What's after emo?

Silverstein

Superhero
Reaction score
Okay so let's go back to a long long time ago...1980.

Back then you still had the jocks and preps in highschool, the geeks but then you also had this new thing of "punks and rebels". And I guess for like inner city kids you had the new hip hop thing.

So in the 90's came GOTH and "skater" and hip hop turned into "Street"..

So in the 2000's goth, punk, skater even the hip hop community have all seemingly blended into this ....thing called emo. Seriously. Bands that I listened to when they were raprock or alternative even metal, before my eyes, turned into emo.

But it was huge. It took over myspace and the internet. Countless videos on youtube. Bands are "emo". When you see characters with a particular hairstyle (sm3), you think "emo." Emo must be art because apparently everything and everyone is emo. Of course...that depends on who you're talking to. I personally despise and disagree with that notion.

So what's after Emo? What is in store for highschool kids and possibly everyone else, in the 2010's?

My prediction: Fat. I think fat will be the new big thing. Like celebrities will WANT to be fat. Fat kids at school will be more popular than everyone else. I mean talk about retro. Fat used to be a sign of nobility.

If you're black, Fat has came on gone.

Next up? F**king 'brutal'.

Observe:

Protest%20the%20Hero-back.jpg

All that's missing here is a non-filtered cig.

Dude how long you been in Jersey? Don't forget we had the guido's (when was that? late 80's early 90's?)

What's after emo? I have no idea but whatever it is...I hope it comes pdq!!!

Punk wasn't new in 1980, and rebels have never been new. :huh:

Labels are f***ing ******ed, anyway.

Suits........suits are next. Kids will wear them as a way of saying, we are older, these suits represent our take over. We are the parents of sociality and we can do what we want.

well in all fairness... real emo isn't usually what you even see... its alot darker in apperance and very horrible music at least thats modern emo... gone are the days of dashboard confessional and death cab for cutie emo...

Punk wasn't new in 1980, and rebels have never been new. :huh:

Labels are f***ing ******ed, anyway.

i'll agree to an extent...

there will always be the "outrageous" group that people are like "WTF" at... they think there stupid, they sorta fear them, and they are rebellious.

you had the beatniks of the 30's and 40's
the "rebel" of the 50's (james dean/fonzy)
then in the 60's you had rock and roll rebels.. (elvis shaken them hips)
in the 70's you had hippies and an intro to a more hard rock
in the 80's you had hip-hop and punk
in the 90's you had grunge and goth
and in the 00's you got emo..

so whatever will make people scoff in each decade... will be what the kids will be into.

^^^^^^"goth" has been around since at least the 70's . The musical movement at least and probably pre-dates that. I'm not talking about the visigoths or whatever though . I hate the word emo . It's like a weak goth or something , totally unecessary to even use the word.

Okay so let's go back to a long long time ago...1980.

Back then you still had the jocks and preps in highschool, the geeks but then you also had this new thing of "punks and rebels". And I guess for like inner city kids you had the new hip hop thing.

So in the 90's came GOTH and "skater" and hip hop turned into "Street"..

So in the 2000's goth, punk, skater even the hip hop community have all seemingly blended into this ....thing called emo. Seriously. Bands that I listened to when they were raprock or alternative even metal, before my eyes, turned into emo.

But it was huge. It took over myspace and the internet. Countless videos on youtube. Bands are "emo". When you see characters with a particular hairstyle (sm3), you think "emo." Emo must be art because apparently everything and everyone is emo. Of course...that depends on who you're talking to. I personally despise and disagree with that notion.

So what's after Emo? What is in store for highschool kids and possibly everyone else, in the 2010's?

My prediction: Fat. I think fat will be the new big thing. Like celebrities will WANT to be fat. Fat kids at school will be more popular than everyone else. I mean talk about retro. Fat used to be a sign of nobility.

There just fads, its like how the early 80;s was, guys grew out their hair and wore cloths that could have fit there little sisters, they also got into the makeup. and once 90's hit the scene up and left and grunge/ hiphop got big, people either dressed skater hood, or straight gangsta.

so now thats what ****s like today, most people like the alt/ emo scene, i cant stand the music but the emoish hair style i had was pretty cool.

after 2010 i wouldn't be surprised if there was a new fad.

^^^^^^"goth" has been around since at least the 70's . The musical movement at least and probably pre-dates that. I'm not talking about the visigoths or whatever though . I hate the word emo . It's like a weak goth or something , totally unecessary to even use the word.

emo is more like goth and punk mixed

Suits........suits are next. Kids will wear them as a way of saying, we are older, these suits represent our take over. We are the parents of sociality and we can do what we want.

I hope that's true. I do enjoy a nice suit...

Nu Rave has come and gone.

Emo has already split into several mini cliques, check Yourscenesucks.com for a guide.

But they are each small in number and weak and will soon die.

I am in a band you might have heard of (Metro Station) and I am classified as the skater/emo person.

I am not sure what is "next", but im sticking with what I am right now :yay:

I'll never understand why people need to conform to a classification. What annoys me the most is that a lot of this emo-bull%&$# is visible in kids who are in grades 6-9. At least High School I could understand.

I'll never understand why people need to conform to a classification. What annoys me the most is that a lot of this emo-bull%&$# is visible in kids who are in grades 6-9. At least High School I could understand.
I dont like it all the time, but im cool with it

and im way passed high school

I say where what you want to wear when you want to wear it. But when you are trying to 'not conform' by being EMO, you look for pictures, movies, songs, and others to see what is cool in the EMO world which is in sense conforming...it is a looped argument. Some EMO kids look fine but the ones who wear eye liner, dye their hair jet black, wear more chains than a high security prisoner, etc...need to be slapped back into reality.

i'll agree to an extent...

there will always be the "outrageous" group that people are like "WTF" at... they think there stupid, they sorta fear them, and they are rebellious.

you had the beatniks of the 30's and 40's
the "rebel" of the 50's (james dean/fonzy)
then in the 60's you had rock and roll rebels.. (elvis shaken them hips)
in the 70's you had hippies and an intro to a more hard rock
in the 80's you had hip-hop and punk
in the 90's you had grunge and goth
and in the 00's you got emo..

so whatever will make people scoff in each decade... will be what the kids will be into.

Ha, your timeline's way off.

classifications are just there for people to describe themselves... I don't get why people hate classifications unless they don't fit in one... i mean hell... if your a lil bit country and a lil bit rock and roll then say it. lol. i don't see anything wrong with using classifications to describe yourself or the music u like.

I say where what you want to wear when you want to wear it. But when you are trying to 'not conform' by being EMO, you look for pictures, movies, songs, and others to see what is cool in the EMO world which is in sense conforming...it is a looped argument. Some EMO kids look fine but the ones who wear eye liner, dye their hair jet black, wear more chains than a high security prisoner, etc...need to be slapped back into reality.
I am not that type

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"