Jocks/Geeks

Regardless of the situation, I would never EVER cite SHH as a fact source

I've never been to liverpool, my mate loves scouse girls

hold on guys... all this bashing of SHH is uncalled for.

think about it like this... SuperHeroHype.com is seriously a legit place to get the scoop on a lot of superhero movie type info.(minus the SHH Forums/Messageboards, mind you! even i wouldn't say i got it from a messageboard!)
so, don't be ashamed next time, if you tell your coach you got your info from superherohype.com. it's like the CNN of superhero stuff. ;)

Umm no....I come here to BS and talk about film, sports, and stuff...but I'd never use it as a legit source...

So I've been working at a basketball camp filming and editing to put together a DVD for them, and talk came up about TDK, and one of the guest speakers, who is big on sports says Heath Ledger killed himself. I gave him all these reported facts stating otherwise and he asked me from where I got it and I said Superhero Hype. He laughed at the name and started asking questions mocking me until I stopped him and said:

"I've got a question for you. Were you a jock in highschool?"
"Yeah"
"And jocks aren't seen as smart right?"
"Yeah"
"Interesting."
"Why?"
"Well you see, in highschool I'm a geek/nerd who is techy as you can see with me putting together the DVD and I'm into comic books."
"Uh-"
"I'm not finished. The stereotypes for geeks and nerds is that we're always reading and studying and looking at our comic books for fun while the jocks are outside socializing and playing sports right?"
"Yeah,"
"So, as a jock you picked on and mocked the geeks because they were different or maybe even because they got better marks then you. And now, the camp you're apart of is here asking me the geek to film for you. So you want a good DVD? I bet you're wishing you didn't mistreat the geeks"
"Yeah but -I'm not an official part of the camp really"
"Ok, well you said you work for TVDSB? I know the President of TVDSB and he's a pretty smart man, looks to me like you've ended up working for a geek."
"Yeah but- what was your question"
" 'Were you a jock in highschool' and 'Jocks aren't seen as smart right?' "
"You already asked those questions"
"...you just proved my point."

Thank you Reed Richards. Post your Jock/Geek confrontations. (I play soccer as well but it's all in moderation)

This sounds as embarrising as the jock/geek argument in Fantastic Four 2.

I haven't really experienced much Geek VS Jock stuff. An example of my social environment: I've got a friend who loves sports and has a reputation as a ladies man, but he also loves D&D and Star Wars.

I'm built like a jock, but have the personality of geek...it's so confudsing!!!
ya, but, did you start working out, because the jocks made fun of you
in a "i'll show you" kinda way

or did you start to get in shape, to try to make up for your geekiness, to impress girls
"hey, I am a geek, but check out these abs"

or did you just think if you got in shape enough you could be a superhero lol

in any of these cases, your a geek

anyway, being in shape isn't what makes a jock a jock, its more of personality trait

So I was at work the other day and we're just talking and ********ting and whatnot when one of my co-workers honestly asked me if I was the school bully in high school. Granted, I wasn't a stereotypical "nerd/geek" type but I was hardly the Prom King. It just goes to show you that it doesn't matter what your hobbies are, it's how you present yourself.

ya, but, did you start working out, because the jocks made fun of you
in a "i'll show you" kinda way

or did you start to get in shape, to try to make up for your geekiness, to impress girls
"hey, I am a geek, but check out these abs"

or did you just think if you got in shape enough you could be a superhero lol

in any of these cases, your a geek

anyway, being in shape isn't what makes a jock a jock, its more of personality trait
I'm currently working on the bolded. :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"