will be the butt of their stupid jokes.

What happen to the comedians like Johnny Carson where the jokes had class.

They weren't insulting the show to be mean, but they're paid to make topical humor about what's going on. TA being the biggest movie opening ever makes it a prime target. I don't mind. Stewart wasn't insulting the film or team, just the one character.

^^Heh. Exactly. No movie or character is above getting joked on. It's just not that serious.

They weren't insulting the show to be mean, but they're paid to make topical humor about what's going on. TA being the biggest movie opening ever makes it a prime target. I don't mind. Stewart wasn't insulting the film or team, just the one character.

I actually like the jokes even if they are on Avengers' expense, because they'll only do that to something that is popular and on the pubic's conscious right now. It means that Avengers is becoming a cultural phenomenon and more awareness is always good.

I guess you haven't watched the other shows, because all of the "comedy" shows are taking jabs at all of the Avengers, and they are doing it just to be cool. It's OK, I'll still take Johnny Carson or George Carlin over anybody on TV today. Like I said, they were actually funny.

I never saw a meme about an arrow to the knee before...haven't the foggiest idea what anything Skyrimm is....and thought the pics posted here were funny.

So, it seems it isn't too overused afterall.

They are pretty overused. That stupid phrase is everywhere.

I never saw a meme about an arrow to the knee before...haven't the foggiest idea what anything Skyrimm is....and thought the pics posted here were funny.

So, it seems it isn't too overused afterall.

No, it's plenty overused. Just because it's not that common on the Hype doesn't mean it isn't relentlessly overused everywhere else on the internet.

So, the parts where Hawkeye is nailing his target without looking at it, people think it's because he's using the reflections on the windows to see instead of actually looking at the target. What do you all think?

No, it's plenty overused. Just because it's not that common on the Hype doesn't mean it isn't relentlessly overused everywhere else on the internet.

But this is the Hype. I don't care what is used all over the internet everywhere else. This is the site I spend most of my time at. This is the site I moderate. This is the site I care about. Complaining that someone is using a meme (that is used on other sites) too much, when it is hardly used at all here.....is useless complaining to me.

But this is the Hype. I don't care what is used all over the internet everywhere else. This is the site I spend most of my time at. This is the site I moderate. This is the site I care about. Complaining that someone is using a meme (that is used on other sites) too much, when it is hardly used at all here.....is useless complaining to me.
I'm not complaining with my comment, I just found it facepalm worthy. Even more-so because he didn't shoot anyone in the freaking knee. Why would Hawkeye shoot someone in the knee, when he can just put an arrow between their eyes?

And it's not just other sites. The phrase is everywhere. College, work, facebook, ... everywhere. It's died down a bit now that Skyrim is older, but it was definitely one of the most talked about things for the longest time. I don't even play Skyrim and I heard it (and read about it) non-stop.

If you type "arr" in youtube, the first thing that comes up is "arrow to the knee" -- over even Arrested Development.

Machinima (home of many popular web-shows) even made a song about it. That goes along with about the 20852828500258 user songs to go with it.

I'm not complaining with my comment, I just found it facepalm worthy. Even more-so because he didn't shoot anyone in the freaking knee. Why would Hawkeye shoot someone in the knee, when he can just put an arrow between their eyes?

As punishment for making fun of him instead of outright killing someone over a crack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"