What's after emo?

having worked in a school the year after leaving my own i have to say there was a MASSIVE difference over the summer...

when i left everything was normal...when i started work all you could see was all this plastic hair and leather clad lesbians everywhere...it was horrible...

classifications are just there for people to describe themselves... I don't get why people hate classifications unless they don't fit in one... i mean hell... if your a lil bit country and a lil bit rock and roll then say it. lol. i don't see anything wrong with using classifications to describe yourself or the music u like.

Why do people need a music scene to tell them who they are? That's just ignorant.

having worked in a school the year after leaving my own i have to say there was a MASSIVE difference over the summer...

when i left everything was normal...when i started work all you could see was all this plastic hair and leather clad lesbians everywhere...it was horrible...

that's life

its how us kids are growing up now

Ha, your timeline's way off.

not really.. hippies became big in 69, so i lumped it in 70's. its just a generalization anyway. early 60's late 50's was more rock n roll elvis stuff... it's not way off track, your just generalizing the decade when i rounded

Are you a teacher?

Why do people need a music scene to tell them who they are? That's just ignorant.

thats there choice.. and its been that way for a while.. country, rock, pop, hip-hop. music is a big part of life.. i dont look at conforming to it... more like choosing what conforms to me

thats there choice.. and its been that way for a while.. country, rock, pop, hip-hop. music is a big part of life.. i dont look at conforming to it... more like choosing what conforms to me

A lot of teenagers feel they ought to dress like their music.

not really.. hippies became big in 69, so i lumped it in 70's. its just a generalization anyway. early 60's late 50's was more rock n roll elvis stuff... it's not way off track, your just generalizing the decade when i rounded

hippies were big by 67. punk started in 68 with the stooges, but didnt really hit the mainstream till early-mid 70's with the NY scene (NY dolls, patti smith, ramones, etc). in the 70's you had punk/glam rock, disco, and rock and roll. though, rock and roll was dead by 75, being killed off by bands like the eagles and journey and all that other bulls#!t.

either way, who gives a f**k about emo and what comes after? but im pretty sure punk, real punk (not this green day "punk" b.s.), is gonna make a come back. bands like the black lips and jay reatard will be paving that path.

hippies were big by 67. punk started in 68 with the stooges, but didnt really hit the mainstream till early-mid 70's with the NY scene (NY dolls, patti smith, ramones, etc). in the 70's you had punk/glam rock, disco, and rock and roll. though, rock and roll was dead by 75, being killed off by bands like the eagles and journey and all that other bulls#!t.

either way, who gives a f**k about emo and what comes after? but im pretty sure punk, real punk (not this green day "punk" b.s.), is gonna make a come back. bands like the black lips and jay ****** will be paving that path.

All Punk was is a great rock and roll swindal. As someone who remembers 77, I hope it doesn't come back.

i say Hippies will come back in 2012! and Goth, emo and skater will become old fashion.

Hip Hop never turned into street or emo. The ones who still listen to good hip hop which isn't aloud on the radio half the time are people who listen to underground and good hip hop. "Hip hop aint goin no where, the question is where you goin? Cause where you goe that's were hip hop's goin" And then there's that commercial crap which is the garbage on the radio talking about how they're all pimps, and they have hoes and a lot of money then the next song they say how they're poor and are thugs and gangsters to make a living and they gotta get rich or die trying. They call themselves "thugs" or "gangsters" what do I call 'em? Morons. And emo kids all deserve to get head punted. What's commin next? Variety. It's been growin and I'm in High School right now and I can tell you Variety has passed Emo, it's passed Jock it's only a matter of time before they realize it though.

I liked Ska in the seventies and...... Don't laugh, I had a new romantic wedge in 81. New Romantics were abit like emos except they didn't cry.

I see

some people are also confusing emo's withy a punk or skater too

"New" movement: 60's inspiered.

Everything will be free flowing, peace and love, in a word, Hippies.

From urbandictionary.com

"1. Emo

Genre of softcore punk music that integrates unenthusiastic melodramatic 17 year olds who dont smile, high pitched overwrought lyrics and inaudible guitar rifts with tight wool sweaters, tighter jeans, itchy scarfs (even in the summer), ripped chucks with favorite bands signature, black square rimmed glasses, and ebony greasy unwashed hair that is required to cover at least 3/5 ths of the face at an angle.

::sniff sniff:: "The Demise of the Siberian Traintracks of Our Rusty Forgotten Unblemished Love" sounds like it would make a great emo band name. ::cry::"

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"