What's after emo?

1. Emo

Genre of softcore punk music that integrates unenthusiastic melodramatic 17 year olds who dont smile, high pitched overwrought lyrics and inaudible guitar rifts with tight wool sweaters, tighter jeans, itchy scarfs (even in the summer), ripped chucks with favorite bands signature, black square rimmed glasses, and ebony greasy unwashed hair that is required to cover at least 3/5 ths of the face at an angle.

::sniff sniff:: "The Demise of the Siberian Traintracks of Our Rusty Forgotten Unblemished Love" sounds like it would make a great emo band name. ::cry::

urband dictionary=love

From urbandictionary.com

"1. Emo

Genre of softcore punk music that integrates unenthusiastic melodramatic 17 year olds who dont smile, high pitched overwrought lyrics and inaudible guitar rifts with tight wool sweaters, tighter jeans, itchy scarfs (even in the summer), ripped chucks with favorite bands signature, black square rimmed glasses, and ebony greasy unwashed hair that is required to cover at least 3/5 ths of the face at an angle.

::sniff sniff:: "The Demise of the Siberian Traintracks of Our Rusty Forgotten Unblemished Love" sounds like it would make a great emo band name. ::cry::"

Look at my avvy :word:

is that based on me?

I liked Ska in the seventies and...... Don't laugh, I had a new romantic wedge in 81. New Romantics were abit like emos except they didn't cry.

Anti nothing wrong with a bit of Duran Duran, Spandau Ballet, Adam & The Ants and ABC although most that stuff was around before I was born its some good cheese music.

Panic At The Disco totally copied that genre of music and resold to it to kids today.

I want rave back. :(
Hey is that Crystal Castle pic?

Hey is that Crystal Castle pic?

Aye, they are amazing. Aswell with Partyshank, Gay Against You, Germlin, Niyi, Yoko Oh No, the list goes on. I saw CC live a few months ago in detroit, good show.

Anti nothing wrong with a bit of Duran Duran, Spandau Ballet, Adam & The Ants and ABC although most that stuff was around before I was born its some good cheese music.

Panic At The Disco totally copied that genre of music and resold to it to kids today.

All "true" :up:

I still like them, just finished some shows with em :yay:

I remember reading a long time ago that in order to be emo you must carry an acoustic guitar with you at all times, playing only Dashboard Confessional, and claiming the songs to be your own if somebody doesn't recognize it.

:hehe:

So what's after Emo? What is in store for highschool kids and possibly everyone else, in the 2010's?

My prediction: Fat. I think fat will be the new big thing. Like celebrities will WANT to be fat. Fat kids at school will be more popular than everyone else. I mean talk about retro. Fat used to be a sign of nobility.

Everyone is fat already. But that can happen,the trend is to die 10 years sooner than healthy people because of poor life styles.

From urbandictionary.com

"1. Emo

::sniff sniff:: "The Demise of the Siberian Traintracks of Our Rusty Forgotten Unblemished Love" sounds like it would make a great emo band name. ::cry::"

that's old emo... back when dashboard, death cab and weezer were considered emo... thats when emo had color lol now its pretty black... with bright purple and pink streaks :whatever:

Weezer was never emo. I don't give a s**t what Rolling Stone Magazine tells you.

I read an article that said inner city mexican-american culture is starting to catch on in the suburbs, much like african-american culture did in the 80s. As for the "rock" side of the spectrum, hopefully it will be something hard and heavy. I can't stand whiney music. But, than again, maybe not, because if it's popular, I'll probably hate it.

What's After EMO?
easy, REAMO, all the Young kids start to dress like the Village People Construction Worker.

villagepeople.jpg

religious music if not the next wave will definitely be popping up sometime soon.

with variations in cultural religious beliefs setting the tone for the type of songs released.

Religion is big market, especially if we as human kind decide to screw ourselves over...

It's big enough in their own sectors, all they need is a breakaway artist to make it mainstream and it will be BIIIIGGG

religious music if not the next wave will definitely be popping up sometime soon.

with variations in cultural religious beliefs setting the tone for the type of songs released.

Religion is big market, especially if we as human kind decide to screw ourselves over...

It's big enough in their own sectors, all they need is a breakaway artist to make it mainstream and it will be BIIIIGGG

I thought religous music was popular for a bit around 2002. I'm atleast pretty sure some christian rock bands where popular.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"