The Dark Knight Joker's Ending Scene

Was there not an interview not to long ago with Nolan and he gives spoliers on the jokers fate? I remeber seeing this but not reading it because I didnt want anything ruined....help?

Yeah I noticed that and thought it was interesting. It seems he was once ashamed of being a weird freak or something and being the Joker is part of getting over it. Twice there's mentions about "being alone". When the mob call him crazy and he responds vigorously it's one of Ledgers best deliveries in the entire film. "I'm not. No. I'm not". There was another moment like this with Harvey in hospital but I've forgotten what it was. ??? And you can tell he's pretty offended when the Chechen calls him freak. Particularly when he says "why don't we chop you up and feed you to the pooches. Hhuh?" on the last bit he actually sounds HURT and lashing out. replay the online clip, i noticed it before I saw it in the cinema.

Also when he's talking about not being able to go back to the past status quo, in the interrogation scene, he says "what? go back to ripping of mob dealers? No. No...... NO" and seems kind of amused. Not only is that an origin fragment but I think that moment was Heath acknowledging that the Joker gid get screwed up in a mob violence, and that's why he can't go back to that lowly level. It created him.

Also, a hurt woman was clearly prominent in his past. Both of his stories tell of either a mother or a girlfriend with a scared grin like his own. Roll on Harlequin. It's the best way to recast Joker I think now. Just cast a woman and change her name.

I got the impression that his scars came from ripping off mob dealers, what he has are also known as "snitch scars", usually people get them if they snitch to the cops or lie to organized crime groups

Just got back from seeing it and am totally beyond blown away... I had high expectations but WOW, utterly amazingly awesome, beyond what I even thought it would be. Joker's final scene I thought was totally perfect in every way, wailing on Batman with a pipe, laughing maniacly, total homage to Death in the Family that was just perfect, and the speech at the end was just the perfect sum up of the Batman-Joker dynamic. They really did set up for him to come back in the third, its a shame we can never see it, even if they recast (and i'm sure they'd cast it good and we'd see a good performance) it'll be good but nothing like seeing a true continuance of Heaths Joker.

what so is there a possibility the joker started off as a "stick up" guy, sorta like omar from the wire?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"