What's after emo?

Im not too sure a european style would come to America

The retro kids who will be completely a fad. Tie-died shirts. Suspenders. Metal braces. Big round glasses. Red eye contact lenses. This group will scare everyone- let's face it, we're going retro. so the next logical step is a completely retro group who uses everything that's disappeared from the big scene.

Suits........suits are next. Kids will wear them as a way of saying, we are older, these suits represent our take over. We are the parents of sociality and we can do what we want.

That would be Mods. :o

not now.. but they were considered it right when emo first hit. with dashboard.... now none are considered emo since emo seems to be an evil evolving monster lol

weezer had 3 albums out by time dashboard hit the maintstream. and even if those bands were considered emo, someone did a piss poor job categorizing them as such. they're not emo. and never were. no matter what anyone else called them.

I don't know... the homeless look is getting pretty popular now... it was in the 80's, too... but the difference is that people are buying expensive homeless-looking clothes this time. It seems to be a huge fad among the "rebellious" teenagers. It used to be about fighting "the Man" but now it's just about "looking cool by pretending to fight the Man."

I noticed that the kid on the new terminator show has an "emo" haircut. I guess that's how we know he's a modern American teenager we can all relate to... even though he's supposed to be from the past, or something.

I don't know... the homeless look is getting pretty popular now... it was in the 80's, too... but the difference is that people are buying expensive homeless-looking clothes this time. It seems to be a huge fad among the "rebellious" teenagers. It used to be about fighting "the Man" but now it's just about "looking cool by pretending to fight the Man."

I noticed that the kid on the new terminator show has an "emo" haircut. I guess that's how we know he's a modern American teenager we can all relate to... even though he's supposed to be from the past, or something.

yet another ignorant misconception :o:whatever: his hairs hardly emo... it's just not short. a better example would have been symbiote peter parker in spidey 3

yet another ignorant misconception :o:whatever: his hairs hardly emo... it's just not short. a better example would have been symbiote peter parker in spidey 3

nah, he's got the comb over bangs and everything... it's just not dyed black.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1986304256/tt0851851

thats not emo.. thats just medium long hair... from the pics i've seen its normally not even combed :o

this is emo :o
http://www.fashionshanty.com/images/emo/girls-emo-haircut.jpg

That is a girl's haircut. I was reminded more of:

http://www.gigwise.com/artists/00016217_fall_out_boy_image_1.jpg

which, I guess people argue that fall out boy is not emo, but, he looks pretty dang emo, and the connor kid looks similar, even in expression.

I think some people can pull off emo hair. Although It's definately not something you want to expiriment with .

Ok the reason why young people change their looks or fad or whatever is because of music. The younglings today listen to rap, hip-hop, punk rock, emo, indie music etc. When there is new type of music these young adults will like to dress to the music or whatever these musicians wear for there daily show.

"What's after emo?"

Well I really don't know whats after emo, but if you look at musicians you will get your answer.

Another example is look at the 1960's 70's 80's 90's and today musicians and the younglings on what the music they listen to in their time compare there musicians look and the young adults.

kids have ALWAYS dressed according to their musical tastes. this isnt something new. when the beatles came to america in 64, kids went out and got their hair cut like them. when bowie, bolan, and the new york dolls made it in the 70's, kids dressed like them. its always been that way.

If you really want to know what comes after "emo" :-)cmad:), just go to any underground music venue in an area that has a big music scene where new bands have truly original sounds and style. thats how "emo" and indie music blew up.

its almost like the industry has scouts they send to find out the new fad and style, new bands that are willing to sign contracts and change their style enough to fit on the radio, and then thats when the copycats come out the woodwork and little pre-teens become brainwashed by mtv to listening to this music they swear by.

2010 will bring on the end of Emo and the beginning of Ugly:

Ugly.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"